Home Technical Talk

weird pshop 7 issue........hmmmmmmm

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
keizza polycounter lvl 18
i'm using anciet ass pshop 7. all of the sudden, whenever i try to access the color wheel the eyedropper is immediately activated. what the hell???? anybody have this prob?

Replies

• renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    what do you mean by color wheel?
    if you change the FG or BG (foreground, background) color you can pick up colors from your document - is that what you mean?
  • keizza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sorry....i'm not being very descriptive cause i'm on the edge of panic. whenever i hover over the foreground color.....and then try and click it to bring up the color wheel.....to adjust my color.....it just automatically activates the eyedropper tool as if i hit "i" hotkey. however....the color wheel does not even come up. if i have gradient selected....and i want to go into the gradient menu.....it automatically goes to eyedropper w/o bringing up the gradient menu at all.

now i'm panicking more....because i have painter 6 and 10. was using 6 bout 2 hours ago.....now the tablet won't read the brush strokes at all....but the mouse works. and in 10....the tablet reads the brushes fine.

AM I ABOUT TO CRASH?????????? BACKUP TIME OMEGA????????????????????
    ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    ah well most likely the panel is projected on a different monitor or overlapped by a "always on top" element.
    Because you get the eye-dropper anyway and only as soon as the color window appears. So apparently your window is hidden somewhere. I got this myself with Photoshop a few times when some other dork played with my computer ans switched monitor positions in the OS.

so maybe try switching your multi screens (if you have) so that you can see the other part of the screen. This is also a famous bug in max where you cant get your panels if you switched screens.
  • keizza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    appreciate the response. but man...something else is wrong here. i reset palette locations....and there is no color picker anywhere. and in painter.....the mouse works but the stylus does not.

houston.....WE HAVE A PROBLEM
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    palette != file dialogues and color picker window

the palette panels are the one that are accessible from the window > ... but not the intern dialog positions like from certain filters, resize or gradient curve stuff. So I am 99% sure its really off your current screen.
  • keizza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks man. but there is a glitch in the system. my tab doesn't work w/a certain prog. i've been using pshop for a looooong time. so i'm accustomed to menus and such and how to get them if they are not poppin up. i am sure it's a tab issue that is eff'n w/stuff. got new drivers....to no avail. hmmmmmmmm.

thanks for all the help renderhjs. but i think there is a higher power workin here.
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    well like I am said I am pretty sure its that issue because i had it once myself and was like WTF at first as well.
  • renderhjs
  • keizza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    naw. i got two monitors. and reset should have solved all. i'm still having some really weird tab issues.....dl'd new drivers to no avail. thanks dude. but something weird is going on.