Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    "It's free, yeah, and going to be supported by ads and microtransactions."

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'm not paying for ammo...

[/ QUOTE ]

You ought to pick up a Jump to Conclusions mat. :P

I doubt you pay for ammo, more likely it will use the same style of micropayments seen in many other online only games like this. You pay for upgrades, nothing forced. That means that if you want to play forever with the stock character, go for it, where as if you want to upgrade your look a bit, buy a cool new hat or whatever, you can drop 50 cents.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]You only need to pay for moustaches and fancy pants. Its been stated that there'll be no paying for weapons and certainly not for ammo. You'll need to pick up Kwarri if you want to try out that kind of caper.
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I am really not interested in this. I cant believe a company would copy an art style and expect no one to care... and the whole play for free thing is a load. What ive been hearing is that ya to play it will be free, but the fun content will be available through micro payments...

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess if the game was photorealistic you wouldnt mind. or would you argue that its copying God art style?
    jeez.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Looks like I forgot the [/sarcasm] tag again heh... Ahh polycount I love ya.

[ QUOTE ]
    I cant believe a company would copy an art style and expect no one to care...

[/ QUOTE ]I can't believe you haven't seen it happening before?
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    hey, Kwari's doing it! pay for ammo, pay for weapons, pay for health...
    and its getting panned tongue.gif
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    Any of you that think this copies TF2's art style has serious problems with their eyes.
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    Whoa that looks like a lot of fun...even the character customization choices don't seem too shabby, might actually be worth dropping a couple of Happy Meals worth of my hard earned salary on.

If you want to see TF2 copycats, head over to Contests and Challenges tongue.gif The Heavy got his proportions adopted over and over...
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    a smart guy here made the statement that on this verry forum when tf2 started geting shown off almost everyone was like
    "WOW more companys should do more stylized games!"

then when it happens its

"OMG RIPOFF"

i was not that hyped about the game till i saw the vid, but its looking awesome
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    rhino: it's true that people here had that reaction, but people weren't saying "WOW more companys should do more stylized team-based multiplayer games, particularly if they're perceived as being direct competition of TF2!"

i think people were thinking of all the other tired visual styles for a wide slice of games, not TF2's next nearest neighbor, BF, so they cry foul. people would have been more immediately responsive if it was a game that didn't seem so intent on directly horning in on TF2 game-wise. that's what looks copy-cat.

it's like the 2-of-everything with hollywood. two magician movies. two earthquake movies, whatever. most people would rather that second movie just be something different.

allll that being said, the screens and the video look pretty fresh, and BF is a proven gameplay platform.
  • greenj2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I wonder if I can opt to trade in all my weapons and ammo for a wicked mustache... smile.gif
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Looks fun. I'll probably be playing it here during lunch breaks.

-caseyjones
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Cool art style, but its definitely NOT Team-Fortress 2. It's an obvious given that the gaming community would think it as a TF2 rip-off (which had it's inspirations as well). If you read the blogs and the magazine tidbits you'll learn that they've been developing the art style for the game for awhile now, well before TF2's radical change in art direction was ever revealed.

Aaaaanyhoo, on to the game.

I think they're hoping this will become popular by utilizing a strategy Blizzard did with WoW: accessibility. By maintaining a very low standard for technical requirements many more people will have access to this game. The "free" pricetag that comes with it will only help them get people interested.

My only hope is that the game is fun for those who don't wish to purchase anything new for the game and play it vanilla "out of the box".
  • SuperOstrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperOstrich polycounter lvl 17
    I kinda agree with Adam. It's not like TF2's art style is totally original, it was just done at such a high quality that it stands out. I think this BF game looks interesting.