Home Technical Talk

Maya to Zbrush - See through faces

Im new to Zbrush (I used Mudbox) and am trying to import my first OBJ. I'm modelling an Art Deco esque Column. The problem I'm having when importing is that some of the faces in my model are see through. My model is comprised of many duplicated objects.

ScreenHunter_03Nov121304.jpg

ScreenHunter_04Nov121304.jpg

You can see that some Faces are solid, while others are See through. there are even some objects that are solid on one side... but see through on the other.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Looks like some of the normals are flipped, this may be because you've mirrored objects in Maya so they have negative scale values.

Try doing a Freeze Transforms on all your objects before exporting from Maya, and if that doesn't work then Combine them all together into a single mesh and export that after deleting history on it.
  • CowmasterStudios
    I am Zbrushing my Column piece by piece. The main Column is the part Im working on right now... but am running into a problem. I get a weird line going through the center of my model when creating the Normals. Ive tried creating normals on 2 models and got a line jutting through on each.

This is a pic of my Zbrushing
    1.jpg

This is one of the oddities... the Line through the middle... horizontally
    2.jpg

and now the main problem.. the deformation that appears in the middle and the top and bottom. The Straight horizontal line.

3.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated! thanks :D