Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    can u teech me ho 2 make halo3 but mixed with WW2 anbd guitar hero
    liek you would have to fight off alien overlords with your sweet guitar skills while conquering space..
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    It would be nice to be able to READ what it says on your site before paying, and to examine your samples. I believe your company should address this before they open their school.

Alex
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Can you please teach me proper W3C compliant web design? OH WAIT!
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    I particularly like their FAQ:

[ QUOTE ]

How can I pay?

How do I register for classes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation:
    "How do I give you my money?"

"How does my money get from my bank account to yours?"
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    agreed. your website is pure fail
  • Armanguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Armanguy polycounter lvl 17
    im not to be a downer but i thought this was a joke.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Armanguy I don't think the post was intended as a joke because it's thepixelyards first post... Oh wait you mean it's a joke. I get it hahh err. ooo.gifblush.gif

Alex
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm interested in learning more about the 8 week Advanced Character Course, especially the class that deals with "Muddboxx". I have never seen or used this software before and I'm dying to find out what it is.

Kidding aside.
    - The site is hard to read, tiny fonts and some of the titles on things seem to capitalize words For no Real reason.

The hip hop 2d monkey band doesn't impress maybe if this was a school for audio design, and maybe if I liked hip hop monkies. It seems to have very little to do with game art, teaching or learning game art. Are you going to be all up in ma grill if I skip class? What if I like to listen to country music are you not going to take my money?

Whats the story on the samples? Is that stuff students have done? It would be nice to be able to click the thumbnails and view larger images.

Curriculum, this page is very light on info and some descriptions seem to repeat themselves just to fill out the page.

Rendering 1-2? Really two classes? Are you training game artists or "make pretty render" artists? Replace those classes with intro to 3dsmax, XSI, silo so students have more opportunities avail to them. Or how about a technical class about Mel scripting? How about breaking Muddboxx and ZBrush into separate classes? but rendering? Really!? Two classes on it? How about some traditional art classes, since being able to draw directly translates to the industry. Artistic talent translates very well to any kind of software package and is a skill set that never goes out of date. All the technical knowledge in the world can't replace what a great artist can do. Anyone can be trained to use the tools of the industry but only artists use it to make art. Help your students find jobs by concentrating on the main skill they need.

I don't see any cap on number of graduates, are you trying to flood the industry with doe eyed kids that can't actually make it but where lead to think they can? It looks like all you're doing is churning out more spam HR dept's will have to filter out. Thanks for lowering the wages...

The About page is about faculty? It would be nice to see some samples of their work. I guess I could google them or maybe I'm supposed to know who they are? I honestly don't care how long people have been in the industry, its just as easy to suck after 10 years of experience as it is to suck with none. Have any of these guys taught Master Classes for Autodesk? I don't know the about page doesn't say...

FAQ = WTF

Not accredited, not interested. Most of the knowledge you are selling can be found for free. What people really need talent, you're not offering any help for. Every game school that doesn't offer even some small amount of traditional art
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    This is going nowhere fast. Vig wrote up a useful crit so I'll just lock it instead of deleting completely... sorry.
This discussion has been closed.