Geezus mod
New updates: http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2096

Looks like I'll have to dust off my knife and wrench! >:]

Replies

• Paul Pepera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul Pepera polycounter lvl 9
    The best part of the update is the spy cloak recharge; finally a spy doesn't have to waste time hiding in corners waiting for his cloak to recharge to jump back into the fight. The new teleports are cool too.
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saidin311 polycounter lvl 11
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    The best part of the update is the spy cloak recharge; finally a spy doesn't have to waste time hiding in corners waiting for his cloak to recharge to jump back into the fight. The new teleports are cool too.

The teleports are the bomb. The game is at a frantic pace right now. I generally only play the payload maps though. Which can be a bit drawn out at times. But the level 3 teleports are amazing for the PL maps. Also makes the spy useful for keeping them in check.

Not a big fan of valve asking the community for 'scout ideas' for the next class update though. Surely the company has ideas, or at least has ideas for the other classes. Seems like a bit of a looming dark cloud if they ran out of ideas only 3 classes into the process.
  • sicsided
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would like a new bat for the scout, one that gives crit hits on the top of heads, since I'm already hopping everywhere. That and anything to deal with sentries when some of my teammates aren't around.
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    Saidin311 wrote: »
    Not a big fan of valve asking the community for 'scout ideas' for the next class update though. Surely the company has ideas, or at least has ideas for the other classes. Seems like a bit of a looming dark cloud if they ran out of ideas only 3 classes into the process.

They did the same for the last update. They said "We're doing the heavy next, so send in your ideas." I think their plan is to get as much feedback as possible even if they already have a bunch of ideas.
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    I dont see how crowdsourcing could ever be a bad thing in this situation?
  • Saidin311
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saidin311 polycounter lvl 11
    kwakkie wrote: »
    I dont see how crowdsourcing could ever be a bad thing in this situation?

I'm not saying its a bad idea. It just sounds so... Desperate.

I also didn't realize that they did that with the Heavy too. So I mean if that's their model then that's fine.

Like I said, this time around just seemed to sound more desperate. They also seem to be picking classes that are rarely used and updating them first. The scout on the other hand isn't popular because he sucks, there's just a few other things that get in the way (popularity of 32 man games being the biggest). The scout is every good players first choice in low player games (because they own). So they're gonna have to be very careful not to make him really powerful.
  • Paul Pepera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like that Valve is outsourcing their idea department to the public; reading the TF2 boards there are already many good ideas being thrown around.

Still waiting for the Spy updates. I remember seeing a hoax update for the spy that had some awesome achievments named after Bond movies.
  • Rob Galanakis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seems like a bit of a looming dark cloud if they ran out of ideas only 3 classes into the process.
    What?
    I also didn't realize that they did that with the Heavy too. So I mean if that's their model then that's fine.
    You obviously didn't realize that (as it was stated on the blog), even though you seem to have a pretty strong view of how Valve designs games.

Like I said, this time around just seemed to sound more desperate.
    Yes you keep saying it but that doesn't mean it makes any more sense. If you weren't awares, Valve just wrapped up Left 4 Dead and many of the TF2 people were polishing its MP for a while (as stated on the blog). The lack of TF2 activity was primarily due to that.
    They also seem to be picking classes that are rarely used and updating them first.
    Yes this is exactly what they set out to do (as stated on the blog). For example where they explicitly state how no one played Medic and how the update succeeded in making the Medic a balanced and more commonly played class.

Beyond basing your opinion on factually incorrect ideas, for the life of me I don't understand how you can think asking the community for ideas is a bad thing. I guess you haven't worked with professional designers or under megapublishers enough...
  • Shroomguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah the new dispensers are amazing! Great for tanking!
  • Paul Pepera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love that an enemy dispenser will recharge your cloak while you're cloaked. :) It's great to camp in an enemy base waiting for the perfect time to strike without worrying about your cloak running out. About time the spy got some love with all of the sapper nurfing that took place.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saidin311 wrote: »
    The teleports are the bomb. The game is at a frantic pace right now. I generally only play the payload maps though. Which can be a bit drawn out at times. But the level 3 teleports are amazing for the PL maps. Also makes the spy useful for keeping them in check.

Valve works on team collaboration so its no big surprise that when the are gearing up for something they gather info from a few sources. I think its more "lets make sure our ideas are the best, because we know we'll hear all about how we should have done it the second we roll it out. If we give them what they want, they are less likely to bitch up a storm..."

I know I'd feel like a huge tit if after working months on something, it gets released and tons of people chime in with much better ideas.
  • MachineMinded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought they'd do Scout or Engineer next and it seems that both are going to get some love. I just hope they won't amp scouts too much, it's already pain to get them down with natascha, if you don't see them coming early on(that -25% damage really hurts against scouts despite the slowdown).
  • MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    to anyone thats been missing out on one of the best mp games out there, Team Fortress 2 is $10 this weekend.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I've been playing a lot of the Arena gametype maps they released with the Heavy update. With this update, it's going to make the Spies even tougher to defeat in those games. If you haven't played Arena_Ravine yet, you should. On second thought, I haven't spent much time playing Spy, so now would be a good time to try.

Over a year has past and I still haven't played all this game has to offer. When I'm doing terrible with one class, and just switch to another and play a whole different game. But I haven't mastered them all. I've enjoyed the Engineer class lately, so this should be a bonus.