Home General Discussion

Heroes thread!

Replies

• Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Great episode tonight. "Volume 2" has pretty much been all backstory and information. No doubt that's cool, but tonight's episode had some more meat to it. Very satisfying.

**** SPOILER ****

z0mg Kensei is Adam! blush.gif
  • Maddness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maddness polycounter lvl 11
    hell yea last night's episode was awesome.

and on a totally unrelated but necessary note... Vassago, i just saw that movie yesterday, so i'm now totally in the know on your avatar.
  • Jonas Ronnegard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jonas Ronnegard polycount sponsor
    Aww and i wanted to spend the night at school working, that won't be happening now.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Me and the wife had already figured out the Kensei connection wink.gif
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol Maddness, it's certainly a classic.

Notman, I knew Kensei had to be involved somehow, but I wasn't aware he as Adam. I'm still wondering who's the more evil of the 2 - Kensei or the Company? The company tags mutants and then releases them, but they kill the dangerous ones. Kensei? Who knows. He's probably still miffed at Hiro after these past 300+ years, so maybe he's out for revenge.
    From what I heard, last night was the last episode of "Volume 2 - Generations". Next Monday's "The last 4 months" episode should usher in Volume 3.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    Did I miss it, or did they totally ignore Sylar, Alejandro and Maya that episode?

Don't get me wrong, it was a great episode, just odd that that whole part of the story was ignored.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Shoosh! We don't need to go back to that lame road trip group till they get closer to New York. Closer... to... SURESH!!!!!!!
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    God Damn this show just gets better and better. I also had a feeling Kensei had a part but not that he was Adam that is insane. Oh man I just want monday to hurry up and get here again. It's the high point of my week.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    but how is adam capable of controling the weather (as Bob suggests?)

fuck that episode was cool, Hiro is actually a badass now, and so is peter. i want more of sylar though, i want him to have his powers back!

parkman rocks, can angela pitrelli read minds too? or does she just know how to project thoughts to other telepaths?

WHEN THE FUCK IS SYLAR GONNA KILL KENSEI AND TAKE HIS REGEN POWER AT LAST?!
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    I've seen this storyline before. If memory serves me - it had something to do with the X-men, a guy with metal claws in his hands and a blue dude whose name started with A and ended with pocalypse. Or something.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    makes you wonder who lead bad guy now, sylar or adam wink.gif.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    it makes me wonder how that japanese woman picked a padlock with chopsticks tongue.gif. I'm not a huge fan of kensei/adam's acting, but enjoying the twists so far
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd love to see Sylar get his powers back, and switch sides, then go up against Adam.
  • J Randall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J Randall polycounter lvl 15
    oooh Tumerboy good call, I like that angle, they need to do something with Sylar I don't know if I can keep up with this whiny stuff they have him doing this season.
  • skrubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skrubbles polycounter lvl 18
    I don't think Sylar will switch sides... but he's obviously still in the picture for some reason. He's a murderer... he's not going to become a good guy. I can see him and Adam fighting though... I can even see Sylar getting his power back, chopping off Adam's head and becoming immortal... now that'd rock! Or maybe Sylar will become a follower of Adam?!?! Fun times.

I agree that Kensai being Adam was pretty damn obvious long before the reveal.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    i think it's always been obvious that Kensei was still around in present day, and that he was one of the bad guys. that he was adam? not all that obvious. that he kills Mr. Nakamura makes a lot more sense now "i will make you suffer..."

Sylar should continue to be bad... while i'm not too big a fan of him being a whiney dude with no powers, the fact he's still just as ruthless, manipulative, and lets face it, no less able while powerless, is great. if he can find a way of regaining his powers, the only person who can stop him is peter, and lets face it, peter has never been THAT great with his powers, he never gained that level of control like Sylar did.

all Sylar needs, is Clare, or Adams ability, and he will be unstoppable.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    I think Adam/Kensei may very well be Sylars long lost Daddy...wouldn't that be interesting?

Being immortal he developed an interest in timepieces?
    That is why the company didn't off Sylar?
    He can't stick around with the ole family too long or else they'll notice the lack of aging.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    perhaps I overstated. I don't want Sylar to become good perse. I want him to get his powers back, but find himself in a situation where he is fighting Adam, and the 'heroes' are fighting Adam, and thus, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." I don't want him to be good, just be himself, but have to forge a temporary, uneasy alliance with the heroes in order to accomplish his own goals.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    did anyone see "four months ago" as a filler episode? i mean... i'm greatful for knowing what happened to peter, but i feel like taking a whole episode, instead of gradually filling it out, is a bit cheap...

i just noticed there is an episode in a few weeks called "powerless"... i'm thinking that's when Sylar is gonna come back o/
  • animatr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    animatr polycounter lvl 18
    i really enjoyed it.
    though, i do worry about the peter adam combo. those 2 would be unstoppable. pretty crazy.

the backstory on the maya and alejandro was pointless i thought. i just really dont dig those two characters. way too boring
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maya and Alejandro are going to be important in the future though. Maya's power is a lot like a virus, and Alejandro is her cure. They could possibly play a pivotal role in the new "threat" this season.

Btw, wtf is up with Elle? She's a crazy electric nympho...
  • animatr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I missed the first 15 minutes, so I was really like ...WTF? Then my wife reminded me that it was a flashback type of episode.

I can see why you'd think of it as a filler, but it fit the format of the show. Then again, you'd have to know that it was an episode to fill in the gaps. Heroes always does a little storyline of each character, which is how they did this episode (a little about each character's past). If they had dedicated that time to any other episode, it would have focused the episode on one character.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    I don't think Alejandro is a cure for Maya, I think he's just immune and he's able to calm her down. Alas, neither has the cure for being boring secondary characters. These two are Heroes' equivalents of Nikki and Paolo from Lost; with any luck, they'll also be buried alive tongue.gif

I'm a little cheesed about the D.L. appearance last night. We've gone all season theinking he'd been killed by a gunshot wound. Surprise, he's alive, and he's a good guy and a hero! Right up until he gets killed by a gunshot wound. Seriously, if he was able to phase before that twat punched him in the face, how did he not manage to phase before the same twat pulled the trigger? I mean, clearly the dude was going to start some shit... lame death for a character who might as well have stayed dead if that's all they were going to do with him.

I want to kick Veronica Mars in the throat. Uber bitch. And Peter is such a fucking pussy. Maybe the next power he absorbs will allow him to grow a pair of testicles?

Nathan, I'm digging him lately. But you know, did he really need Adam's blood to help him? I mean, doesn't his own daughter do exactly the same thing, super healing? (Yeah, we don't know if her blood carries the super healing the way Adam's does, but near-instant regeneration from injury? Same thing.) It'd be worth putting a call in to the rebel group and have H.R.G. airmail a sample back to the home office...
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    Oh noes! Kitty Pride is dead!
    Oh wait. He's been dead all season. =/ I agree with verm.

I realized last night that the Haitian is the coolest character in the whole damn show.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    I've always liked the Nathan character even though he's a prick.

I agree Peter is a total wuss most of the time. Yeah, the way they re-killed DL was a total waste. Maya & Alejandro are just filler chars to give Sylar somebody to talk to besides our regulars for awhile. Maya is also probably going to be the new "hot but bad girl" on the show once Ali Larter/Niki dies and Elle dies or is written out.(Niki has the incurable virus and is powerless remember)
  • animatr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    but maya isnt hot frown.gif
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In your opinion :P
    Not that she's the hottest woman I've seen... not even on the show, but she still looks good smile.gif
  • animatr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hehe. well, she's always dirty looking and all sweaty. not my type i guess smile.gif
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seantree polycounter lvl 18
    I totally skipped everything in this thread to avoid spoilers. I just finished season 1 minutes before posting this and honestly do not know how any of you went week to week waiting to see what happened. My god this show is too good. I'm now starting season 2 hopefully it matches season 1 in quality and "oh shit!!" moments.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you start with now (or with last weeks episode) you should be good... the season has started slowly. Last episode basically explains what happens to everyone just after the first season. You should be able to catch it on NBC.com
  • Spoon_of_death
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon_of_death polycounter lvl 17
    Maybe Allejandro can do more than 'just' reverse maya's powers, perhaps he can do it to other characters as well? But yeah, he'll probably wont last very long as the only non-english speaker.

And someone mentioned Adam killing mr Nakamura??? Thats impossible because he was being imprisoned for 30 years! I also think its pretty fucking lame to say 'oh yeah, I knew Kensei=Adam all along, isnt it obvious?' without actually mentioning HOW THE FUNK you could ever know because NO: it isnt obvious at all!!!

Anyway it means there is ANOTHER evil baddy doing the killing on that 'godsend' clan. Im suspecting a future Hiro.
    3 major villians so far: YAY!

I wonder what Bob's ability is, I think a nerdy guy like him should have kickass pwning fire starting inferno nuclear bomb laser eyes!!!111!!1
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    eh i was under the impression the cops dad was the killer (nightmare man). he's the assasin for adam right?
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well actually adam could be the killer of mr. nakamura because him and peter had already escaped at this point. But I believe it is the nightmare man doing most of the crazy stuff. Or it was.

Bob does have a power. He turns things into gold.

Hell I wouldn't mind having that power.
  • Spoon_of_death
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh yeah, I totally forgot about his power :|
    And you are right about Adam as well... man Im messed up haha laugh.gif
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    about who killed mr nakamura, this was included with one of the weekly q&a sessions with the heroes writers on cbr.
    killeroftwelveob2.jpg

looks like west, a flyer could have got away easily enough from jumping over the side, and no one likes the creepy stalker guy.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's possible... he would have need to land on the ground for a bit though, since he's there initially, when you see from above. It's definitely not Matt's dad. If you recall, Mr Nakamura said, "I never expected it to be you." That would make me think of Adam... unless him and West have a history.
  • animatr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    how crazy would it be if adam was west's dad!
    remember the episode where west says something about parents not being an issue. maybe because his dad was locked up and his mom had powers too. could be a pretty crazy twist

edit:
    on second thought, matt's dad could still have killed nakurmora. he could have made an illusion of adam in his mind, that basically made him jump off the edge himself. maybe no one actually pushed him
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    but didn't Ando see the guy tackle him off the roof when he brought him his sword back?

I am thinking west is going to be some evil twist in the plot. Damn I love this show. Even though this season has started off slow I am still enjoying it.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    yeah but nightmare man can create simultaneous illusions that reflect the same event remember? assuming he knew ando was there, what he saw could also be an illusion. they both could have seen completely different people even
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Spoon_of_death
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think thats a little bit toooooo farfetched(my english is bad, is that how its called?) in my opinion. :P
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    you're right.. i can totally see how a genetic modification can actually raise someone back from the dead after their heart has stopped beating, or allow them to teleport, alter the laws of physics, adopt other people's genes, or do some weird crying black stuff that kills people. My theory is definately way too farfetched tongue.gif

only kiddin laugh.gif

edit: my colleague has a theory adam was somehow a plant in the past, and doesn't come from there. I like it because I never believed that an englishman in japan 200 years ago would look, act or talk like kensei does. All that crap about being a vagabond and suddenly 'oh hero you have made me a better person i am so greatful etc etc' didnt fit right with me
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    finally got around to watching the latest episode - holy shit!

I can't wait until Hiro see's adam in the present!
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]

edit: my colleague has a theory adam was somehow a plant in the past, and doesn't come from there. I like it because I never believed that an englishman in japan 200 years ago would look, act or talk like kensei does. All that crap about being a vagabond and suddenly 'oh hero you have made me a better person i am so greatful etc etc' didnt fit right with me

[/ QUOTE ]

I finally got caught up last night and have to say this would make complete sense to me. Also, how could Kensei/Adam not know he had the healing/regen power? I'm sure he'd been harmed sometime prior to the arrows hitting him and it seems that most powers make themselves known at an age Adam was well past when Hiro encounters him in japan. who knows? all I know is I'm hooked and happy. I haven't been into a TV show like this since the X-files.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh monday is almost here and Heroes is the high point of my week. Can't wait to see what happens this week.
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I feel odd being like everyone else waiting for the next week's episode. Banging through all of them in a few days leaves me wanting them to come instantly!!!! Dammit! From what I saw in a preview Hiro does attempt to save h is father. Damn, does his time traveling and the possibility of screwing with the time/space continuum give the writers some room to wiggle or what?
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Also, how could Kensei/Adam not know he had the healing/regen power?

[/ QUOTE ]
    he's just not as accident prone as claire.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's also a matter of when it comes into being. The power is dormant until awakened. Kind of like highlander, where they become immortal once they die. The power has to be unlocked.

As for Adam being a plant, I doubt that. Who else has time travel abilities? He was just a drunk english hack, looking to con people out of money. Remember, he took off after his power was revealed. He was scared. Only after he took the firescroll from the 50 angry ronin, did he realize what he really was.

I'm sad for Heroes right now. After tonight, there are only 2 more episodes. The December 1st episode has been re-edited to act as a finale. Damn writers strike!
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah this writers strike is gonna kill my heroes season and other shows. I wish they would just figure this out and get stuff working again.

I guess the big corporations will start to realize how fucked they are when they don't have shows to air.