Home General Discussion

Seattle: Need a Room?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
Yes, once again I am looking for a roomie for the house I live in. The last guy we ended up getting turned out to be hiding he was an alcoholic, and f'ed us over on last months rent and just left. His closet was full of empty alcohol wine, cooler, and vodka bottles. I ended up having to pay his share of the rent for this last month and now possibly this.

Anyhow enough of a rant (just no more none social drinkers allowed).

We are close to I5 and I90 split, so if you work eastside, and do not like the eastside (boooooring) "flavor", we are a possibility.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/roo/965356119.html
Sunny bedroom available in nice home with two men (one straight, one gay). Large, private back yard with covered patio. Room available now.

Room is light, airy, and roomy (158 square feet -13'6"x11'8"), gets morning sun, and has a view over the backyard. Newer creamy-white carpet, with a decently sized closet. Share full bath with one other respectful clean person. In-home high-speed wireless cable network. Some extra storage space available. Home gym available for use. No smoking, no pets. Month-to-month lease.

Great walking neighborhood on west bluff of Beacon Hill. Within 7 blocks: Red Apple grocery store, restaurants & coffee shops, and Bus & Light-Rail routes:

- #36 (to Downtown, Belltown, Queen Anne, Rainier Beach)
- #38 (to Rainier QFC & SODO busway)
- #39 (to SODO busway, Stadiums, Downtown, Belltown, VA Medical Center, Seward Park)
- #60 (to First Hill/Capitol Hill, VA Medical Center, Georgetown)
- Beacon Hill LIGHT-RAIL Station (to downtown & airport) (opening soon)
- Easy vehicle access to I-5 and I-90, downtown, Sodo, Seattle U, and SCCC. Plenty of on-street parking.

A little bit about us: Fairly quiet household – no big parties or loud music to put up with. One is retired, in late 50’s, a classical musician (does not practice at home), pretty mellow. The other is a computer professional and artist in his early 30’s, avid gamer, and easy-going. Both are readers, clean and tidy, and pleasant to be around, but will give you all the privacy you desire. We keep common living areas tidy and clean.

Credit & Background Check required ($38 fee). If you are interested, and you think a credit/background check will not be a problem, please contact us! Your phone number will be helpful.

Due for first month: First and Last month's rent ($495 each), plus damage deposit ($235). (We can arrange for you to pay the Last month's rent in monthly payments, if needed) Utilities are split 3-ways equally (gas heat, electric lights, cable, water/sewer/garbage). This averages $90/mo each, but ranges from a low of $50/mo to a high of $140/mo, depending on the season

Replies