Home Technical Talk

PSP 3d engine ?

3DGURU
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
3DGURU polycounter lvl 17
HI , what would be the best free or commercial PSP 3D engine ?

ok , i have my own game project for windows linux and mac

roy-new.PNG

i want to try to make it for psp , any one knows ?

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You want your game to officially launch as a PSP title or you just want to get it playing on your PSP?
  • achmedthesnake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    achmedthesnake polycounter lvl 17
    ha!, nice model - though from what i've researched, you're gonna have trouble finding a way to put it onto the psp - Sony's kinda nasty and all possessive when it comes to letting others make stuff for free on their platforms.....

basically it involves getting a very old psp (not sure what firmware version - but wayyy back), or getting a current one and downgrading the firmware (which basically stops you from playing any recent games) - then installing a custom engine thingy (which might screw up your psp for good)

this being a bloody pain, i opted to use the psp's ability to play interactive swfs through it's web browser (flash games) - though it only flash player 6 or earlier - and as a result it's performance is limited to bout 1/18th of its normal processing power - as well as playing the swf of the memory card, rather than a umd - so your files have to be efficient and atleast under 1.5mbs's - so basically using any 3d (like the new cs3 flash 3d/papervision stuff) is out of the question.......

anyone correct me if i'm wrong - i'd love to hear if there is an open-source - easy to implement and supported psp 3d engine out there.....HA!
  • 3DGURU
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3DGURU polycounter lvl 17
    ==== or you just want to get it playing on your PSP?
    i think officialy isn't easy so just to play it on psp .
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    achmed- It doesn't matter what kind of PSP you have. There are several ways of getting them to be able to play homebrew applications/games while still being able to play the regular PSP games. I've done this on a handful of PSP's now, and they all work fine.

http://www.ltestudios.com/
    They have a 3d engine that they have been working on. Haven't tried it my self, but with some work, I'm sure that it can be made into an easy model viewer.
  • achmedthesnake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    achmedthesnake polycounter lvl 17
    yeah, i left a mesg with that group i the forum section since christmas - didn't get any reply, and now its dissappeared :) - i think that some of the lte stuff was copied from the luaplayer stuff...

xeno - would you be able to give me some some tips on your methods? pleeeeese :)

--sorry, ill correct myself - it wasn't the luaplayer engine - it ws the irrlicht engine--
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Do a search on ebay for Pandora Battery.
    You'd want to make sure to pick one up that comes with a 'Magic Memory Stick'. The The Battery alone won't do the trick.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    our engine works with the psp.

not free though. :(
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Thread moved to the appropriate forum.
  • achmedthesnake
    Options