Home General Discussion

Modern Warfare 2

BAAAAM

new full length trailer is out. none of this 5 second bullshit. this is a full 2 minutes! teh epic

http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/

Replies

• Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
  • Jack Daniels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Perfect Birthday gift for myself. That looks sick.
  • ocarian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ocarian polycounter lvl 16
    I really like the Infinity ward Work
    I waiting November
    Keyboard and Mouse are ready :D
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ericdigital polycounter lvl 13
    Just seen this, it looks insane! It's different than any call of duty that I'm use too. It's weird seeing people not in full military gear.

There is a new BF: bad comp trailer too that looks really awesome.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
  • CrazyMatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks cool!

Seems like they concentrated on single player this time around? Which is cool since multiplayer has grounded itself quite solid :)
  • sampson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sampson polycounter lvl 9
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 16
    Woot! First ROCKTOBER, then MW2!
  • carlo_c
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ahh yes, this is going to get pre-ordered as soon as!
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Looks pretty damn nice!
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg! i've been dying for this!

november can't get here fast enough!
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    Can't fuckin wait, gonna be the new multi-game at work for sure xD
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    did i see scenes from "Cliffhanger" and "Die Hard 2" (snowmobile scene) there :D
  • _Shimmer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    _Shimmer polycounter lvl 18
    amazing stuff! Loved the first one (yeah... 4th)!

whats up with the mohawk dude? pun to killzone?
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Wow. Do Want. Now.

I like the release date too hahah 11 10 9
  • dehebo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    excellent trailer, really looking forward to it. I'm still playing MP on mod warfare, never gets boring.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I think the character animation is the most impressive thing. Visually it's pretty much the same as MW2, which is good but not as good as other titles. Gameplay is where it excels, though. MW1 was really fun (albeit short), so I have faith MW2 will be just as much, if not more fun. :)
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Ugggh,, not another FPS from a middling developer. Infinity who??

God, im getting sick of these sequels.

JK

:D

TOTALLY looking forward to this game. First day buy! Modern Warfare was one of the best games I'd ever played. IW can do no wrong. They're pretty much on the level of Valve and Blizz.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    oommgggg

I got cock drool in my paannttss...
  • Okt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okt polycounter lvl 19
    After seeing this maybe I should give COD4 a go... Such an energetic trailer.

EDIT:
    This trailer made me buy COD4 on steam. GJ IW
  • mLichy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ya, I will getting this for sure. I never bought COD4, but I beat the single player and played multiplayer a decent amount. My roommates still play it ALOT. This year has a ton of good games to look foward to :). E3 Soon!!
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    Would you belive COD4 is the only game I still play on computer? I forced myself to install it only in my parents home so I can only play at weekends. If you ever see a guy called Urubu you are probably dead!

This one looks great! can't wait.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Kinda not important, but the dialogue in that trailer was weak. It really sticks out like a sore thumb when a writer tries to be all profound but fails. Also I was hoping for better graphics than this. It'll still rock though. Loved the second half of Modern Warfare. 'Twas epic.

Also, E3 is in a few days. Why are so many companies releasing details/trailers of their biggest games now? Makes no sense to me.
  • [iWi]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nice lighting & rendering !
    , otherwise the trailer does not impress me so much.
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ericdigital polycounter lvl 13
    So this isn't Call of Duty any more right? It seems they have broken away from the franchise. I don't know if there is any truth to this but I heard treyarch now has full rights to Call of Duty, though could just be bollocks.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    sweeet! Time to go pre-order :D Hope if uses the same editor as cod4.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    So did Captain Price die at the end of the last one or not? Hope not, he was a great character. :(
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    nah I think he died.. I love they way they killed off jackson too.

he was a great character.. In fact I just reinstalled COD4 to play it again on hard.. wow. it rocks..
    makes COD5 very mediocre.. Im glad they broke modern warfare away from the COD series.. hopefully they can make it a bit more tactical too. My only gripe with 4 is the unending stream of baddies when behind cover vs running the gauntlet and not having many baddies to kill.
  • s0id3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    s0id3 polycounter lvl 8
    IW makes such epic single player experiences, can't wait for Modern Warfare 2
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    that looks awesome!

way to rip the transformers trailer sounds too!
  • dolemite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Man I need this shit. I can't wait to humiliate some bitches in MP. I hope they have nazi zombie mode, or something like that. And the dogs in MP were a nice touch from World at War.

oh and vehicles in MP.

OMG OMG OMG.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    dolemite wrote: »
    oh and vehicles in MP.

lol ... going from previous experience, if they have driveable vehicles in MP, this will cause a massive split in the online community - those who love vehicles, and those who think things should be infantry-only, forever.

I predict myriad cries of "they ruined everything when they added vehicles!" from CoD4 forumites across the globe!
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    My guess is vehicles will be a few small bits in the single player and not a huge deal and MP will be left largely unaffected.

My hope, is that they do something like COD4 where you call in airstrikes and choppers, but they would be player-controlled instead. Keeps the balance and map size the same, and actually removes a bit of cheapness from air support since it would be skill based and not a bot.
  • dolemite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vehicles are badass..... I owned some people with the tank in World at War. People don't seem to know how to launch a bazooka at a tank, and that's their problem.

But back to the point of the thread:

OMFG!!!! MW2!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!
  • glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP wrote: »
    I predict myriad cries of "they ruined everything when they added vehicles!" from CoD4 forumites across the globe!

That's my battlecry. Vehicles in single player? Pretty much a shooter requirement these days. Vehicles in multi? Leave it for tribes/unreal/battlefield. Skirmishes with soldiers only are far more interesting and fun for all.
  • Carl Brannstrom
    http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/18/modern-warfare-2-pc-wont-support-dedicated-servers/

Appearently there won't be any dedicated servers for MP :(

Maybe I won't get the game after all.

What a pity.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    There has been a massive uproar in the (PC gaming) community over this. Bit of a fiasco.
    DICE even jumped in and said they were definitely having dedicated servers for Bad Company 2, since they think it's so integral to keeping a good experience.

If MW2 goes entirely P2P multiplayer (which I believe is well established on consoles but not on PC at all), then that will most likely mean more lag for players connecting, no lag for the host, and re-syncing issues when the host disconnects (they handle this fairly well but it still means a few seconds of pause and a progress bar when the host leaves since the game has to quickly shift the host to another active player - at which point everyone's ping might fluctuate wildly again).

It remains to be seen how well this will work, clearly IW think they know what they're doing, however it has angered a lot of players, and I think they've lost a fair few sales over this (although in the grand scheme of things since they already have well over a million pre-orders, I'm sure IW and Activision aren't complaining).

I guess it depends how well it takes off and how well recieved it is, might be a bit of a dent in their status if it doesn't go down well on release.

Also has huge implications for modding, custom servers, custom settings etc (and generally getting a consistent online gaming experience).
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    i hadn't seen the multiplayer vids they have up on the site now... looks so gut wrenching kick ass... can not wait!
    countin' down the days!

sux about the dedicated servers though
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    MoP wrote: »
    (and generally getting a consistent online gaming experience).

I see this as a very good thing. 'push' modes clearly designed with wave respawns in mind played with no respawns and other silliness will be eliminated.
  • Cojax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
    Considering the PC version sells like crap compared to its big hit console brothers, I don't think they are to concerned about the loud PC community. PC would be dead by now if it weren't for Blizzard and Valve.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    :( Damn, I'm getting the PC version and I sure hope that this is just a rumor or that this tech they're touting is reliable. A huge chunk of my time spent reaching the level cap in COD4:MW was thru the local dedicated servers. I found a few servers I liked that had barely any ping and had rules I liked (hardcore mode, no noob tubes) and whenever I wanted to play for an hour I'd know exactly where to go! Hopefully their new matchmaking system works...
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    I think the thing that worries me the most about no dedicated servers is what does this do for LAN games? This may be a 'minor concern' like it was for Blizzard, but with the first MC my coworkers and I were having almost daily LAN games going down at lunch.
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Guess im glad im getting it for the PS3
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    What're the reasons for no dedicated servers and mod support? And who's made this announcement, IW or ATVI?
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    I dont really have a problem with them trying to change the mold and whatnot - I think the way xbox handles ranking and pairing you up with opponents is good and definately something that should come in at some point.

Infact, quakelive is pretty close to an ideal setup for me as finding people your skill level is quick and painless and if you want duels versus people the same applies. For L4D its more appropriate perhaps as that isnt a drop in and play game -> youll get your lineup and then youre in for a ~1hour fixed time so its kinda good to get something sorted prior to actually joining a server and saying "whos ready? lets go?".

Still, for things like TF2 it'd feel kinda detached not to be able to join the same community servers, seeing as they have a rotation of probably a few hundred players that are familiar faces.
  • AshleyTayles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AshleyTayles polycounter lvl 9
    So... am I the only one that see's this as an over-hyped, over-priced game that isn't really that much different to the last one?

I think I'll pass until they come up with something more original.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    So... am I the only one that see's this as an over-hyped, over-priced game that isn't really that much different to the last one?

yes, probably.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    adam wrote: »
    What're the reasons for no dedicated servers and mod support? And who's made this announcement, IW or ATVI?

IW did, via a podcast interview recently. Their main reasons seem to be that it will help cut down on piracy and that matchmaking systems and p2p are the way forward.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19

1 - it looks vastly different from the original (no Afghan locations)
    2 - Much content than the original (MP here only as I don't know much about SP). More weapons, perks, character customization, etc.
    3 - How is being not much different from something that was arguably one of the better games to come out in the last couple of years a bad thing?

Not fanboying it up here, just posing some questions for you.

MoP - Ah, thanks man :D They should stop worrying about piracy (PC only) and worry about the end-user experience. Jacking the price up $10 for less end-user control is, in no way, something that'll deter people from pirating their game. Treat that aspect as Valve does and I am betting their fan loyalty will sky rocket.

Feels like a step backwards :(