Home General Discussion

Ghostbusters The Video Game - Xbox 360 - Zeitgeist Review

Hey everyone, I just finished my review of Ghostbusters The Video Game for the Xbox 360!

Don't forget to subscribe to my channel at:
http://www.youtube.com/ZeitgeistReview

Check it out at:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCmMKzmptec[/ame]

Replies

• notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Good review vid btw... I haven't played the game yet (waiting for some free time), but it seems like you may have given away some details. Not that you did any huge spoilers, but somethings probably should be left as a reward during the game ;)
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    I agree with you Dan, I'm really enjoying the game. The whole graphics/gameplay package is awesome! Definitely the best Ghostbusters game I have played in a long long while :)
  • katzeimsack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katzeimsack polycounter lvl 17
    damn :(

the review and the xbox version are awesome! Why does the ps3 version looks so bad :(
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You're getting pretty good at this review stuff =)
  • ZeitgeistReview
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    your doing a good job man, you pulled much more interrest out of me then before

storytelling got better, the way you include yourself!, the shots you use, everything got +1

only the intro was a bit slow and uninterresting for my taste, maybe more catchy content and less animations that flip these around
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yep the intro is a bit long and the only thing that kind of bugged me the rest was great.

I liked the metal door transition shots, those where pretty cool.
  • Eclipse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eclipse polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah I really liked the Metal Doors, they are a great addition and much shorter/better then the old ones. The content was good as well, minor spoiler stuff I guess but very nice and informative. You are definitely getting better and I hope you keep at it. My only crit is to fix your intro as well. The text at the end particularly looks like something from publisher or something back in 98 :P.
  • ZeitgeistReview
    Eclipse wrote: »
    Yeah I really liked the Metal Doors, they are a great addition and much shorter/better then the old ones. The content was good as well, minor spoiler stuff I guess but very nice and informative. You are definitely getting better and I hope you keep at it. My only crit is to fix your intro as well. The text at the end particularly looks like something from publisher or something back in 98 :P.

What do you suggest I do to the intro?
  • Eclipse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eclipse polycounter lvl 18
    It's just a bit long and generic, I am not a film guy so sadly I cannot really think of awesome ways to make it better, but you were able to do an awesome transition from what you had to the metal door things, so i am sure you can come up with something really nice!
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    I tried to pick up Ghostbusters for my 360 today at Best Buy but they were out!
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I tried to pick up Ghostbusters for my 360 today at Best Buy but they were out!

I asked the guy at Best Buy if they had any copies of Ghostbusters for the 360 and he just laughed at me. I went to target and bought the last copy the had, they're selling like hotcakes!
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Argh! No MP support in the PC version? I thought this would be like my substitute for Left 4 Dead....

That, and I just saw the minimum specs to play it... Darn. Darn Darn.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    yeah i didn't see any at Target either. I always buy my games at Best Buy because of the damn reward zone and gamers club stuff they have.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    great review :) i thought it was PKE not EKG tho
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    the ps3 graphics look great to me.. not sure what you all are talking about.
  • Irreal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irreal polycounter lvl 10
    Yep Good review. I wasn't going to bother with this game but i'm tempted to pick it up now.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster wrote: »
    great review :) i thought it was PKE not EKG tho
    Yep I'm pretty sure its a Psycho Kinetic Energy, not electrocardiogram (why they abbreviate it eKg I have no idea).
  • Mike_Carlyle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mike_Carlyle polycounter lvl 17
    just picked it up.. looking forward to diving into it! thanks for the cool review!! good work
  • ZeitgeistReview
    Vig wrote: »
    Yep I'm pretty sure its a Psycho Kinetic Energy, not electrocardiogram (why they abbreviate it eKg I have no idea).

Yup, you guys are right about the PKE, not EKG. Damn it.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Finally got a chance to play this weekend. Great game so far. I've experienced a few bugs on the 360 version though.
    1) When I first played, I got up to where I returned to the firehouse, and I was suppose to interview the lady. I exited the game there, since it was a new scene, I figured it was a good place to stop. When I started the game back up later that evening, I was at the start of Museum scene. I'm not sure if I missed anything important, but it seems like I did :/

2) When I go to continue the game, it asks me what device to store my progress on. I choose my hdd as usual, then it warns me that I'm going to overwrite the data and defaults to 'choose different location'. I have to go down to continue each time. It's not a BIG deal, but still something that other games don't do. If I choose the hdd, and it sees previously stored data, it should know to use it.

3) I had the game lock on me several times. To the point that I had to eject the game to get the system to return... or shut down the 360 completely. This may be just my system though. You never know with the 360s ;) I don't have enough hdd space to download the game, due to only have a 20GB system :(

4) When I was about to enter the kids classroom, the door didn't shut completely for some reason, so it didn't trigger for me to continue. I had to exit to the menu, then continue my career, to get it to reset.

Again, none of these things are taking away from the game, just little bugs. I've seen worse ;)
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, same for me with the interview the lady section, my game on the PS3 would lock up in the library when the shelves were moving..
  • ZeitgeistReview
    notman wrote: »
    Finally got a chance to play this weekend. Great game so far. I've experienced a few bugs on the 360 version though.
    1) When I first played, I got up to where I returned to the firehouse, and I was suppose to interview the lady. I exited the game there, since it was a new scene, I figured it was a good place to stop. When I started the game back up later that evening, I was at the start of Museum scene. I'm not sure if I missed anything important, but it seems like I did :/

2) When I go to continue the game, it asks me what device to store my progress on. I choose my hdd as usual, then it warns me that I'm going to overwrite the data and defaults to 'choose different location'. I have to go down to continue each time. It's not a BIG deal, but still something that other games don't do. If I choose the hdd, and it sees previously stored data, it should know to use it.

3) I had the game lock on me several times. To the point that I had to eject the game to get the system to return... or shut down the 360 completely. This may be just my system though. You never know with the 360s ;) I don't have enough hdd space to download the game, due to only have a 20GB system :(

4) When I was about to enter the kids classroom, the door didn't shut completely for some reason, so it didn't trigger for me to continue. I had to exit to the menu, then continue my career, to get it to reset.

Again, none of these things are taking away from the game, just little bugs. I've seen worse ;)

Crazy! I actually experienced 1 and 2 as well, but not 3 and 4.
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    Looks like somebody has been watching too many videocopilot tutorials. :poly124:
  • ZeitgeistReview
    Luxury wrote: »
    Looks like somebody has been watching too many videocopilot tutorials. :poly124:

More like not enough haha
  • Daaark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daaark polycounter lvl 17
    I wanted to post in the proper thread, but someone locked it because one little bitch was crying.

The demo just went up, so I grabbed it immediately. This game is amazing. A big thanks to everyone who worked on this to make it so legit.

I'll be getting this soon!