Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My first post here!

Hey all! I'm new to polycount, i've been a GA.org member for a while... and as great as that site is.. i feel like its a bit "large" for personal critique and heavily spamed with similar work. anywho! this is a character i've almost got completed. my real question is if anyone can tell me whats going on with my gif? it doesn't loop seamlessly... why?:poly134:

j6pt2h.jpg

10gcugz.jpg

2ptbbxj.jpg

Replies

• fritz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fritz polycounter lvl 18
    i would rework the abs by all means. they are a bit crazed....as is the belly button.
  • sir-knight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sir-knight polycounter lvl 10
    I can cut myself on his pecks and abs :P

might just be me but I find the edges there to be a little on the sharp side, either in geometry or mesh... anyone else see that?

Otherwise he looks pretty bitchin.
  • BrodyB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, the bump makes the abs and pecks look really hard-edged. But otherwise, this is beautiful stuff!

Oh, and wires und textures und tricount!
  • mattimus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is another normal bake of the abs and chest.. i tried to dull out some of the details... did it help? is it a noticable change?

11cgi9t.jpg
    2ce4095.jpg
    fbyjy8.jpg
  • Pope Adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pope Adam polycounter lvl 11
    I think the sharp looking musculature is from the color channel. maybe lighten the heavy dark color you've used to paint in the shadow detail, i think it becomes a little overbearing when you've got the hard, dark details in the color channel while having the bump channel creating more darkness at the same time.
  • fritz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fritz polycounter lvl 18
    i disagree w/the color map being that off. you could tone down the dark shadows tho. if you look at the normal map....there are still visible edges where they shouldn't appear in ones anatomy.

absyv0.jpg
    absyv0.15626d8eec.jpg

look at this beefcake dude. round abs.
    http://www.sgfitness.com/members/1388195/uploaded/6_pack_abs.jpg
  • Mezz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    As for the gif not looping... well, I can't really be sure without seeing your keys, but I'd say the biggest thing to check for is to toggle from the very first keys to the very last. If you see the difference there, than you just gotta fix up the last keys by copying over the first. Also, maybe there's some hidden keys in your timeline screwing things up? Try checking for that. If you've checked the animation and it's fine, but the problem occured when you made it a gif... well, I'm afraid I can't help you. I've never made a gif :P (/noob)
    Hope this helps :)