Home General Discussion

Modo 401 is here! :D

Well guys i've been waiting for this new build for a while :)

next is Zbrush 4!
-
http://www.luxology.com/trymodo/ - edit the trial isn't here just yet. But for those who purchased.
-

Discuss! :)

Replies

• Ben Apuna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just finished installing Vista 64bit to take advantage of this, hopefully I won't regret going over to Vista. I'll get back to you on how it's working for me, 1st I need to redo my key bindings and see if the scripts I like to use still work.
  • elte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    elte polycounter lvl 18
    4 seems like a good number :P

Since there are no trial yet, I've just checked their forum and maybe this thread might interest you.

Modo401 is sluggish?
    http://forums.luxology.com/discussion/topic.aspx?id=35612&page=1

PC graphic card recommendation for Modo 401?
    http://forums.luxology.com/discussion/topic.aspx?id=35650

Seems like some users having some bad experience with openGL and performance related to hardware.
  • PixelGoat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelGoat polycounter lvl 12
    wiiiieeeeee finally :D
  • CrazyMatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Strange I havn't encountered any sluggish performance yet.

I'm using 2 512mb 8800 SLI Nvidia for cards, with 4 gigs of ram on a 32 bit ultimate vista.
    I guess i'll have to dig deeper and try doing some of those demonstration features like a field of hundreds of thousands of human characters or rhino's in their case ^^
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I look forward to checking this out.
  • Snefer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snefer polycounter lvl 16
    Yeah... its pretty awesome, but I have some performance issues actually, when I have a UV-window, selection is slow, yeah, the model is ultradense, but still. Viewport performance is awesome though, +10 million pollys in sub-d mode without even a hint of slowdown :D

Also..I love the presets ^^ oooh yeah :D
  • seven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seven polycounter lvl 13
    I love the presets, I love the preview render, I even love the presentation of the program. I am however finding a lot of bugs with the backdrop items. It's not horrible and I can work around them but meh, bug report. I'm still combing through a lot of what's available and integrating it into my pipline.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    I'm playing with the x64 version, and i have had a few crashes, one changing the ui from modo 401 to 301 :S.

Presets does not work with edges :S, and the painting methods have been reduced from 3 to 2, there's not the view projection method.

Another thing i have tested is that the renderer is slower, almost the double. Materials haven't got the blend modes and opacities now :(.

There are too many minor changes... i love the preset library, now i can have dozens of models ready to use ^^.

I have noticed the user reference videos points now to the luxology page... 1+gb of content and they cut all the videotutorials from the previous version. It's a shame not to be able to see the examples, luxology.com must be like collapsed.