Home General Discussion

Best series to watch online for free or next to nothing!

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
ebagg polycounter lvl 17
I've all but forsaken watching things on TV, I usually watch maybe the news, sports games, and that's about it. I used to DVR shows occasionally so I can watch them when I wanted and skip the commercials, but really most of my show watching is online, thru Hulu, Netflix, or other sites. Which saves a lot of money and time since the commercials are so short in comparison to the long breaks on tv. I was wondering who else does this and has many shows to recommend?

Individual sites:
-Heroes
-Lost
-Supernatural
-Reaper
-Battlestar Galactica

Hulu:
-Exosquad
-Burn Notice
-30 Rock
-SNL
-The Office

Netflix:
-Weeds
-Red Dwarf
-Jeremiah
-Desert Punk
-The Outer Limits
-Sliders

Replies

• Firecracker197
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firecracker197 polycounter lvl 11
    The Guild on hulu is funny, even though I dont play MMO's anymore its still hillarious to watch.
  • Mechadus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Im in the same boat - Discovery channel is about all the tv I watch anymore - I either stream or download everything else. You already listed most of my favs, but I also watch the Fox Terminator show online.. fox.com/terminator

-N
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    Ebagg'! Damn your exo squad, first jay now you , and now my buddies at nspace are watching it, its a disease I say!

(now if it was reboot....that would be another story)
  • Rory_M
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rory_M polycounter lvl 10
    The Guild on hulu is funny, even though I dont play MMO's anymore its still hillarious to watch.

agreed.
  • Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you can find Burn Notice, it's well worth a watch. It's even got Bruce Campbell in it :D
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Venture brothers also a great watch.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    Gah! Burn Notice? Really!?

I tried watching a couple of episodes and couldn't stand the guy.

Bruce Campbell is about the only thing that kept me going for the little while I could.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Doctor Who on netflix!
  • Stubbs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stubbs polycounter lvl 17
    South Park and The Office are by far my two favorite shows, and fortunately you can watch every South Park episode on the official site now. On the official Office site you can watch the 5 or 6 most recent episodes, for the earlier seasons I just used another site.
  • e-freak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They don't offer something like hulu in germany. I'm watching Lost, Heroes and Chuck, which would be all hosted for free with Ads but they block everyone outside NA and tend to find all proxies so using a streaming site without Ads is the way to go for me, which is kind of sad as I'd actually see this ads if they help the shows and the service providers, but once more it states true that often pirates do the better job in getting the medium to the audience (Lost and Heroes are sometimes more than one season late to the premiere dates in NA/UK and Chuck hasn't even started to air yet...)
  • Firecracker197
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firecracker197 polycounter lvl 11
    House

Its syndicated so you should be able to get all the episodes somewhere, they might keep all of them on fox.com if not the new ones are there. They have dvd's you can get on netfilx too
  • Parnell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Parnell polycounter lvl 18
    Fringe on Hulu
    Terminator: Sarah Conor Chronicles on Hulu
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    as i made a seperate post , watch now on netflix has a show called Jekyll 6 episodes but pretty good modern jekyll an hyde story, i like jerimiah but got bored quick into jericho, also the new dr who is pretty good.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I like watching tech shows on Revision3.com. Mainly Diggnation, TheTotallyRadShow, Techzilla, Scam School, and now CO-OP. The Digg Reel is good also, but I mainly like it because I can access most video sites at work, and so I d/l 'the reel' because it tends to group the best ones together on the show :)
  • javi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    javi polycounter lvl 16
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    I don't know if you can watch it online or not but It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on FX is probably one of the funniest / most outrageous shows I have seen since Arrested Development.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A few months ago they had every episode of "It's Always Sunny in PA" was on Hulu, It was great. Now they're down to only 5 episodes.. bah.

I also like Burn Notice. But watching it with commercials, forget it. Also the "hot chick, isn't so hot" more like greasy chicken skin stretched over toothpicks with 2 shots of cow ass right in the corners of her mouth.

I also like watching the quickie lost recaps. It's pretty awesome watching one guy act out all the main parts with action figures, reminds me a little of Robot Chicken. But you have to sift through the networks web browser BS and annoying "we're going to keep playing our loud commercials until you click play!"
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Vig wrote: »
    also like Burn Notice. But watching it with commercials, forget it. Also the "hot chick, isn't so hot" more like greasy chicken skin stretched over toothpicks with 2 shots of cow ass right in the corners of her mouth.

Agreed... that guy could pull in a much nicer piece of ass than her... and the character is really a pain in the ass, so I don't know why he'd deal with that ;)

Good show though... I don't get to watch it because my wife doesn't like the show for some reason. I think because Bruce Campbell is in it (which is bonus to me :))
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Oh yea I forgot, Jericho is on Netflix, which personally I thought was a great series, although they had to wrap it up so the second season feels very hurried.
  • Daaark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daaark polycounter lvl 17
    Watch LOST. You'll get hooked and love every episode, especially since you don't have to wait a week between episodes, which is the best way to do it.
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    notman wrote: »
    Agreed... that guy could pull in a much nicer piece of ass than her... and the character is really a pain in the ass, so I don't know why he'd deal with that ;)
    She's talented and has a very "practical" level of attractiveness -- hot enough to seduce people but not so hot that she stands out everywhere she goes. Being a complete psychopath is a bit of a problem but I can see why he keeps her around.

Lost, Burn Notice, and Weeds are the shows I'm watching right now. All really great.