Home General Discussion

overgrowth: wolfire games

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
http://www.wolfire.com/overgrowth

saw this today and thought i'd share, i liked the art.

dev blog:
http://blog.wolfire.com/

Replies

• Parnell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Parnell polycounter lvl 18
    Looks like a game for Furries.
    B
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think this used to be called Lugaru 2, if that rings any bells for anyone.
    I hadn't played 1, but always heard good things about it, so I started following the blog for overgrowth. It's obviously furry-like, but if that's reason enough to write it off as a game that's strictly for furries, then you fully deserve to miss out on it.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    It seems unfortunate that the furry subculture has stigmatised all anthropomophised animal related media for the rest of us.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Ninjas is responsible for all that art.

I still have Lugaru installed on my machine. Very fun game. And I am completely biased.
  • Kovac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kovac polycounter lvl 18
    Jackablade wrote: »
    It seems unfortunate that the furry subculture has stigmatised all anthropomophised animal related media for the rest of us.

So true :(

Lugaru was a lot of fun to pick up and play for sure... I remember when L2 was just starting and it's great to see that progress is still truckin on.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't get it, in the game are you human and wear different animal costumes in the hopes of having wild sex at conventions? If no then I don't get where furries enter into it.

I like what they're doing with environments. The comments and hard work going into a shader free pipeline is a really cool approach more places could benefit from, looking at you Crytek...
  • Parnell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Parnell polycounter lvl 18
    I never said this was a game about furries, just said this was a game for Furries.
    Like Lord of the Rings online would probably bring a lot of hardcore larpers.
    Just saying.
    B
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Haha, yeah, that is my stuff. I don't think anyone on the team is a furry, but we have noticed that furries' money is just as green as the next guy's. The game is going to have amazing graphics and gameplay and be super easy to mod, so it should be fun for anybody.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Great stuff, Aubrey. You've really come a long way with your concept work. I'm looking forward to seeing more art for this.

-caseyjones
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LOLOL FURRIES, i'm pretty sure Aubry left 8monkey because he was a furry, true story.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    This game is an amazing game for furries, no doubt.
    First one was great, but I lost it with my other compy, and I loved it.
    This one is shaping up to be quite the game.
  • Rox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rox
    Vig wrote: »
    I don't get it, in the game are you human and wear different animal costumes in the hopes of having wild sex at conventions? If no then I don't get where furries enter into it.

Ahh, the misconceptions. Fursuiting is actually a sub-thing within the whole furry deal, you know. But there's so many facets to it, I don't blame people for mixing it up all the time. The very base of "furry" is, in short, having a strong liking of anthropomorphic characters. That usually evolves into creating them and/or roleplaying as them, which is where most furries the Internet knows of stand. Which in turn MAY, but most often DOESN'T lead into trying to bring those fantasies into real life. Where fantasies don't belong. The word "furry" can also be applied to either humans, or characters. A furry character is anthropomorphic to a certain degree. A furry human is someone that fits the descriptions I wrote above.

So whether Lugaru and sequel, which is still looking fantastic by the way, is furry or not is simply a matter of definition. It is to me, because of anthropomorphic characters. It won't be to others, because it doesn't involve people disturbingly expressing their love for such characters and wishing they existed for real so they could sex them up.

And they finally settled on a name, huh? Last time I checked, they were trying to find a shiny new name that didn't imply it being the second part of something. And they had all kinds of horrible suggestions like "Wolf Killer" and such. I wouldn't play a game named Wolf Killer!
  • Joshua Stubbles
  • achmedthesnake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    achmedthesnake polycounter lvl 17
    ha! just saw this ad on local tv half way through, and i was like wtf?? - they should just cut the car bit out.....better that way
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Rox wrote: »
    Ahh, the misconceptions... etc
    Well... now you know. And knowing is half the battle.