Home General Discussion

The Dark Knight

Replies

• ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    batcycle-real-large.jpg

The bat cycle should be interesting to see in action!
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    fuck yeah. i hope that no mistkae like in the beggining of batman begins is made ( like all the chinese in that prison speak english perfect, and when he is arrested they manage to speak english when he says in chinese "im not a criminal" , that was a huge WTF )
  • Cojax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
    [ QUOTE ]
    fuck yeah. i hope that no mistkae like in the beggining of batman begins is made ( like all the chinese in that prison speak english perfect, and when he is arrested they manage to speak english when he says in chinese "im not a criminal" , that was a huge WTF )

[/ QUOTE ]

and after he says that the chinese police officer replys in perfect english. Haha ya I hope they dont make the same mistakes.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Nitpick much, boys? You know a movie is fantastic when people on message boards are complaining about the language the dialogue is spoken in. smile.gif Since Hong Kong was ruled by Great Britain for 150 years and Bruce Wayne is a white guy, it's not shocking that the Chinese characters would (a) be able to speak some English and (b) use it to communicate with a guy they wouldn't think speaks Chinese.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    lol vermilion.

No matter how "i am the great ruler of polycount cause i swear alot and am superior to u jackasses" you think you are if you actually read what i wrote you will what i ment, it breaks the believability mood it was set it , the prison everything was awesome then the perfect english speaking chinese breaks it. And not everyone knows the same as you.

Also , Christian bale decided to quit beeing batman and Mop will take over his role. Reason : english accent.

( smile.gif )
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Christian Bale is British... he does a great American accent though. smile.gif

Or maybe I just don't get the joke you're trying to make? tongue.gif
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    i just like how fucking dark theyve made the last, and this movie. just like the original comics, it's like... the new batman actually knows the meaning of sacrifice too.

oh and i'm still a firm believer that batman would kick supermans ass in a fight, on the basis that he's prepared for anything, he would probably build a suit laced with kryptonite heh.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Johny, I really don't understand what you're talking about. If you feel that Batman Begins would have been a better film with subtitles, that's cool with me - I'm just glad the batsuit didn't have nipples.

Gir, did you ever read The Dark Knight Returns? Batman vs. Superman fight at the end smile.gif
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    yeah i have that comic, i found it quite entertaining too. see, batman proved in that fight that he had the brains, faking his death at the hands of superman to continue his own legacy in secret.

if he were to fight SM in his prime (seeing as how superman seems to be ageless) it might be a different story. it's just like if Ahhnold and Sly were ever in the same movie... guess we'll never know what'll happen :P
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    the only reason batman wins againts fights with superman is because the writers want him to, plus it's his comic wink.gif

Logically, superman would win. Kryptonite? Superman has microscopic vision, xray and all that. He'd see that thousands of miles away. Also, don't forget that superman moves almost as fast as Flash, while batman moves at the speed of man.

Don't forget that Superman and Batman wouldn't really have any real reason to fight each other, they're friends
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Video over Batman: Gotham Knight (The anime 'prequal' to the movie)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oW71WB254M

couldn't get it to embed.
  • Paul_C
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    1203112227726.gif

No more arguements.

edit: damnit, the link's gone down. It was an animated gif of batman kicking the crap out of superman. Instead, here's another gif:

TheFuckingBatman.gif
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    The point about Batman and the Joker that's worth bearing in mind , is that they are both
    nuts but one is just nuts in a more functional way. Examining that relationship between
    them is much more interesting than who has the biggest death ray.

I love death rays as much as the next man so I loved Burton’s Batman films in all their
    zany death ray glory. Nolan just wants to assume they we’re all very impressed with
    the death ray and the fact that they dress funny, but now we’d like to know why they
    are acting like they are because once we are done being impressed by how different they
    are we are ready to be impressed by how much the same they are, to each other and to us.

The public has seen enough superhero films now to be as savvy and consequently bored
    as those of us who read superhero comics as kids are. Really I think the movie industry is
    pretty clued into this fact in general because now we are getting stories like Batman Begins,
    The Incredibles and the Watchmen in the works.

I’m pretty glad about that, I enjoyed the Burton Batman, but I think Nolan’s Batman fits
    much better for where we are today and certainly suits me better. Shame Ledger went
    and did his self centered actor bit but at least he finished filming first.

In other superhero movies news, I like the look of Hancock and I’m very optimistic about Iron Man,
    I think Stark will steal the show though I’m probably going to have to make a
    hi-poly Iron man armor after watching it.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Heres a version of Skanker's Video that still exists.
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6798
    Looks promising.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

In other superhero movies news, I like the look of Hancock and I’m very optimistic about Iron Man,
    I think Stark will steal the show though I’m probably going to have to make a
    hi-poly Iron man armor after watching it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i don't even make characters any more and i bet i'll end up making an Ironman model myself.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nah-nah nah-nah nahnahnahnah new trailer!
    http://www.whysoserious.com/happytrails/
  • _Shimmer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    _Shimmer polycounter lvl 18
    nice. so we can see twoface in one shot, just from the intact side angle though.

so looking forward to this one. Batman Anime Trailer was nice aswell!
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    GOD WHY...This movie is still a month away. Why is it taking so long?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Because its going to be as creepy as fuck watching a dead actor, play the roll that put him in such a funk that the meds he was on, killed him. I'm still excited for this movie but, wow what a downer...

Its like digging a hole in the backyard and finding the family dog. Or better yet waking up and finding the dog doing Shakespeare on the dining room table. Doing a fine job of acting, but damn it you're dead... its fuckin creepy.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just adds an extra layer of disturbing mystique to the Joker character.

Speaking of which, I don't think the icky half of Two-Face shot has been posted here yet...
    http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2008/05/06/dark-knight-two-face-art.jpg
    I think I'd be inclined to take up a life of super-villainy after an accident like that too.
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    wow, two-face looks bloody amazing there.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    http://audionewsroom.blogspot.com/2008/05/howard-scarr-sound-scientist.html

That's an interview with a sound designer on the soundtrack. Which means he programs synths, basically. Only interesting for those who are into synthesis, I suppose!