Home General Discussion

Little Big Planet

Replies

• SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    loving this atm, got me through a snot filled flu day yesterday with a smile on my face, esp enjoyed chasing my GF around pinning donkey tails all over her until she cryed, dressed in a wedding veil and sunglassses
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    SHEPEIRO wrote: »
    loving this atm, got me through a snot filled flu day yesterday with a smile on my face, esp enjoyed chasing my GF around pinning donkey tails all over her until she cryed, dressed in a wedding veil and sunglassses

Yeah been fun chasing the wife around levels just to get close enough to smack her down. :D
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18

this level has been restored now, but the fact it was removed in the first place is the stupid part.
  • Mezz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    I got to play that level yesterday and it's freaking amazing.

As for the game overall, after a bit of shakiness in my heart from getting over all the hype pressuring me into liking it, I am happy to say we are in a good place and I am quite in love with LBP.
    There is... so much happy fun!! HAPPY FUN! And I never get sick of making new costumes for my lil' sackgal

Oh, while I'm here, and since you guys are mentioning...HOW do you do that smack move where you can hit other players? I couldn't find it saying this anywhere, but I wants to do some whacking! :O
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    l1 + the right stick real quick left to right... iirc
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Ghostscape wrote: »
    Am I the only one who doesn't like this game?

I think everything about it is totally awesome - the art style, the co-op, the creation abilities, the narrator, everything about it is absolutely perfectly polished and fantastic...except the gameplay.

I can't stand the physics-based platforming - I'd rather have something more old-school, where a jump doesn't take into account the exact angle of the ground you're on, etc. The controls seem floaty to me, I dislike the re-start ability because it doesn't reset anything in the level, just your position, so if you want to re-start because you missed jumping on a horse/skateboard/whatever rolling object a level has, you can't.

Having havok controlling everything allows for a lot of intuitive level creation, but I don't think it makes good platforming at all.

I Agree with you.

It's a fun party game with friends over, and we're drunk.

It's also non-gamer girlfriend approved (her and her friends seem to have fun playing coop).

To me it's like the wii.

Fun gimmick game. Fun with company over (especially non-gamers), but loses its appeal pretty quickly. And it's not the kind of game I'd play for hours on end.

oh well, back to Fallout 3
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jox wrote: »
    I Agree with you.

It's a fun party game with friends over, and we're drunk.

It's also non-gamer girlfriend approved (her and her friends seem to have fun playing coop).

To me it's like the wii.

Fun gimmick game. Fun with company over (especially non-gamers), but loses its appeal pretty quickly. And it's not the kind of game I'd play for hours on end.

oh well, back to Fallout 3

I have played with 4 in the living room, by myself, and I have also done some building. All were tons of fun! I can say I am enjoying it!