Home General Discussion

Castle Crashers

Replies

• adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    flaagan wrote: »
    I got a good ways in over the past few days, brought my hdd home and hooked it up... and now all my progress is gone... wtf. It still says my level is 16, but nothing I unlocked is available.

Did you unlock it in a solo game or online in MP?
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    All my gameplay's been solo play. It's happened three times now, so I've easily lost 6-8 hours of gameplay.
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    Check out the official xbox forums for more info. Lots of posts regarding deletion problems and connection issues.
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    Missed Marine the other night :( really wanted to try that online...very cool game
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I like the white knight's bomb throw > using magic while jumping, I haven't upgraded anyone elses magic that high so I don't know how it compares.
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    the red can throw his sparks too while jumping (updated to the second step) kinda like akumas jump fireballs
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nitz.. tried the suggested fixes for the saves from the xbox.com forum, no dice. I'm amazed that QA didn't catch this, especially for a game marketed as being a multiplayer setup.

That being said, unless this is patched I fear Castle Crashers is gonna get relegated to the growing list of xbla games that I never touch anymore, which sucks cause I was having an absolute blast with it. :(
  • Armanguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Armanguy polycounter lvl 17
    if anyone wants to play on extreme mode hit me up on live :D
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gotta admit I liked the rank 3 ice powers. Raining down three of those freezing shards from the air a couple times in a row does wonders for slowing down how hectic the gameplay can get, especially when playing against those friggin arrow-shooting theives.... DAMN YOU THEIVES!
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan: The fixes don't work for everyone sadly. This is just a major problem that they will ideally have patched soon. Hopefully the devs are on it and not seen idling about PAX, sipping on a tasty beverage.

I'd like to go back in and play the game online now that I've beaten the main game, but I'm afraid of a random deletion.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nitz.. worst part, I haven't even played MP on it yet, I was just blastin through the SP to really get a handle on the game.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    alright i'm bored as shit tonight, was gonna draw but i REALLY wanna play CC but I don't want to play alone - who's up for a game NOW? comeee onnn. my GT is sc00t420
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    vahl wrote: »
    Missed Marine the other night :( really wanted to try that online...very cool game
    didn't miss much, it booted ysg and me when we got to the barbarian boss, was fun while it lasted though
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    Played the demo tonight. Was really impressed. Lots of visual style (cute, fun AND disturbing all in one!) and good ol' hack-n-slash. :)

Will buy... in a few weeks after it is patched. Man.. Someone dropped the ball on those bugs.. O.O
  • Armanguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I tested the network out to see what the ideal playing conditions are so if anyone is interested here it goes:

you have to make a 3 player game with 2 private slots then invite your friends after you do that it doesn't crash at all :)
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Armanguy wrote: »
    you have to make a 3 player game with 2 private slots then invite your friends after you do that it doesn't crash at all :)

hate to say this, but you got lucky methinks, however I've usually played with 2 people and it set to a 3 or 4 player game..

I'll invite my friends who all have open NAT settings and we'll play lag free for 1-2 levels, then, randomly, always at the end of a level, it will just bring us back to the main menu and reset whatever we earned on that last level. It's annoying as fuck.

everything else about this game is dare I say near perfection, once they iron out the online details, so we can play how it was most likely meant to be played (with others!) It's going to be an awesome experience.

I've yet to get a chance to play with more than 2.. as fun as it is, I'm curious as hell what four players is like.

still, I recommend anyone to buy this immediately.
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Online hiccups aside, this is apparently a fix for lost data that is working:

http://forums.xbox.com/22420728/ShowPost.aspx
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff wrote: »
    Online hiccups aside, this is apparently a fix for lost data that is working:

http://forums.xbox.com/22420728/ShowPost.aspx

That was the first one I tried. :(
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Yesterday i completed the forest entrance but today when i started i had to redo it, my character seemed fine.
    Wonky saves are a good way to kill a brilliant game.
  • greenj2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bought it last night. Cool single player, but I've yet to be able to connect to a multiplayer game. :(
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    after playing a little Solo insane mode... its clear that isnt meant to be played solo :) Seems like it is tuned for 4 people, tried it with 2, and some of the bosses took 10 minutes to kill (ack!). Ended up figuring out an easier way to kill the catfish boss though, since it was taking aaaggeeesssss. I could play solo up to the troll boss at level 45ish, but it got really, really hard. Could beat it pretty easy w/ one other, but we had to be stocked on potions before doing the level.

We got to the Wedding Crash level, but ironically the level would crash us out to the map every time. sucks too, we could have beaten it.

I havent had any problems other than that oddity so far... my only gripe is that the people in your group's weapons and animals are not available to you. I can understand the animals, but not weapons... they should totally let everyone share :(

let it also be known: xp farming w/ giraffe on the Insane difficulty troll boss is over powered :) went from 48 to 60 in two hours or so. was getting 2-3 levels per kill.

still cant fucking beat the peasant arena!!!! its driving me insane. Almost got it... just need to go farm more money up to buy more potions :( I want to level that character! Ive maxed all my stats but agility, i think i may need to crank that up so they stop being cheap bastards w/ arrows.

If anyone wants to do some 4 player Insane, let me know!!! (Red Knight)
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    i beat the peasant arena... but no super green guy w/ cool thorn effects :(:(
  • man_o_mule
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    man_o_mule polycounter lvl 18
    if i remember correctly the save game bug was around in alien hominid HD when it first came out as well. I've seen quite a few other bugs too. I have yet to be able to get ANY online game working. I've also seen a few monsters get bugged out which caused me to have to restart some levels. not really major, but annoying. nothing crazy beyond that though.

had a blast today zipping through the game in like 5 hours with my girlfriend and her little brother. was surprised that we only made it to lvl 20 before we beat it and i'm at lvl 41 single player and still can't beat the game.

I'm guessing these bugs will be addressed shortly once everyone at The Behemoth gets back from PAX.

on a side note I actually won this contest: http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/08/27/fanswag-play-castle-crashers-with-the-behemoth/ Which is awesome. Dan Paladin is currently my hero and has inspired me to start learning flash and do some 2D animation. Will be really cool to talk to him while playing the game.
  • achmedthesnake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    achmedthesnake polycounter lvl 17
    god damn it!!!! awesome game

console hippies - i'd pay my left testicle for a copy to work on a pc platform :(
  • man_o_mule
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    it would rock if they ported it to steam, but i think keyboard/mouse control would suck on a game like this.....luckily xbox 360 controllers work on a PC.
  • Eclipse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eclipse polycounter lvl 18
    moose wrote: »
    i beat the peasant arena... but no super green guy w/ cool thorn effects :(:(

Really?!?! What did they give you instead? This and the snow area are pretty tough for me, but i think I can get them with a little grinding :P.

Man, I knew I should have bought a set of those figures on Wednesday! They are sold out now and going for like 2x the price on ebay.....arrrrgh

Oh, and congrats Man_O_Mule, that figure looks sweet. I never met dan, but I have met Tom Fulp once, he is really cool, I'm sure Dan will be the same. Plus his art is awesome!
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How do you open the insane mode? I have completed the game, have all the items yet there is no path to insane cave.
    Is it because im only level 23? Or because i did it with my brother on coop but we didnt do everything at the same time and then the game doesnt know what happened?
    Cause after completing it we didnt get any new characters.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Eclipse wrote: »
    Really?!?! What did they give you instead? This and the snow area are pretty tough for me, but i think I can get them with a little grinding :P.

you unlock a peasant, another arrow shooting guy :(
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And if you beat the game with that peasant you get.... another peasant (only w/out a hood)!
  • Eclipse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up! I finally got all the animal orbs! Took a while to hunt them down :P.

Also I found out to get the Green Forest Knight you need to beat the game with the Thief. Toomas, I'm not sure really. My wife and I just played it straight through and it unlocked it for us. It could be because you're brother did not beat the game. Or maybe it just doesn't allow single player insane mode. I can't beat the game yet by myself and I am around 50, so I don't think they would even want to let me try insane :P.

How did you and your brother play? Have you both played every level in the game? It might be if your brother skipped out on a few levels, or you did, that it didn't register as you both beating the full game, and therefore not unlock it...but that's just a guess.
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    Insane opens after you beat the game the path is straight down from the barbarian boss level. there is no visible path, but if there is a circle in front of the cave, it is unlocked.

and the last 4 bosses should be insanely easy if you have maxed magic. Just rapidfire splashdamage them.
    The final boss you just need to jump and aircombo sometimes.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Vailias wrote: »

and the last 4 bosses should be insanely easy if you have maxed magic. Just rapidfire splashdamage them.
    The final boss you just need to jump and aircombo sometimes.

yea, this. I was max magic green knight level 27.. the final level aside from the first few dudes was extremely easy.
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Went ahead and bought it. Four player multi is super fun though I get lost a lot on where I am.

Currently a level 13 Blue Knight, all magic... I feel so week compared to my friends who went all or mostly physical.. They can already conquer the first two areans where I cant get past the first. :(
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Eclipse wrote: »

Also I found out to get the Green Forest Knight you need to beat the game with the Thief.

SWEET!!!! the theif was the next guy i was going to beat the game with :) he's already 30 and dangerous! i was afraid the forest knight guy wasnt playable, since there never are "big chunky sandwich" versions of them in the game.

snemmy, i was doing that too w/ my orange guy. He was weaksauce :( started pumping up strength and started liking it more. With my Red dude, I powered str to max, then worked magic.... and the game got a lot more fun when my magic didn't suck. Think its a balance :)
  • Armanguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    anyone a 99 yet ? my red knight is 99 and im looking for more people to beat the game on insane difficulty :)
  • Eclipse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm in the 85 range, but with a red knight myself.

I don't hear any agility love, that stat is cray when maxed out. You move SO fast and those arrows are deadly :). Also I'm curious if everyone still loves the ram? When I'm not XP farming I gotta say, Hawkster is the best! Not only does he attack downed enemies, but he turns them into fruit! So awesome, I love him so :P.
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I only took agility with my barbarian untill it was maxed, great arrow fun.
    And managed to unlock insane too, had to solo the final boss.
    A lot of fun so far, imo one of the best bang for buck games ever.
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Found one bug that ended our 4 player session last night/this morning. When I had the kitty that helps you jump high, whenever we went into a shop, if I tried to buy something the system would freeze. Happened twice in the Lava Shop. :(

Can't wait for some character/weapon/pet expansions. :3
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    ive got a 99 red knight :P beat the game with the theif and got the super sweet forest knight! wewt!

I primarily use the chicken, elephant, or beholder if im not farming xp.
  • man_o_mule
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    just read an interview with teh CC devs. Apparently they didn't run into any connectivity issues durring testing and microsoft approved there networking code. But they are already working on a patch but are nto sure how soon it will get released.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn you all!

::goes off and blows some shit up in mercenaries::
  • man_o_mule
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "For those of you who are experiencing online issues, saving issues, etc I want to assure you that we are all very hard at work at getting an update to the game out as fast as we can."

http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm *eagerly* awaiting that, man_o_mule. That way I can actually get some enjoyment from my investment! :P