Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Gorilla WARFARE - Characters and environments

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
RThomson polycounter lvl 11
Hi there, this is my first post on Polycount after years of lurking and stalking you all :icon60:

Gorilla WARFARE

My brother and I recently decided to create a game together. I am the artist. The only artist, so i'm creating all of the media for concept to character to environment. My brother is the genius programmer, he's creating an engine using ogre and c++ amongst other things. I couldn't hope to understand it myself.

I won't go into the fine details of the game, but basically it will be a single player/network playable sci fi, cartoony platform/action/puzzle game, where you play as a Monkey/Gorilla duo in an exotic new environment where the wildlife have recently become subject to illegal government testing, accidentally resulting in everything from super-intelligence in primates amongst other species, to hideous weaponized mutation and natural disaster. You must survive as part of the first non-human, intelligent race, (possibly more intelligent than humans) and work as the two top agents for the new society, hoping to expand and develop to the top of the world. They will soon find out how they came to be, and will have to respond to the lurking military threat, who aim to cover up their government's mistake by any means necessary.

This is all set in a futuristic style universe, not neccesarily our future.

Our goal is to get a playable engine with a fully scalable environment for everyone on the internet to go nuts in for free. perhaps a little demo if it gets that far, which I'm going to try really hard to see it does.

A quick environment concept, you will find most of my concepts are very quick, doing all the art is a long enough process already, so I just do concepts to get a basic idea in my head of what to do.

entrance.gif

more.jpg

andmore.jpg

Concept (told you it's quick)

Monkey.jpg

Gorilla!

wonkeydonkey-1.jpg

Monkey! (WIP)

Monkeypaint.jpg

Some stuff I need to finish and texture (for both Gorilla and Monkey)

miniarsenal.gif

Gorilla is completely rigged, screwed up his mouth but that's not urgent.
here's a video of him in an idol pose, breathing. boring.

www.sitonthebarmoron.co.uk/pics/Gorilla.avi

Well, I hope you like it so far. Expect lots of updates.

Rob

Replies