Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Siamese Triplet 2D

I'm simply working on this drawing to get better....
Peppi had made a siamese twin that I saw in his sketchbook (It's superb) that made me want to make one too :poly124:

so here's what I got sofar
(clothes will be added to suit the enviroment when I figure out where to place him) ... hmm maybe some old sewers
SiameseFine.jpg

comments are great
suggestions are great
critique is okay

Replies

• Carl Brannstrom
    Looks to me that he has two left legs... Or is that a part of the design?

I like the rendering. Really clean.
  • Zcorpion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    corv wrote: »
    Looks to me that he has two left legs... Or is that a part of the design?

I like the rendering. Really clean.

hah yeah.. I missed that :poly136:
    * hmmm should it be part of the design..... *

I'm not sure if I will keep that heh
    funny

anyway yeah I've always been told I have a very clean style, most likely due to the fact that I draw/paint differently than many others (self tought from childhood) not that that is a good thing....

Anyway thnx for the comment

*after some painkillers my neck is much better now!, so back to drawing with me:)*

So... is there anyone that can help me draw some decent hands on this guy? ... *theese guys
    or point me in the right direction?
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    id try to push a little more line weight in your silhouette, showing some nice distribution and weight on the interior, but you could really push the forms, weight distribution, and overall fell a bit more by just playing your line weight to the form.

looks like it will be badass, just suffers currently from looking awesome in the rendered details, but the exterior forms fall apart by being very flat. try adjusting your line weight to give it a more three dimensional feel. Can see you playing with it in some spots, try to push it further!
  • Zcorpion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose wrote: »
    id try to push a little more line weight in your silhouette, showing some nice distribution and weight on the interior, but you could really push the forms, weight distribution, and overall fell a bit more by just playing your line weight to the form.

looks like it will be badass, just suffers currently from looking awesome in the rendered details, but the exterior forms fall apart by being very flat. try adjusting your line weight to give it a more three dimensional feel. Can see you playing with it in some spots, try to push it further!

will do;)
    actually after your reply I started shaping him more with shading, since as you said he was rather flat.

about the lines, you are suggesting thicker lines here and there?
    as in thicker lines to the parts that are closer to the "viewer" and thinner lines around the parts that are further away kinda thing?

anyway thanks alot for your reply:) any help is apreciated

EDIT: Shaping in progress (Crap... I got stuck with the hands....)
    SiameseFine2.jpg
  • Zcorpion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clothing sketch... sofar....
    I actually kinda like it... but then again... I never really make clothes for my "monsters" soooo I'm a little inexperienced

SiameseFine3.jpg

Suggestions are very welcome
    a little suggestion sketch is even better

BTW, he/they reside in the sewers
  • tanka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tanka polycounter lvl 12
    I think the clothing ruins the organic form.. I think it would look alot more grotesque if it was naked.. You could even have some siamese wang flopping around. (maybe the watchmen has got to me :P)
  • Zcorpion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think the clothing ruins the organic form.. I think it would look alot more grotesque if it was naked.. You could even have some siamese wang flopping around. (maybe the watchmen has got to me :P)

Well I don't want him to look like something that just happened, and without clothes they seem more like a creature from doom or quake
    I want it to be apearant that these guys were born that way and has somewhat normal intelligence

(not just screaming running naked around flopping their wang around;) )
    But you are right that the Grotesque level drops with the clothes added
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    your lines are so soft... wow
    i think the upper torso looks great and would benefit from the lower body/waist being slimmer and less 'lumpy'. think about it - they may have several limbs or more nipples or some other (partially) functional but specific under-developed body part, but these mutant waxy lumps look very sticky and demobilizing. i see a lot of mutant-ish models with excessive lumping, where things cannot logically or freely move. you could say 'o well he's a mutant he can barely walk anyway' but where's the fun in that? ;)
  • Zcorpion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun wrote: »
    your lines are so soft... wow
    i think the upper torso looks great and would benefit from the lower body/waist being slimmer and less 'lumpy'. think about it - they may have several limbs or more nipples or some other (partially) functional but specific under-developed body part, but these mutant waxy lumps look very sticky and demobilizing. i see a lot of mutant-ish models with excessive lumping, where things cannot logically or freely move. you could say 'o well he's a mutant he can barely walk anyway' but where's the fun in that? ;)

hmmm well I guess the lump on the inner thigh is rather restricting their movement, and the lump on the leg to the right (the dead end one) is somewhat useless too (it would flop around smacking him when running:P)

*hmm then maybe add a clump foot instead on the right leg to get that "imperfection" right*

*starts on cutting lumps*

EDIT: added picture
    Siameselegs.jpg
    hmmmm I'm not really sure about this.... *takes a break waiting for comments and suggestions*
  • Zcorpion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    no replies? oki dokey
    Il go for a mixed approach, removed 1 lump and added it to the lower right leg;) as well as some sewer crocodile scars!;) oh yeahhh

Siameselegs2.jpg

Lets see
    *"they" lives in the sewers because "they" are not accepted in the "real" world...
    "they" encounter crocodiles in the sewers from time to time as well as alotta cockroaches and rats of course. what else is there to be found?. hmmm should he/they have a pet rat,croc? hmmmm ideas ideas ideas.....*
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    Your dude is leaning slightly to the left. I'd suggest a slight rotate and skew to make him look balanced. Good choice for a master study, peppi is da bomb. One thing to take note from peppi's piece is that he used a pose, standing isn't really a pose. This gives the drawing movement. That will add a lot to a drawing. He's also introduces some creatively involved designs and concepts, be sure to delve in and dream up some interesting ideas to captivate a viewer. The clothes and equipment are believably constructed out of reasonable apocalyptic shit, a sign as a weapon, cloth wraps and large metal spikes. He's even spilled some of it into the background with odd plantlife and suggests the enviroment behind him.

You're doing good with the rendering, this is good practice. Keep up the nice work.
  • Zcorpion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your dude is leaning slightly to the left. I'd suggest a slight rotate and skew to make him look balanced.

ahh yes, thanks:) and fixed!
    Good choice for a master study, peppi is da bomb. One thing to take note from peppi's piece is that he used a pose, standing isn't really a pose. This gives the drawing movement. That will add a lot to a drawing.

Agreed... to bad that I did not make something going on *crap:P I should have chosen my homeless triplet eating canned dogfood:P*
    He's also introduces some creatively involved designs and concepts, be sure to delve in and dream up some interesting ideas to captivate a viewer. The clothes and equipment are believably constructed out of reasonable apocalyptic shit, a sign as a weapon, cloth wraps and large metal spikes. He's even spilled some of it into the background with odd plantlife and suggests the enviroment behind him.

yeah he made an amazingly great piece.. only thing that makes me wonder now is the big metal spikes?!
    anyway matters not.
    You're doing good with the rendering, this is good practice. Keep up the nice work

*a polycounter veteran, heh funny, I've been on polycount the last 7 years under many different names*

Anyway!
    SiameseFine4.jpg
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zcorpion wrote: »
    a polycounter veteran...

It's just based off post count
  • Zcorpion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's just based off post count

oh I know that, I just thought it was funny anyway because Iv'e seen you many times over some of the years:)
    It was not a complaint
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    about the lines, you are suggesting thicker lines here and there?
    as in thicker lines to the parts that are closer to the "viewer" and thinner lines around the parts that are further away kinda thing?

more so thinner than thicker. In your latest image, you're kind of going a bit thicker than i thought it'd go, but it could be a stylistic thing?

You can show and convey a lot more by using less pressure.

in leiu of typing something out, here is a quickie expressionless paint-over example

weightExample.jpg

some other quick-search examples:

Michelangello
    michelangelo_libyan.jpg
    michelangelo100.jpg
    pontormo.jpg

Leo
    medium_davinci.jpg
  • Zcorpion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ahhhh! now that I understand;) eeeexelent:) thnx I'l try it out

EDIT:added pic
    SiameseFine5.jpg

Now I just need to Epicnize him some more.... add those details and stuff that makes the designs found in polycount so amazing.

In other words... I think he is too plain, So I'm going to add some junk he found as armor or whatnot... maybe sone glasses for one of the heads... hmmm

*yeahhh I know I should have thought of that before:P*
  • Zcorpion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    muuch better... imo

SiameseFine6.jpg
    EDIT: 10 hours later... no objections? Exxxelent!
    *swallows two pain killers and two anxiaty pills.. now I'm ready for 3rd round with these guys;)!*
  • Zcorpion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SiameseFine7.jpg
    I will have to add some more "Wasted" look on that nailgun:P
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    While you're playing with the line weight, a common technique with line is to denote gravity and weight in forms, pressure on forms under weight, and thicker in shadows. Love the new accessories.
  • Zcorpion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    While you're playing with the line weight, a common technique with line is to denote gravity and weight in forms, pressure on forms under weight, and thicker in shadows. Love the new accessories.

hmm interesting, do you have an example picture that shows that Line technique in action?

Glad you like the extras BTW:)

also Thanks alot (all) for comments/critique and suggestions:) It is very helpful:)
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here are some exaggerated line weight techniques
    lineshit0.jpg
  • Spug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    wow, some great work going on in here. When I first checked it out I instantly thought...

http://www.carloshuanteart.com/index.html

His artwork is really rad, and I think you would totally gain a lot from looking at his work. (if you haven't already.)
  • Zcorpion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here are some exaggerated line weight techniques
    lineshit0.jpg

Thats so damn cool;) thanks alot man ( I love visual suggestions, and making the example exaggerated, is perfectiomundo! )
    again thnx alot:)
    Spug wrote: »
    wow, some great work going on in here. When I first checked it out I instantly thought...

http://www.carloshuanteart.com/index.html

His artwork is really rad, and I think you would totally gain a lot from looking at his work. (if you haven't already.)

I just went through his entire gallery... it's amazing:D thnx man:)
    *grabs all the art he made for my Inspirational Folder*
  • Zcorpion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I didn't get much done today on these guys:P (Completed Fear (1) for the first time) uhhh that game sure has some first class scares going on :poly122:

But heres what I got done today;).

SiameseFine8.jpg
    I think I added the Line technique pretty good:).
    Got started on the door and the shoulderpad (still working on that tho)

Thnx alot for that suggestion killingpeople, I think I't did alot to him.. Them...
  • Zcorpion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SiameseFine10.jpg
    ahh yes almost complete!:P
    Is it just me or is something wrong with the hand/arm that holds the car door? *hmmm might be the placement /form of the thumb:\*

(dont mind the middle "hand" (It's still under construction)