Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Low poly Indian motorcycle.

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JO420 polycounter lvl 18
2592992161_919776650c_b.jpg

This is something ive been working off and on for 3 weeks,so far im still making acessories for the motorcycle . In the end it will be a world war 2 scout bike.

Replies

• Mark Dygert
  • Squirmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Squirmy polycounter lvl 17
    looks good overall, except for the box with no detail on the front fender. Is it a saddle bag? It could use some love. Also does this year model have a clutch, brakes, or a shifter? It looks fine without them anyway.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Squirmy wrote: »
    looks good overall, except for the box with no detail on the front fender. Is it a saddle bag? It could use some love. Also does this year model have a clutch, brakes, or a shifter? It looks fine without them anyway.

Well its a low poly bike,the detail for those bits will be handled(like the detailess box for instance) with normals,as for those other parts you mention,im getting to those next :) Im currently on the 2nd pass of the details,the first pass i put all of the big detailed chunks of the model on a 1024,normal,spec and diffuse. Pass 2 will have alot of the smaller bits like cables,gears etc as well as horizantally tiling strips which i will use to map the frame,bars,spokes etc.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
  • Generalvivi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Generalvivi polycounter lvl 14
    nice bike! wish i could drive it in gta :P
  • diminished_Self
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    diminished_Self polycounter lvl 12
    not to bad javier, ;) . good to see you still tooling around in your spare time sir. how is denmark treating you?
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    not to bad javier, ;) . good to see you still tooling around in your spare time sir. how is denmark treating you?

Really good :)
  • imb3nt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    imb3nt polycounter lvl 14
    Very good work.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    2597935828_87ac30cb6e_b.jpg

Small little update,modeled and added the thompson sub machine as well as the pouch for it. Rounded out the handles bars a little more per suggestion from a friend.

With any lucky ill make the rest of the bits. Like Cables,missing part and other details like stolen german stick handle grenades i plan on attaching somewhere.

With any luck ill be texturing by monday.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Last update for the weekend.Added all sorts of details,will beging the unwraps tonight. Ugh.

2599650143_b33f31dfe0_b.jpg

2599648267_be11a72141_b.jpg
  • Tadao215
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tadao215 polycounter lvl 13
    i like it, very nice
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Any reason why you're doing lowpoly parts finishing uvs, baking normals, etc etc before most of the model is even done?
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    EarthQuake wrote: »
    Any reason why you're doing lowpoly parts finishing uvs, baking normals, etc etc before most of the model is even done?

Model is going to be broken up into two 1024 textures,the first one had the biggest parts uniquely mapped while the 2nd map,with all of the smaller details will have some unique uvs but will have strips of horizontally tiling sections which i will use to map parts like the frame,cables etc.

This first map took care of the engine,tires,wheel covers,headlights,tailight and some of the larger engine pieces not connected to the main engine. Most of that was modelled in max and baked.

The second map i have a certain percentage of the map allotted to these horizontal tiling metal sections which ill use to tile the metal frame,cylindrical supports,cable and other pieces of mesh i wouldnt want to uniquely unwrap.The rest will be the small stuff,like the thompson,stick grenades,pouches,entrenching tool.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Got all of the secondary details made and unwrapped. Not much to see on those except the thompson machine to which i began making the normal map enhancements in photoshop. After i do that for the basic details for both maps then ill begin working on the color selection and slowly building the textures up.

2625992302_7b89229210_b.jpg
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    man that sounds complicated, interested to see how it turns out,

i have mapped props in a similar style befor, and in my experience you get good results but can be less than co-operative when changes to the design are needed.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Well it has its advantages in the end,if the main bits are all in the first map and the secondary details are in the second it means if i have to change the bike to make variants like a bike with a bazooka instead of a thompson it means that instead of having to redo the normals,AO and uv arrangement for the whole thing as well as re texturing all of the details it means that i can leave the texture of the basic bike alone and all id have to redo is the details portion of the of the two textures instead of the whole thing all over.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    JO420 wrote: »
    Got all of the secondary details made and unwrapped. Not much to see on those except the thompson machine to which i began making the normal map enhancements in photoshop. After i do that for the basic details for both maps then ill begin working on the color selection and slowly building the textures up.

2625992302_7b89229210_b.jpg

Updated the last pic to keep it simple. Began texturing the thompson. Never really textured a weapon before,would love feedback from the weapons experts here in polycount. Still some polish left and whatever crits are given on the gun.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Finally had the time to work on this again,slowly building up details in normals,adding color etc

2792935883_6eb0150c53_o.jpg

Still tons of work left to do.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18