Dont know if this has been posted...but

what do u guys think?.....Jenga on steroids...lol

http://www.ea.com/boomblox/

Replies

• KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    What the hell? I'm wondering what Spielberg's involvement was... was he the lead designer or something? I knew Spielberg had been considering getting into games for a few years now, but I was expecting something more story driven. I think I remember reading an interview where he mentioned that he might do a game someday, but at the time he said games hadn't evolved enough to convey story and emotion as well as film.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Nothing conveys story and emotion quite like cube shaped monkeys wearing cowboy hats.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    he is making two games right now, this one and one story driven..

"The second, and more ambitious project in development, is a contemporary action adventure game that focuses on an ever-changing relationship between you and a mysterious female character that holds the key to the future. The game is in development for the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC"
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    3D Explosing Jenga!? Boom Blox looks awesome to me.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    I have no idea how you play it. but yeah i'll have a go
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Saw this a little while ago. The trailer didn't do much for me. Didn't really convince me that it'd be a fun game. Maybe it's just me, but it just felt a bit... inane.
  • MikeF
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    didn't he have something to do with The Dig way back when?
  • ImSlightlyBored
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
    Theres no doubt in my mind that this will be average at most, but yeah, ok EA & Steven "questionable-input" Spielberg, I'll bite, I'll probably get this. Even though I've no clue how it plays and what the point is. Just looks like a physics engine demo tbh.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    I wonder if the characters are just square so that they can use the same box collision physics simulation as the rest of the jenga blocks haahaaa. Wasnt spielberg part of "the neverhood" team? or was that just dreamworks?
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    The Neverhood was Doug Tenapel's (Of Earthworm Jim fame) game. Pretty sure Spielberg had nothing to do with it other than being the owner of the distributor.
  • motives
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    he is making two games right now, this one and one story driven..

"The second, and more ambitious project in development, is a contemporary action adventure game that focuses on an ever-changing relationship between you and a mysterious female character that holds the key to the future. The game is in development for the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC"

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe, we had this seminar/company meet last year where some EA guys from US studios came to visit and show us what was up in their studios.
    At the end of the presentation of this game i recall most of us lookin at eachother going "err, wtf lol"

no question about it being a spielberg game though smile.gif