Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Woman (Nekkidness)

etsuja
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
etsuja polycounter lvl 17
Seems like females are the only thing I have the patience to model, hmmm. Here's a woman model I'm workin on for my own game project, I've been working on this forever... kinda, more not working on it. Seem to work on it once in a blue moon. Think I'll have to get some people that really love modeling if I ever want to finish my project.

Trying to keep her somewhat low rez since I want to have a fair amount of people roaming around in the game. Just redid the high rez for the normal map for the body. Still have a little work to do like the hands and feet textures along with fixing seams. I photosourced her body texture and painted her face texture. I'm kinda going for an exagerated look for the whole model.

Let me know what you pros think.

vertices: 1463
tri's: 2760

scrn6rh3.jpg

scrn7nl3.jpg

scrn8ug8.jpg

Replies

• ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    OMG FEED THAT POOR CREATURE!

(or, put 2 tons of scifi armor on her)

I don't know if you were going for realistic or stylized in the proportions. What I can say is, you put a great amount of detail (texture or mesh) into areas like her breasts, pelvis, butt, knees, elbows, etc. But her abdomen and ribcage still appear very unnatural and innaccurate. Which areas of the body will be the most visible in your game?
  • etsuja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX wrote: »
    OMG FEED THAT POOR CREATURE!

(or, put 2 tons of scifi armor on her)

I don't know if you were going for realistic or stylized in the proportions. What I can say is, you put a great amount of detail (texture or mesh) into areas like her breasts, pelvis, butt, knees, elbows, etc. But her abdomen and ribcage still appear very unnatural and innaccurate. Which areas of the body will be the most visible in your game?

What do you think looks unnatural about her abdomen? I am going for a slightly stylized/exagerated look as I said. Since I plan on using the same model for all or most of the females in the game, various parts will be visible at different times. Depends on what the character is wearing.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    etsuja wrote: »
    What do you think looks unnatural about her abdomen?

Proportions, mainly.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3690/kyragracie1ia1.jpg

(If you want a fit character, don't reference models, or bodybuilders -- both are unnatural extremes, and the inviduals usual have weirdass anatomy on top of unusual fitness.

I highly suggest using fighters as reference, especially considering the abilities of most videogames.)
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    lol, that's rough, but fair. she could be that low in body fat, and still be feminine and curvey.

http://www.t-nation.com/figureImages.jsp?pageNo=1
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you said going for style and im guessing by the skewed proportions this is true ( a woman that size would never have arms like that) Id say since your not going for photo real upload a refrence, if you want mor comic book proportions ( which your closer to than real life, widen her upper ribcage and her thighs and it will look pretty decent for the style. the ribcage is a big deal tho even more so because she is thin. refrence comic art tho for the style its what this reminds me of.

PS. Todd McFarlane does amazing females and while the anatomy is far from realistic, the style makes it forgiveable.

-Woog
  • etsuja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    woogity wrote: »
    you said going for style and im guessing by the skewed proportions this is true ( a woman that size would never have arms like that) Id say since your not going for photo real upload a refrence, if you want mor comic book proportions ( which your closer to than real life, widen her upper ribcage and her thighs and it will look pretty decent for the style. the ribcage is a big deal tho even more so because she is thin. refrence comic art tho for the style its what this reminds me of.

PS. Todd McFarlane does amazing females and while the anatomy is far from realistic, the style makes it forgiveable.

-Woog

You're right, I was going for more of a comic book look but I didn't really use a solid reference, mostly did it from memory.

I nudged the proportions a little bit:
    scrn9lx6.jpg

I was thinking of redoing the skin too to give her a more comic look.
  • imb3nt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    imb3nt polycounter lvl 14
    belly button seems a little low...

otherwise i like the style.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Improved, keep pushing. Shoulders and ribs should be wider.