Home General Discussion

Heroes thread!

Replies

• rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    just saw 10. the show has really lost any momentum it had going imo, lots of EH?? moments for me
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    the strike as been over for a week btw. and this was the Fall Finale only..

[/ QUOTE ]

Errr.... don't know why no one said anything earlier but the strike isn't over.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought also, but I figured he knew something I didn't :/ I've still been reading stories about it though, and was wondering :/
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    the strike as been over for a week btw. and this was the Fall Finale only..

[/ QUOTE ]

Errr.... don't know why no one said anything earlier but the strike isn't over.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one said anything because we know b1ll smile.gif
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    heh, i still think heroes is great.
    you lot who complain are just a bunch of spoiled brats with impossible expectations.
    the only thing that got me a bit miffed on this series, is the fight scene with future hiro, where he breaks into that building with peter.
    i also like the way the series blurs the lines of good and bad guys a bit, and how it twists good intentions into bad outcomes.

just want to briefly mention a few other great ones:

ROME
    The Shield
    Six feet under
    prisonbreak
    deadwood
    ghost in the shell: stand alone committee.
    .. those are my faves currently.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    lol, prison break season 1: brother is in prison, gotta break him out.

season 2: keep running bitches.

season 3: oh shit my brother's in prison, gotta get him out!

season 4: any takers on the plot synopsis?
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Oh man oh man. What the hell. Why not just kill Adam? Why kill Nathan? Who do you think the shooter was? I think it was Noah Bennet. Man thats some bullshit. I knew Nikki would be offed but why Nathan. Damn it.

So now we wait until who the hell knows when for next season.

Why couldn't Peter stop time to catch the killer? Why couldn't he go back 5 minutes before to stop the killer. This is why time travel can really screw things up.

I am sick of Mrs. Petrelli. Just kill her off already. She's a cold hearted bitch.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    I was pretty satisfied with how Adam got dealt with. It's pretty much the worst thing you could do to a guy that can live forever.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah true. I guess thats a nice torture but I just wanted to see Hiro chop his damn head off but I guess buried alive for an eternity is pretty god damn bad.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's a comic book - no one stays dead. Heck, we saw black eyegoo girl return from the dead earlier in the episode, and Peter knows the whole blood transfusion trick, so they get Claire on the phone and give Nathan another injection.

I thought Micah's cousin as gonna burn to a crisp. She was tied to a giant pole and surrounded by fire, with a St. Joan comic there, seemed the obvious death. Alas!
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah but I think they have issues with killing a kid off on tv. While she is more of a teenager but still I think that would be rough to get passed for a show like that.

Maybe not.

All in all I thought it was a pretty good episode though just wish I had a new one to watch next week. Guess I'll be staying late at work on mondays now.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Great episode. And hot damn, I guessed it right! Nikki and Nathan. Nikki is dead for sure. She's useless and was going to die anyways. Nathan though, I'm not sure about. He will probably be revived. They never announced he was "dead" on the TV - only shot. The shooter was definitely HRG though. As he turned, you could see the outlines of his glasses. Glad to see Sylar is back - hopefully we'll finally see a big fight between him and Peter. And I LOVE how Hiro dealt with Adam; it was a perfect end to an imperfect villian.
  • Spoon_of_death
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon_of_death polycounter lvl 17
    Could you guys please NOT post big spoilerish stuff in the first fricking line of your post? :'(
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon: You really shouldn't even read this thread if you aren't expecting spoilers... especially on Tuesdays wink.gif

That episode was much better. I wasn't a big fan of Nathan, yet I'm surprised he was hit. I definitely agree that Noah did the shooting.
    Even Nikki was left to possibly return. She could have hidden in something, or some stupid shit like that. I don't know why neither of them could walk under that beam. There was a huge gap underneith it.
    I was hoping more of the new people would be off'd. I'd rather see Maya die from that gunshot wound.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Even with the writers strike ending this season early, I thought last night's finale was more satisfying than the last. Sylar is an excellent character/villian. This is setting up for a great 3rd season, if the strike ever ends.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon - don't read this thread then man. Seriously. What did you expect to find in here? This whole thread is loaded with spoilers, most of them not listed as such.

Elysium, it wasn't the end of season 2, only Volume 2. Volume 2 was meant to last like 1-2 more episodes before it's winter hiatus. But due to the strike, their hiatus began early. Season 2-Volume 3 will resume early next year, pending a conclusion to the writers strike. All of season 2 encompasses Volumes 2 & 3. smile.gif
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They couldn't get under the beam because the beam was leaning against the door out from what I remember.

Yeah if you don't want to read spoilers this isn't the place to drop in monday nights or tuesday mornings...
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah last night was great. I'm thinking the shooter had to be HRG. It's the only one that makes sense really. He had to go back to the company and Claire couldn't out the heroes. So it falls in line with that. But they could also swing it and make it future Peter or Hiro or even Sylar. But again, great episode. I wish it was coming back in February but at least there will be half a season of Lost to watch then.
  • Spoon_of_death
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon_of_death polycounter lvl 17
    I suppose youre right, but here in Europe the shows airs a day later and I was expecting some speculation about the next episode in this thread laugh.gif
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    wonder if sylar got the healing power permanently when he used the blood
  • J Randall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J Randall polycounter lvl 15
    Doesn't he have to poke around somebody's brain to get their power?! otherwise he's not quite as dangerous with how covetous he is of other peoples powers, he could just telekenetically throw a hypo needle at you and gain your power, takes the danger on him down a notch or eight.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    here's the real kicker though... why hasn't that fag Peter realised that he's left Kaitlin trapped in a future that technically doesn't exist anymore?

if he's taken her to that future, then she doesn't exist in this timeline anymore, and since the virus wasn't released, neither does the one she's in... ONOEZ PARADOX!
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gir...good point what does happen to her?

Since that future doesn't exist how could she be there? haha... Yeah I don't think they will touch on this to be honest. Maybe she will just be living in the "new" future that was created but what about her memories of everything that happened?

Nope can't fix that one. She knows Peters secret she ain't coming back.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    thinking about adam for a second, and the laws of physics (which dont really bear much relevance in the program but its interesting to talk about)

no matter can every be created, right- just changed from one state to another. and to do that requires some form of energy. So- say that with adams regen power- I reckon that he'd still need air, or food or water or something to somehow power the regen ability, otherwise theres no energy to make the new cells. If that were true maybe he could starve (of energy if not food) being locked in a box like that.

And if for some reason he can live forever with no external energy, then if you kicked the inside of a coffin for 6 months, or a year or whatever, you could probably break out of there eventually.

Dunno why I'm going on about him so much sylar is a way better villain (but pretty lacking in terms of a convincing motive)

About reviving nathan, since peter has claire's power it's reasonable to assume that his blood could do the same trick
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was wondering the same about Adam... he'd at least pass out from lack of oxygen, then probably remain that way until he's dug up (if ever). Just like Claire was dead until that spike was taken out of her head.

As for Nathan, something to remember, he received that dose of Adam's blood. I wonder if they'll spin it so that his blood is still in Peter (and heals him)... without Claire's blood
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty, since that future (and Kaitlin) no longer exist, that means she ceased to ever exist on our timeline as well. Meaning Peter technically never met her... Damn time travel.

I'm glad Sylar is back. But as rooster said, his motive is lacking a hell of a lot. It's simple, but weak. Peter might be able to heal Nathan, but I'm not sure he knows it. He saw Adam heal Nathan, and he knows he can heal himself. Though I don't think he's aware of his own life-giving abilities.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    It kind of takes the risk out of the show when we now know people can be shot in the face or severely burnt and be brought back with a little blood injection. Kinda preferred it last season when only a few could heal.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    well, there's no more of Claires blood left (if Suresh's expression was anything to go by). which means they won't be able to willy nilly bring people back.

i imagine that Peters blood would be spun so it doesn't work the same way, since he empathically absorbs other peoples powers, they aren't written into his DNA the way other peoples powers were for themselves.

Sylar may well keep Claires ability, it was never cleared up how he keeps peoples powers... one theory is that he uses his own ability to be able to see how things work, to mimic other peoples abilities, the other theory is that he has to somehow absorb their DNA. neither theory has been specifically confirmed or denied.

all i can say though, is that part 2 of season 2 is gonna be fucking badass now Sylar is back.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There's plenty of Claire's blood left... she's still alive last I checked wink.gif

I agree on the Peter assessment though. I'm sure that's how they'll explain that off.

I doubt Sylar will take on the healing ability though... at least not through the blood injection. What still needs to be explained is how he transfers powers. I'm sure they never will, but obviously he has to take something from the victim's brain. He doesn't insert it into his own, since his cap is always attached wink.gif So, does he eat it? Absorb it? Stick it up his ass?.... who knows?
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My take on Peter was his dna can evolve and absorb what everyone else can do. Maybe thats wrong though.

Sylar I believe eats the brains. If I remember right he had blood on his face in one of the episodes after cutting into someones skull. Maybe we will find out soon.

AS IN NEXT YEAR!!! frown.gif
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    yeah he had blood on his face and hands after killing Isaac Mendez. but eating someone elses brain for their ability, would ultimately have the same effect as injecting their dna...
  • xxbrightliesxx
    i think sylar reads their brains or something along those lines, see how it 'ticks' like with the clocks he used to work on
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Sylar's ability is figuring out how things work... thats how he would fix clocks and watches. He takes the brain to see how their ability works and thus gains it.

that is how I understood it, anyways
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    thinking about adam for a second, and the laws of physics (which dont really bear much relevance in the program but its interesting to talk about)

no matter can every be created, right- just changed from one state to another.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, physics, the bane of all superhero comics! You're right, matter cannot be created. So what happens when Hiro travels back in time and meets his younger self at his mother's funeral? Matter has not just been created, it's literally been duplicated - many of the cells in older Hiro's body are identical to th cells in younger Hiro's body. How can matter be in two places at the same time? Best we don't think about it smile.gif

You know, if Hiro ever really needed to kick someone's ass, he could keep sending himself back in time by thirty seconds or so, each time telling his 30-seconds younger self to do the same. Go back five minutes into the past with constant doubling and you get over 1000 identical Hiros. Good luck stopping that, bad guys!
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Hiro keeps gaining power over his ability too, it started out with him having to strain greatly, just to pause time, now he can think for 2 seconds (quickest so far) about the time/place he wants to go to, and do it.

i don't see it taking too long before he has a unconscious compitence over his ability (ie. being able to use his ability without thinking), much like learning a foreign language. once it reaches that point, he will be almost unstoppable.

imagine too, that his ability isn't just limited to control over time/space, but much like parkmans ability has evolved, hiro might be able to... see, or read future events moments before they happen? for example, at the moment if someone were to shoot hiro from behind, all he'd be able to do is pause time on his way down, and hopefully reverse it. but if his power continues to grow to the point where he has limited precognition of future events, he would know someone is about to pull the trigger and alter time accordingly.

there are so many possibilities for Hiro as a character, and i've grown to love how he's progressing. my current favorites are:

Hiro
    Sylar
    Suresh

the reason i love suresh so much, is that he has no abilities, but he's still badass enough to take on people who do.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ugh, I hate the Suresh character... he's about as naive and bumbling as Peter.

Hiro and Sylar are my favs right now. If I were to choose a non-hero, I'd pick HRG.
    Out of the new characters this 'chapter' I actually liked Adam... at least as an actor. I'm kind of done with the self healing stuff, unless they start sticking adamantium blades in their hands wink.gif
  • J Randall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J Randall polycounter lvl 15
    I would really like to see them pull off something just like that where theres say 20 hiro's chasing someone down, maybe next chapter there will be a jamie maddox character where they can duplicate themselves.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, when Sylar got his powers back I actually said "Yes!!" That doesn't happen often for villains I think. They really did a great job developing him. Though his motives right now seem very shallow. I hope they focus on that in Chapter 3.

I never bought Adam being more of a villain than Sylar. Adam just wasn't very convincing to me. He really needed to do some more damage. Maybe they should have had Adam take out Nathan or someone else just to show he's not playing around.

Anyways, can't wait for Chapter 3 next September now!
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't know I think Sylars who motive is greed and jealousy. He was basically a nerd fixing watches and discovered how he can take from others and be all powerful.

So it's power and control and obtaining more and more that drives him. Much like what drove Lex Luther and other villians. To be all powerful and superior.

I like Sylar. I can't wait for Chapter 3.

I want to know more about Peter and Nathans dad and how everyone is connected because everyone seems to know each other more than they let on to think.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    i think sylars pathology is a bit deeper than that, he was driven to be special by his parents, to be something different than "just a watchmaker". he was happy being normal, being himself, but if his parents, and peers tell him it's not enough, eventually he will want to live up to others expectations.

i believe the monster that is Sylar, was created by his parents, just constantly telling him either to be better, or that he IS special/better than everyone else, he's started trying to live up to that standard, and in his mind the only way to do that is to be something that no one else is.

at the end of the day, as long as peter is around, sylar has a rival.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah sounds more about right than what I had said.

I am sad as there is not going to be an episode on tonight.

Now the wife and I are playing Rock Band.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I watched the last episode last night... This show has really hit rock bottom. I know they needed to wrap things up, and it was really obvious that they were trying to wrap things up. They basically combined 2-3 episodes worth of story into the one.
    The time travel stuff is flawed beyond all recognition, bringing people back to life at the blink of an eye just took the fun out of killing characters off, the motives for certain characters are just not believable and most of the characters that I liked from season 1, I really dislike now.

Another thing, what really bothers me about Hiro's power is why is it when Hiro goes into the past and spends a week there, that when he returns he has been missing for a week. Why does he never just return to the same instant he left?

Nikki is dead, HOO-FUCKING-RAY! She better stay dead. I was so happy when Sylar shot Maya, but then when they revived her I was about ready to stop watching the rest of the show. PISSED THE FUCK OFF!

I'll stop ranting, because if I dislike the show so much, why do I still watch it.

-caseyjones
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I have to agree having the Highlander blood that revives anything dead ruins the show a bit. Now they can kill anyone for sweeps and then bring them back the next episode. I'd much rather see consequences. Also I started to think that heroes sometimes have powers that relatives have/had. So is Claire related to Adam some how? Just something to kick around during the next 10 months without Heroes. I wish the producers would just cave and pay the writers so they could bring shows back.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    they can get round the death problem by saying that they need to get them injected with claire's blood within an hour or they can't come back (they could do a 24 crossover). they didn't show how far away hrg was moved before giving him the injection, and maya was injected pretty soon after being shot. at least destroying the brain stops them permanently, god bless sylar and his brain snatching ways.
  • rooster
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    New season starts tonight! Hoping it keeps the goodness going and doesn't get stupid again.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I sort of wish they had tied in the 3d goggles thing into heroes also (since Chuck is in 3d). Then again, I can imagine it being really hokey as they try to MAKE things 3d. If it was just a converted episode though, I could see it being cool :)
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    is this the right heroes thread? isnt there a more recent discussion about the last series
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oops rooster you are right.

Fail on my part.