Home Technical Talk

little problem

hi
forgive me if this isnt the right place for my topic.

i have been haveing some problems recently with setting up an orthographic view for my work(didnt have this problem before i think it started to happen before acouple days) take alook

http://www.imagehost.ro/pict/23090014480ed06f510d0.JPG

http://www.imagehost.ro/pict/23090133480ed0bd66cb0.JPG

now not all pictures turns like this some of them comes strite, so what could be the problem?

Replies

• pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Non-square texture sometimes don't work in maya+certain vidcards. To avoid any issue just make your ref pics square, and to be even ore safe give them a friendly size : 256*256 , 512*512 ...
  • manhal jabali
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok how exaclty to make ref pics square, and in witch program is it photoshop?
  • funshark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    funshark polycounter lvl 16
    photoshop or other image edit software...

The simplest way is :
    - create a new picture with 512*512 ( or 1024*1024 and so on )
    - open your reference pic and paste it into
    - save the new one ( 512*512)
    - great! you have now compatible texture for maya :)
  • manhal jabali
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok how exactly to paste the pic into it, witch function does that
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    File -> New, then copy from wherever (CTRL-C, or right-click -> Copy), then paste into Photoshop (CTRL-V).

Or you could just drag the image into Photoshop, it will open fine then.

And then do Image -> Image Size and turn off the "Constrain Proportions" checkbox, then type something like 512 into both the Width and Height fields, with their units set to Pixels (drop-downs on the right).

Then save.
  • manhal jabali
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i just did everything you said guys but still no luck it didnt came strit or something like this...
    another suggestions would be great.
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    looks to me like the uv's of the plane are messed up, like you accidently pulled the top edge to the left or something.
  • manhal jabali
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nope i dont think so the UVS are fine and as i mentioned some of my pics fits correct into the polybox.

just take alook:

40102442ma6.th.jpg
  • manhal jabali
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i just figure out the problem its a video card driver issue, what i did is deleted the drivers and tryed maya and the pic fits perfectly in the box,the problem is i have anew card and intalled it before a month, its sapphire HD 2600 XT (AGP card), before i used to have radeon 9600 pro.
    unfortunately the new ATI drivers do not support the AGP cards only PCI-EX.

so any suggestions would be great.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Upgrading to PCI would be a smart move whenever you can.

Unfortunately since AGP cards are quickly becoming "Dinosaur hardware" you're going to have a tough time finding drivers and running games. Dino-tech usually talk a good game on the box but don't deliver.

At some point in the near future the top of the line AGP cards are going to have trouble matching the quality of the budget PCI cards, its already starting to happen.

Check out the driver archive and always be sure you're getting the right driver for your card. I wouldn't hold out much hope that they would release new drivers. With most budget cards you end up with a few driver updates then nothing. Such is the hassle for not selling your first born.

I guess since they are still making tech for the dying AGP port that its still kicking around but I don't think it will be for much longer.

Personally I'm a little leery of anything using buzz words like HD in their titles. It seems like "HD" is the new EXTREME way of passing off junk as high quality, but thats just me...
  • manhal jabali
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jees dunno for sure upgrading to pci means buying anew pc and anew pc is not optional untell maybe after 2 or 3 years,so theres no sulotion for my problem. well thanks for the help anyway
  • manhal jabali
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i just solved my issue here i have played alil bit with photoshop and did some tweaking in image size with both pixel dimensions and document size and made the image alilbit wider then i opened maya and tryed it on and the image fits perfectly in the box....so it finally done

and again thx for the help
  • funshark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    funshark polycounter lvl 16
    huh...?
    I didn't understand where was the problem with your pic...
  • manhal jabali
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nothing wronge with the pictures its maya and video card issue, see the results that i was getting from the pics in the first post or read all the topic....