Home General Discussion

Here's a new character that I've been working on!

Replies

• dur23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
    The 23/11 is the best day in the world to have a baby. Grats DAZ!
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    Congrats man! Nice edge flow!
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Congrats! You'll make a good dad.
    Mostly because you're a bit of a butt head already! ha!
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Congrats, daz!
  • parasyte7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    parasyte7 polycounter lvl 19
    That is great Daz! Congrats!
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    awesome! guess what, i am next ! our kids can hang out, as long as yours doesn't pick up that weird accent. don't want my kid speaking some unamerican goo goo ga gas. i should know if my sex trophy has pee pees or meow meows soon.
    congrats to both of you!
  • Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Congrats Darren!

I know you will make a great dad, after all you were able to put up with all the kids at EA for years!
  • MacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MacD polycounter lvl 18
    The edgeloops are a bit flat and round.

But otherwise, wow, congrats to all three of you smile.gif
  • HandSandwich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HandSandwich polycounter lvl 18
    Super Congrats!
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    congrats man, anatomy is a bit off still looks to blobby sculpted still tongue.gif , pretty sure thatll bake out once you texture bake it in a few years tongue.gif
  • Soccerman18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soccerman18 polycounter lvl 18
    Awwwww baby!! Congrats. Cute little bugger.
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    congrats Daz! My first is on the way in about a month. Arsh is having a kid, too? Are you going to carry on the family tradition, Arsh, and name your kid Garfsolmvox or something? I hope not. You should follow Daz's lead and go with something with two pronounceable syllables.
  • nkoste
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nkoste polycounter lvl 18
    Awesome baby! Congrats!
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, congrats Arsh and doc! I don't know how weird it will be having my offspring running around with a little American accent, but I don't really think about the fact that the mrs. has one smile.gif Its an awesome opportunity for him being of dual nationality. He'll be able to live anywhere from Hawaii to Turkey. Name choosing aint easy. With such an awkward last name we wanted something short. It's a shame that I utterly despise Liam Gallagher, but I'm sure I'll be able to disassociate smile.gif Two syllables ftw. Thanks again guys!
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Late congrats Daz! Ummmm....he only looks .5 British to me. You might want to have that looked at later. Thanksgiving isn't a holiday that will eat his birthday presents so that's cool.

Congrats Arsh and doc! In a few years there can be a polycount junior clan in SpongeBob of Doody or whatever game the kids are playing these days.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    he only looks .5 British to me. You might want to have that looked at later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lols, my very first thought upon seeing his little squished head poking out, was 'um, wtf he has a full head of hair' and then it was like 'um, wtf its like, dark, like suspiciously dark'. Apparently thats a fairly common thought for new Dads. Sad but true!

Looks more like me here, but I still dunno where he is getting that hair colour from. Mom is light brown

liam2.jpg
  • nacire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nacire polycounter lvl 17
    Looks like there are a few seams in the shoulder area, you might wanna take a look at!

Haha! Congrats man!
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    w00t w00t!

if the target audience for this particular model was kids and peeps who love cuteness:
    U R PASS!

poke his cheeks once or twice on my behalf please lol.

congrats man.
    to u and the wife.

PS: can u post up the wires? just wondering... my mesh flow is never the best
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I think you need more loops in the shoulders... they don't look like they'll bend right. That's if you plan on animating him... otherwise it's cool wink.gif
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Lols, my very first thought upon seeing his little squished head poking out, was 'um, wtf he has a full head of hair' and then it was like 'um, wtf its like, dark, like suspiciously dark'. Apparently thats a fairly common thought for new Dads. Sad but true!

Looks more like me here, but I still dunno where he is getting that hair colour from. Mom is light brown

[/ QUOTE ]
    I know what you mean I thought the exact same thing. Both my wife and I are blond/blue eyed (no we are not Nazis) we both have strong Scandinavian roots. So when a dark-ish haired little girl popped out I was mildly concerned, we both where actually (again no one in my family has ever been a Nazis). But her hair lightened up to a very bright blond in a few days.

You have to factor the hair has been fermenting in goo and to mention the vernix that soaks into it, making it kind of greasy for a while, so expect it to lighten up a bit as that stuff works its way out. I'll tell you what the nurses told us, it's normal, its natural, leave it alone. Your babies fine, and yes its yours.

Also about the accent, I bet your kid will be able to flip between the two pretty easily. My dad was a first generation immigrant and he spoke with an American accent but could flip over mid sentence. He would even slip into it unconsciously at family get togethers. If the kiddos mom is American then it might get more watered down... If picks up more of an American accent just make sure he learns Celsius and the metric system first, oh and spells colour correctly even if you have to hand correct every last box of Crayola's yourself =P
  • ThE_BirD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ThE_BirD polycounter lvl 18
    awww...congrats Daz:)
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    ... If picks up more of an American accent just make sure he learns Celsius and the metric system first, oh and spells colour correctly even if you have to hand correct every last box of Crayola's yourself =P

[/ QUOTE ]
    You damn right!

Congrats, Daz and to your lady on having a healthy baby boy. Such a scary thought being a dad, but I'm sure you'll enjoy every moment of it and good luck.

-caseyjones
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    congrats big guy .. i definitely see the resemblance mate !
  • HarlequiN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HarlequiN polycounter lvl 18
    Holy cow, I totally missed this!

I have to say, you didn't do a very good job on th eproportions - look at the ratio of the head to the body, and those limbs are way to spindly... I think you should continue to work on this for the next 20 years or so. wink.gif

Huge congratulations to you and the missus and to Liam too. I know exactly how you feel about the concept of having a sprog with a weird foreign accent - still not come to grips with it myself, and you don't really hear an accent when all they can say is "Nyah dahn ertah".

My suspision is that my kid'll be slower learning to talk since mommy and daddy use different sounds for the same things. I'm sure your kid won't have that problem though, being the offspring of genius and all smile.gif
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    hahah guys i was just kidding about the accent, technically its us here mericuns that have an accent, not those fruity brits. cute kid dude, cant wait for the birthday parties!

and doc i am thinking of switching up the tradition and pick a regular name like Betty and mess it up by changing the first letter, so something like Letty, so people still look really confused when they hear it.
    (and to those on the outside of this joke i am making fun of his wife! oh snap!)