Home General Discussion

Oh god, I hate this!

Replies

• Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Vig wrote: »
    ...the stupid shit we distract ourselves with.

sums up this thread succinctly
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    i like those threads where people use any excuse possible to list their PC specs, using as many acronyms and exclusively understood terms as they can manage. Shame this one is nothing like that.
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    WELL! there you have it folks.

values are relative, so a distraction for sectaurs here is self-liberation for me. too bad he doesn't understand that. brings up another good point really --

CAN he understand that yet? maybe it's best to just smile and nod sometimes. yes! haha that's right! you're making great models. keep going, it IS important to be a better artist. (that isn't a joke. by all means... go for it)
  • greenj2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX & John_Warner > I think you're both on the money, in a way. It can help you gain greater perspective to question existance, the universe and all that jazz.

Although if it's giving you a headache, it's also helpful to remember that you are basically a talking monkey on a rock flying through space. So don't feel bad if you don't 'get it', just enjoy the ride.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    lol @ people who take what i write in this thread seriously.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    much as i'd hate to invoke the Great Polycount Spiral of Infinite Chastisement ... but, really, you smug clit
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    this is all so uselessly emo
    go and do something useful instead of sitting around pondering on things nobody can possibly prove in their own lifetime

... you're about 15 years old, right? get it out of the way early, i guess, you'll waste less time later in life.
  • greenj2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    *Gets popcorn* :D
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WhiteEagle wrote: »
    *Gets popcorn* :D

LOL hahahahhaa

i'm writing, i'm writing.. hold up!
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey hey lets not start something against Jonny here. although that *DID* sound like a defense mechanism, maybe he wasn't ready to be jumped on. @Johnny - don't laugh at us for respecting you, that's such a shame. how else are we supposed to take you? do you think that we think you're a clown? if you open up your mouth to speak to me, I'm going to try to understand where you're comming from. if i fail, be kind to me, cuz i'll try and do the same.

WhiteEagle - hey man, i dig that philosophy too. i would say that seeing the whole thing as pointless is just another form of "getting it". i think we've all got to get it ourselves.. and then throw that away, and re-get it. and re-get it. and re-get it. and re-get it. probably forever.

upgrading your worldview can make you a more complex, accepting, understanding person, able to take multiple perspectives and be generally more of a peace bringer. which brings me to MoP

MoP, aside from being a little ignorant, that was a very cruel thing to say. i can't blame you for saying that really, because you don't understand the value of looking into this shit. if you think that's emo, you and i need to meet up face to face and have a beer or something dude, so you can check me for eye makeup. spirituality is NOT about being emo, spirituality is about probing progressively deeper and deeper levels of yourself so that you can do everything better, weather you're laughing, fucking, or crying over loss. here's the bottom line:

this stuff looks emo to you because you haven't yet looked at the foundations of your own values. you make excellent art (really, respect for that) but you don't understand yet that this is just something that you value based on where you are in your life.

in fact, you probably don't give a shit about that last statement because.. well, it doesn't fit into what you want. you don't care about it.. and I wouldn't try and force you to.

in fact, i do believe i've found my way into my own depressing conundrum here.

you see children, MoP here doesn't understand relitivistic thinking enough to be respectful, because he's not ready to be relitivistic yet.. so i can't actually offer him relitivistic advice, because he doesn't care, it's not in his values to do so... and i should be happy that he is who he is.. he's a great artist! i'll bet i could learn a lot from him in that area. BUT, as a result of his more simplistic value system, he feels justified to insult others for having a different value.

so he's wrong to be so disrespectful, but i can't change him. trying to do so is a catch-22.

i guess i shouldn't have said anything in the first place. tear the place down kiddos! hate each other in full confidence that you've got the ultimate opinion. just don't insult the Christians, okay?
  • Joao Sapiro
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    No seriously, he is 15.
    edit: 16. i was close

Also, "not ready to be relativistic"... i assume you're on some sort of heavy medication
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    christ on a bike

john_warner - i'm going to address you on my own level, and by my own values.

Do you know how much of a cunt you sound?
  • greenj2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr wrote: »
    Do you know how much of a cunt you sound?

Is that a Koan? It should be...
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr-

i've been there. lots of fear. but that's okay, lets talk on your values.

figgure this one out.

i'm not afraid of looking like a cunt. i'll look you right in the face and act in that "cuntish" way; the way that if you acted, you'd probably hide in a closet and cry to yourself about. that's because i'm not a little boy, and i don't have the stupid limitations that come from having a tiny ego - i realize that.. well.. i'm not acting like a cunt. and because i've got a bigger set of balls than you do, i get to set the reality.

imagine, being afraid of looking cool. do you have any idea how much of a cunt you sound?
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    a 2 dimensional, non-relativistic mind!
    come on, you must have more that you can add to that. there's depths of convolution yet to be plumbed!
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    oh no, i'm sticking to my guns on this one.

You do though. You really do sound like a terrible, terrible cunt.
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP wrote: »
    a 2 dimensional, non-relativistic mind!
    come on, you must have more that you can add to that. there's depths of convolution yet to be plumbed!

I love the mentality that if you don't understand what someone else says, there must be something wrong with the OTHER person. I know what convoluted philosophy sounds like, i've sat through a lot of it. interesting side note -- i've always gotten something out of it because i was actually interested in listening.

i've got a few friends that are getting a chuckle out of this thread. i guess i must be hanging around with convoluted schizophrenics that somehow understand each other.... or..... maybe not.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Damnit man, you made me snort hot coffee and scalded my sinuses.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18

Ice_cream_cone.jpg
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    oi, stop giving him the plaudits

i'm the great sage of the playground, thankyou very much
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    I don't understand zbrush, but it exists. I don't understand women but they exist. I don't understand, the irs but it exists. I don't understand this thread, but it exists.... I don't understand cars but they exist. If you don't believe it and are dumb enough, step in the middle of the road and I'm sure you'll meet one....
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    I'll buy you a Big Trak*

*not really.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    you couldn't afford anything on your dad's binman wage. You get, like, 20p a year pocket money and you have to use that to buy plasters to cover one side of your specs
  • greenj2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr wrote: »
    oi, stop giving him the plaudits

i'm the great sage of the playground, thankyou very much

It's true, danr gets most of that ice-cream. I get a few soggy chunks of cone and a satisfying mental image of Jackablade's coffee-seared sinus'. :)