Home Technical Talk

X-normal - high rez base texture.

ngon master
Offline / Send Message
almighty_gir ngon master
ok, imorting new uv's to a zbrush mesh thoroughly fails, the mesh just explodes everywhere. so i'm left with one option i can think of, and even that doesn't work.

i've got a low rez mesh with a uvw map.

i've uvw mapped the high rez mesh inside zbrush, and applied the polypaint information to texture using that uvw map.

in x-normal, the high rez has that texture applied and looks good.

if i try to bake that down onto the low rez uvw map, it looks like i've just put the old texture file onto the low rez model, it doesn't look like it's re-baked that texture information to the new uvw locations.

if this is how it's supposed to be, then why even bother having the texture bake tool? it seems pretty pointless.

Replies

• Showster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Showster polycounter lvl 18
    Hey Gir not X-Normal advice but to get around the Z-Brush explosion try this....

Export the lowest sub div to .obj

Open that in max / any 3d application. DO NOT convert to poly, modify or adjust any vertex positions. The whole explosion is sometimes down to vertex numbers being incorrect

Unwrap in Max

Export to Z-Brush, in Max 2009 you might (only sometimes :-s) have to knock off 3 optimize boxes on the obj export. This also causes the vertex numbers to be incorrect on some models happened to me recently.

G'luck with it all
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    i'm using max9, and i've tried sooooo many different things to stop the assplosions =/
  • Unleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unleashed polycounter lvl 19
    i know that silo does not reorder vertex order but alot of other programs do
  • Unleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unleashed polycounter lvl 19
    why dont you project all? ie import the new model, append as a subtool, make the old model visible, select the new uv'd model and project all(do it gradually, ie project at level1, then 2 and so on). if the old model has polypainting on, it will project that too(just make sure you turn on polypainting for the new model). then transfer the polypaint to texture and export it :)