Home General Discussion

My Phone repels Jobs

So I just talked to a company about an internship, and my phone decided that today would be the day it wanted to be a piece of crap. Throughout the conversation I had to listen to a nice intense "buzzing" noise, in addition to the voice on the other side fading in and out.

Fine, I can deal with that. Then, roughly 5 minutes later I get a voicemail from the same guy, only I can barely make out the message, and cannot determine if it was from before or after the conversation we had. To top it off? The message has disappeared. Now I have to make an ass out of myself calling this guy back. /end rant

Advice: Don't be like me. Spend some money on a decent phone.

Replies

• Mister Sentient
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mister Sentient polycounter lvl 18
    I agree. Use a landline if possible and sit somewhere quiet where you won't be disturbed. Especially if it is a call from another country. I had an interview on my cellphone and the line was just awful. I could barely make out what was being said and had to keep asking the interviewer to repeat things. On top of that he had an accent that I was not accustomed to. Not a good predicament to be in.
  • Mil0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update: Well apparently it was after our conversation and I got the job! So a lot of worrying for nothing. Still need to upgrade though...
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Been there done that but in my case it was a very high volume on the "line"/"call" and a language i had never experienced in real life before or heard in a very long time.

I´m from the southern part of sweden. Close to denmark. For those that don´t know Danish, Norwegian and Swedish people can understand each other. not 100% at first but after a while yeah. (and norway is quite a bit far so you only really meet danish people here).

But yes. That was interesting. Thought i fucked up royally there a few times ;)

EDIT: Congrats dude. Rawk some sawkz!
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Maybe the phone convinced him that you REALLY need a job, to buy a decent phone ;)

Congrats :)
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hobodactyl polycounter lvl 18
    @notman: :D

Congrats on the internship!
  • Mil0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So not to sound too cheesy, but I have been anxious to make a post thanking the polycount community for all of you inspiration, advice, techniques, so on and so forth. I always pass this site on to friends looking to better themselves as artists and break into the industry. Even though I haven't posted too much in the past, you better believe I have been on here every day browsing through the amazing work posted here. You have torn so many of us "new ones" and I thank you for it.