Home General Discussion

points for McCain

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/us_elections_2008/7665780.stm

i'm so glad he corrected these ignorant fanatics! hopefully this will be covered on fox news. big points from me. that was very responsible of him. if Obama was to be elected, the last thing we needed was half the country to genuinely fear and hate the president, or the other way around, if McCain won, we'd hate him for stirring up his faggot and nigger hating angry mob of maddness, good on you McCain you were literary the only person in the world that could have told those dumb mother fuckers to shut their mouths.

Replies

• JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Agreed 110%, even though I may not like his general ideas, I still like him as a person, and when he stood up for Obama, that basically seals it for me, good guy :)

BAAWRRAAAAKK HHUUUUUUUSSAANNNNEE OBBAAAAOOMMMAAAA
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the crazy lady's hair in the video is priceless! she is so god damned crazy.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not sure Fox news will give this much attention they'll probably treat it like troopergate and try to put a positive spin on it. He can't be a hero for calming the frenzy he created. Sadly the whole thing reminds me of Syndrome from the Incredibles, heh... I'm such a pixar dork.

I had really thought America wasn't as bigoted as what we've seen over the last few days, but sadly its jut my little slice of the world...
  • Microneezia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Microneezia polycounter lvl 10
    I dont see how you can give the man extra points for correcting someone who is fear mongering, ignorant and lying, its well known her claims are totally false. He HAD to correct her in order to stay even keel.

zero points for correcting her
    -10 points for bringing his supporters into this fear/paranoia mindset to begin with.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Well, it is very respectable of McCain to stand up and explain to his die hard supporters that they are all old minded fearful easily misguided idiots. That definitely shows wisdom and honestly on his part, at least.

Still, there is much to be said about his supporters, and Palin, who has done her fair share of fear mongering and denial for his campaign. And she was his choice. His.

Until his campaign openly states, and on FOX news, that all this linking to Ayers and terrorism is fear mongering bullshit. No points for anyone. Until Palin cooperates with the investigation into her abuse of power. No points.

I am shocked to watch that video. McCain tells his supporters to respect Obama as a decent man, and they boo him. He hands the mic to an elderly lady, who tells the audience that Obama is an Arab. Wtf? In the other thread, you have a video of Republican supporters calling Democrats "commie faggots". This is some seriously unbelievable shit going on. It's hate. And it needs to be put to rest.

The US is a melting pot of many cultures, religions, and ancestors. We are a country that needs allies. No more Cold War flashbacks. No more lazy use of the word "terrorists" without investigation. No more ignorance towards what the future holds for us. We need leadership that unites.

We do not want another 4 - 8 years of buzzwords and scare tactics. No more abuse of power. Accountability.
  • Microneezia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The "hilarious" part in all this, is that the worst of the worst people, the ignorant, the scared mainly, the belligerent, biggoted and hateful, those are the ones that stand to loose the most if Mccain gets in IMO.

Those are the ones that will see more of their factory jobs fly overseas, those are the ones that will pay more and more for oil as long as literally possible, they will most likely go bankrupt if any medical condition afflicts them for longer than an hour, they will fight happily in a plethora of wars, and the ones that do make it back will come home to a debt riddled country only to watch mccain vote against veterans again and again, ill stop, but there is much more...

ya sure his words and attitude are respectable, but you judge a man by his actions not his words, and if you actually look at his track record, his actions are just as despicable as someone yelling "terrorist" about someone they dont know. He hurts people that he knows are decent people.
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Ha ha ha we'll I don't support his views as stated before, but it does show that he is human... which is really refreshing to see.

Long lives the humanz!
  • Cody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cody polycounter lvl 15
    anyone read the rolling stone article on him? biased, yes, but interesting facts and a good read either way.
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    you guys are forgetting to mention that he's only been apologizing since the media got on him about it. i'd say it's pretty much him just trying to do this now to perhaps make some last minute appeals to the undecided, and that's better at least than complacency and letting them yell "lynch the nigger" etc.
  • Microneezia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i say let them yell lynch tha nigger, if thats what you stand for as a candidate, definitely dont stiffle anyones true beliefs. I would give Mccain points for standing true to his ideals his morals if he did. If america wants a "lynch the nigger" society, then let them have it. If not, stand down or be removed accordingly.

Dont scare and confuse a bunch of people into thinking false ideas, then come off like a moral super hero cause you corrected a ridiculous rant from a lady who just stepped off the porch of a thousand possums.

this is a clear wash to make mccain look better morally. His sinister ideals against the majority of the Pollitically-Correct-Middle-Class (who by the way are also repugnant) makes them nausious and hes trying to clean up a sterotype against him probably. That video isnt from camera phone from someone in the audience...

I dont really think obama is going to solve anything either tho, that person in the audience is the problem. The fact that people dont take even an hour to look up or read anything from their own sources is the problem. If everyone did that neither obama nor mccain would be in the running.

bah, im canadian what do i care anyway. im just tired of pulling UV's i guess....
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hobodactyl polycounter lvl 18
    Microneezia: You, sir, are 100% correct. Glad I got a job in Canada :D
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    omg you guys are just as crazy as the GOP mob. no credit? none? okay...

so this is good, Microneezia said:
    "-10 points for bringing his supporters into this fear/paranoia mindset to begin with."

lets go with that! all i'm saying is +5 to mccain for demanding everyone to be respectful, that politics should be conducted in that way, reiterating obama is a decent person, and that all that should be looked at are their fundamental differences. how about calling out the other shit his wife and palin have spouted out another +5? how about 1 point you stingy bastards?

all i'm saying is, who cares about his motives. openly saying that, pressure or not, is a good thing. saying that, hopefully, decreased the chances of obama, if elected president, being assassinated by 20%, hopefully more, i'm just pulling this number out of my ass, but damn you guys are being pretty stubborn.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Nah, I give him props for sure. Very good thing of him to say.

I'm amazed at the ignorance and uneducated opinions of his followers supporters, sheesh. Obama's an Arab? tfw
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    Talking Politics on polycount, is like talking Politics on a Message Board dedicated to video game art. No wait...
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh wrote: »
    Talking Politics on polycount, is like talking Politics on a Message Board dedicated to video game art. No wait...

you get +5 points.

*eats his mashed peas*
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    What points? He gets no points,its his campaign that started to rile up their supporters. They are the ones who had Palin say he was palling around with terrorist,that he was "different than you and me as Americans" as well as having a few of his surrogates on stage refer to Obama as Barrack Hussein Obama.

I think it went overboard and the loonies came out the woodwork and embaressed him during rallies and this correction your giving him points for is so the independent voters wont be scared away.
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you make a good point. i'm just relieved he said something, he didn't have to.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    I thought that this was interesting and relevant:
    William F Buckley was the unchallenged intellectual leader of the conservative movement for half a century. He paved the way for Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan. He was brilliant, witty, and charming. He founded the National Review and made it the mouthpiece of the right. He wrote over 50 books defining what conservatism means. He hosted over 1000 television programs. He was also immensely proud of his only child, Christopher. Buckley Sr. died in February. Maybe it is just as well because he would not have enjoyed seeing his son, who never voted for a Democrat in his entire life, endorse. Barack Obama, as he just did. The younger Buckley has known McCain personally for over 25 years and until this campaign, admired him greatly as being authentic. However, the campaign changed McCain. He is no longer authentic. He basically sold his soul to become President. Intellectuals like the Buckleys think that if you are going to sell your soul, you better get something a lot better than the presidency for it.
    - http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2008/Pres/Maps/Oct12.html

I think giving him points for finally addressing this fear and hate mongering in his campaign is a bit like commending a former deadbeat dad for paying child support; it's something he should have been doing in the first place. He and Palin stirred up the hornets nest of their most radical supporters in the first place. It's good he finally decided to take a stand, but he and his running mate's "shit talk express" never should have been making such irresponsible and hateful allegations in the first place.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    To give McCain credit, people in general get very xenophobic and irrational in times of crisis, they also start to cling to a savior, religious or political. McCain may have lit the match but he seriously under estimated the pool of gas. You do have to give him some props for at least trying to stop other people from pouring more gas on the problem, but really the McCain we've seen over the last few weeks isn't the same McCain I thought I knew all along, very damaging and I was on the fence but this "selling of his soul" BS really puts a bad taste in my mouth. Especially when it starts to sound more and more like Bush. His VP is pretty much a Bush clone, and now he's sounding less and less like McCain =/

I have to wonder how crazy the right would seem if the economy wasn't in the toilet and we didn't have two wars going on? Would people really be calling Obama such things?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    What I give him a couple bonus points for is actually grabbing the mic away from her. I agree with him losing points for starting the hate in the first place.
    The country loses 100 points for allowing inbreeding to continue.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    This thread loses points for letting outsiders distribute points freely.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    If the Republicans could split ties with some of the ignorant religious extremists in this country (including his joke of a running mate), that would earn them extra points in my book. But simply telling one moron shes wrong isn't going to cut it.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    is more points better, or is it like golf and darts. I'm confused
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    more is better... If you get 150 points, you can turn them in for a stuffed giraffe made in Singapore. For 500 points you can get a giant inflatable baseball bat, and 1000 points gets your the american presidency.
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    that's right, american politics is exactly like chuck e. cheese.
  • snake85027
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snake85027 polycounter lvl 18
    politicians are all controlled by someone to bad it isn't the American people! Doesn't matter who wins.
  • Peris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Peris polycounter lvl 17
    you mean the reptilians?
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    Cody wrote: »
    anyone read the rolling stone article on him? biased, yes, but interesting facts and a good read either way.

yes that was a bloody good read!

check this:

http://www.economist.com/vote2008/index.cfm
  • AstroZombie
  • ElysiumGX
  • Jonathan
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I hear he was actually from Vietnam and tortured McCain. I also hear he openly eats babies before every vote...

On a serious note, whats with McCain being born in Panama? I had no idea? Maybe he's an Arab terrorist... Do you know how many cargo containers full of Arab terrorists go thru the panama canal every hour!?
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, McCain was born in Panama, and due to a law that was created a year after his birth, was considered a US citizen. If elected, he would be the first President not born within the 50 States. I did hear something about him spending a lot of time in Vietnam as well.

Jonathan, you are an amazing human being.

It's funny when you think about it. Obama was born in Hawaii only a couple years after it was admitted to the Union. Palin's family moved to Alaska when she was an infant, only a few years after it became a State. What ever happened to the good ol' days when the President came from the West of Texas (Connecticut)?

In the end, what does it matter?
  • Jonathan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What does it matter?

It's just that we're all looking forward to the day when the elections will be over and PC will go from being Politics-Central to PolyCount once again (though these threads have been fun :) ).

:D
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Did anyone else watch this?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/choice2008/

Rather good look at them as people and how they got where they are. They are both great leaders and would both make a great president. I just don't trust him after watching the sudden change in opinions about his policy's. I'm would hope that once in office he would return back to who he really is but i'm not sure his party would let him. We as Americans can't take that chance too much is at stake.

As for the video, i wonder if that info has even gotten to Obama. This is a last ditch effort to try and sway voters with off the wall shit. My guess is that they do know and want to time answering this at the best time. That and make sure that releasing the info won't open any more doors for them to find other ridiculous bullshit to bring up.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Thegodzero wrote: »
    Did anyone else watch this?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/choice2008/

Rather good look at them as people and how they got where they are. They are both great leaders and would both make a great president. I just don't trust him after watching the sudden change in opinions about his policy's. I'm would hope that once in office he would return back to who he really is but i'm not sure his party would let him. We as Americans can't take that chance too much is at stake.

As for the video, i wonder if that info has even gotten to Obama. This is a last ditch effort to try and sway voters with off the wall shit. My guess is that they do know and want to time answering this at the best time. That and make sure that releasing the info won't open any more doors for them to find other ridiculous bullshit to bring up.

If McCain was like the McCain of 2000 i think this race would be closer and i would not believe that defeating him in this election would be so important. But we are coming off 8 years of horrendous Bush/GOP rule and being a Republican is to be politically radioactive.

The problem McCain has is that for starters he is Republican and that by default ties him at the hip to Bush. Problem number two is that to win he has to appeal to the GOP base,alot of that base is the 23% of Americans who actually still think Bush is doing a fine job. So he is in a catch 22 situation,he has to distance himself from Bush to appeal to independent voters ,but he also cant shit on him because that will turn off that part of the GOP base that still believes Bush shits rainbows.

I think McCain had a choice,either go with the GOP base to win the election or to try to win over independents. He was not going to be able to get the support from both. But in fact he tried to apeal to both and it did not work. About a week before Palin was announced as the McCain campaign threw out the idea of picking a canidate with pro choice views(my guess it was going to be Joe Leiberman) and the evangelicals who are a big part of that GOP base went apeshit and basically said they would rebel against McCain. So i think the reason Sarah Palin was chosen was to gain the support of the religous right portion of the GOP base (which he certainly did) and to win over angry Hillary supporters because she was a woman. But any chance of large portions of Hillary supporters going with McCain went down the drain when women got to know her and her extreme conservative views.

After getting to know Palin ,it has hurt McCain with the independent voters and all he has left is the GOP base,hence all of the pandering and mean rhetoric. But this election it does not look the GOP is strong enough to win with just its base.

I think if McCain chose a more qualified canidate to run as VP the polls would be different but he had to be a maverick and take a risk and its backfired on him.

I think Sarah Palin this the visual symbol of everything that has been wrong with the GOP in the Bush years and why its so important to get out of office this generation of Bush era Republicans.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The thing that no one else has mentioned is how McCain fathered an illegitimate BLACK child and that his wife is a drug addict. Do we really want a drug addict as a first lady?

Jonathan
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    The thing that no one else has mentioned is how McCain fathered an illegitimate BLACK child and that his wife is a drug addict. Do we really want a drug addict as a first lady?

Lol we already had a first lady addict, Betty Ford wife of Gerald Ford.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, but have we had a president who fathered an illegitimate BLACK child?

Oh wait ... we probably had a few between Washington and Lincoln, never mind ...
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Yes, but have we had a president who fathered an illegitimate BLACK child?

Oh wait ... we probably had a few between Washington and Lincoln, never mind ...

Thomas Jefferson did.

Although we havent had both at the same time :)
  • Jonathan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Jonathan

LOL, you're bringing up the adopted child as a "love child" which has already been debunked. Secondly, if you watch the video posted above, the "factcheck" issues is addressed. Come to your own conclusions about said video, of course. Regarding his wife, she had drug issues, but she is also a very philanthropic person, so perhaps she is an example of overcoming problems in life and helping others.

;)
    Incensed,[134] McCain ran ads accusing Bush of lying and comparing the governor to Bill Clinton, which Bush said was "about as low a blow as you can give in a Republican primary".[120] An anonymous smear campaign began against McCain, delivered by push polls, faxes, e-mails, flyers, and audience plants.[120][136] The smears claimed that McCain had fathered a black child out of wedlock (the McCains' dark-skinned daughter was adopted from Bangladesh), that his wife Cindy was a drug addict, that he was a homosexual, and that he was a "Manchurian Candidate" who was either a traitor or mentally unstable from his North Vietnam POW days.[120][130] The Bush campaign strongly denied any involvement with the attacks.[130]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jonathan wrote: »
    LOL, you're bringing up the adopted child as a "love child" which has already been debunked. Secondly, if you watch the video posted above, the "factcheck" issues is addressed. Come to your own conclusions about said video, of course. Regarding his wife, she had drug issues, but she is also a very philanthropic person, so perhaps she is an example of overcoming problems in life and helping others.

Yea, I was joking and I know it was all bullshit that the Bush campaign used against McCain in 2000. I lost a LOT of respect for McCain after he stood up and stumped for Bush in 2004 considering all of the really horrible shit they tried to use against McCain in the 2000 primaries. Like many on both sides of the fence are saying, McCain has "sold his soul" to try and become President.

As for factcheck.org, have you actually been to and browsed around the site? It appears to be awfully non-partisan to me, citing misleads and half-truths in both campaigns (the website can't help it if most of them happen to come from one side as opposed to the other).

Either way, the video is a moot point. Those who are against Obama and already want to believe those lies will. I doubt this obvious attempt to further smear Obama will be of any help to the McCain campaign among independents and definitely will not gain them any ground with Obama's supporters.

Nice try, Jonathan.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Jonathan

No one bothers to hit McCain at home like he's doing to Obama, mostly because hes so weak on the issues. Which ironically is the reason he is on the attack. Anything he can do to keep people from talking about what matters is a point for McCain, including bringing in a total tit of a running mate and scaring old vets into voting for him. He's pulling the crap bush pulled on him, keep em scared and keep em guessing but don't let them think about it for long.

McCain fact # 2987: Americas #1 import in 2007 was terrorists named Obama and Osama. Discuss. They're hiding everywhere. When was the last time you checked your trunk for explosives, or the stall next to you for a Arab assassin?

Remember, if its brown vote it down.
  • AstroZombie
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Played with that a bit lastnight. I love the one window that when its opened it has the noise from the people that you can shuttup by quickly closing the window. Made me chuckle.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    omg i shot the baby deer! :(