Home General Discussion

Terminator: Salvation

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Lord McMutton polycounter lvl 17
http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/terminatorsalvation/

Not much to say, other than it's being directed by McG.

Replies

• Ajax
    Offline / Send Message
    Ajax polycounter lvl 18
    The trailer for T3 kind of turned me off, never ended up seeing it (except in parts). I'm a huge T fan too. This teaser, well it kind of piqued my interest actually.
  • SouL
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    Christian Bale FTW.
    I hope it turns out good.
  • RazorBladder
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    Personally, I think Christian Bale is taking a huge risk with this one as I've grown to view him as the younger generation's equivalent to De Niro with films like The Machinist, American Psycho & The Prestige under his belt.

However on that same token, perhaps his performance as Connor (who I've always hated as a character in the past) could be what allows this franchise to bow out gracefully rather than crash and burn as it has been with T3 and that god awful series.
  • Neo_God
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    I think I'll enjoy it. Because this is the film I've been waiting for since seeing the beginning of the original Terminator.
  • bounchfx
    I thought t3 was great. tons of action and a sweet ass ending.

looking forward to salvation, christian bale is on a roll right now.
  • TWilson
    Offline / Send Message
    TWilson polycounter lvl 18
    I hope its better than the last couple additions to the series.

Looks good though.
  • pior
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Haha what an horrible trailer!
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    pior wrote: »
    Haha what an horrible trailer!
    Agreed! It didn't feel like I just saw a teaser to the film, it was more like I had a corrupted download of an actual trailer.
    However, I'm a huge Bale and Terminator fan, so I'll definitely enjoy this movie (or so I hope).

-caseyjones
  • Mister Sentient
    Offline / Send Message
    Mister Sentient polycounter lvl 18
    Is this really the guy they want handling the next Terminator film?

"His films (as director) include Charlie's Angels, Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle and We Are Marshall. His television series include Fastlane, The O.C., Supernatural, Chuck and Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search For the Next Doll."

Nothing to see here. Move along.

"...He is also due to start work on an American version of Spaced, but without the consent or contribution of the original makers Simon Pegg, Edgar Wright or Jessica Stevenson; it will follow the same basic concept of the English version, but has been derided by fans of the original series for this lack of involvement from the creators."

What is the point? Is the English series so obtuse that American audiences can't grasp it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McG
  • Slum
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    I'm curious to see what happens here. This guy's resume is filled with music videos for Sugar Ray, Barenaked Ladies, Fastball, and the Charlies Angels remakes...

Somebody should ask teletubbies creator Andrew Davenport to direct the next Star Trek film.

Seriously though, I'm optimistic, as Bale has a solid track record in not choosing shitty movies. Even some of his less-than-successful films (Rescue Dawn, anyone?) were still good on their own merits.
  • snemmy
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    Ugh.. didn't know it was directed by the Charlie's Angels guy... I just lost 25% interest in seeing it. (Haven't seen We Are Marshall, even though I live pretty close to Marshall.)
  • Sage
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    I just hope it better than the last one. Why doesn't James Cameron direct this? That trailer blows!!!

Alex
  • Asherr
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    because James Cameron finished telling the Terminator story with T2. Arnold only did T3 because Cameron told him to do it and get the paycheck.
  • Sage
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    So Warner Bros made the future be crap with the 3rd movie. :D The rise of the machine was rather in the 3rd movie was sooo.....Now who is going to save us from this. Seems interesting maybe it will be better than the last one because if it isn't, damn it takes a lot of talent to be that BAD!
  • bounchfx
    snemmy wrote: »
    Ugh.. didn't know it was directed by the Charlie's Angels guy... I just lost 25% interest in seeing it. (Haven't seen We Are Marshall, even though I live pretty close to Marshall.)

ouch, agreed.. wtf :\
  • Stubbs
    Offline / Send Message
    Stubbs polycounter lvl 17
    The trailer itself wasn't that cool, but I liked that it didn't reveal much. It makes me somewhat curious about it. Christian Bale seems like he would make a great John Connor. It will never be better than T2 but I think it will be better than T3.