Home General Discussion

Unreal Tournament 3

Replies

• HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    I too, am glad to see it's triumphant return in unreal engine 3 glory.
    I missed being able to get shot while pretending to be dead.
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
    [ QUOTE ]
    So nice of the ut3 demo not to including an uninstaller.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess midway packaged it, it's a very strange installer
  • coldwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    coldwolf polycounter lvl 18
    This is the shittiest UI I've ever fucking seen. I AM ANGRY. AN ANGRY MAN. Very angry.

Seriously. Too many 'pages', confirmation buttons are in the corners of the screen and too small for a mouse, VERY little config options, server menu/filtering is worthless... Epic, you put ZERO thought into the UI, didn't you? Don't you fucking dare treat us PC gamers like those retarded console gamers with their pathetic gamepads. You know better than that. Should know.

Other than that though, the game blue screened after the logos went by, then it restarted my pc again after about 1 minute of gameplay. Other than that, it's awesome wink.gif

But that UI needs to be fixed, like a complete overhaul type fix. The gameplay is great, but the experience is incredibly saturated after struggling to get the fucking thing to go.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    [ QUOTE ]
    This is the shittiest UI I've ever fucking seen. I AM ANGRY. AN ANGRY MAN. Very angry.

Seriously. Too many 'pages', confirmation buttons are in the corners of the screen and too small for a mouse, VERY little config options, server menu/filtering is worthless... Epic, you put ZERO thought into the UI, didn't you? Don't you fucking dare treat us PC gamers like those retarded console gamers with their pathetic gamepads. You know better than that. Should know.

[/ QUOTE ]

after playing it more I can't help but agree.. going thru 5-6 pages to change resolution is ridiculous.. it's just clumsy laid out and compared to the quality of their game work this is sloppy and amateur
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Rule from Webdesign: It should never take more than 3 pages to get to the page your after.

Tabs Epic, Tabs.
  • Tiax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    havent downloaded demo yet but i'm hating that blur&bloom more and more with every screenshot i saw :S wierd that noone talked about it. it's only me who think it sux or it look better in game&worse in those screenshots?
    i lost my love to ut , the day they put vehicles in game anyway. but i'll buy it if i found some money just for editor prob.
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    you know they didn't put vehicles in ALL the game, there are still awesome levels without them in ut2004, and I'm sure in ut3 aswell (the non vehicular TDM in the demo is really great), just because they added onslaught/warfare and vCTF doesn't mean they didn't think about the oldschool gametypes.
    plus the vCTF level is surprisingly good, didn't think I'd enjoy vCTF that much

and as far as the bloom goes, ShangriLa seems to be the only one in the demo to be really over the top, the others are muted a lot more, you can also reduce the postfx, and I suppose completely remove them in the retail, maybe even by playing around with the ini files.
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    This is Just speculation of course but the demo and may not have the final UI for PC in it. They may have used the console style UI for the demo to be more cross platform and not waste the extra cash to do a PC UI since I am sure they will do a console demo release as well.

Either way the game runs silky smoothe for me at 1600x1200. I have a quad core currently clocked at 2.8 and 4gb of ram running on vista ultimate x64.
  • Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    Thought I'd throw up some screenshots too:

UT3_headshotth.jpg

UT3_shangri1th.jpg

UT3_susp2th.jpg

I'd agree that the UI needs serious work.. I also wonder if the post processing is likely to be any more tweakable in the final game? I'm having trouble getting the 'blacks' (shadows) black and the whites not blowing out.
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
  • Tiax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    you know they didn't put vehicles in ALL the game, there are still awesome levels without them in ut2004, and I'm sure in ut3 aswell (the non vehicular TDM in the demo is really great), just because they added onslaught/warfare and vCTF doesn't mean they didn't think about the oldschool gametypes.
    plus the vCTF level is surprisingly good, didn't think I'd enjoy vCTF that much

[/ QUOTE ]
    ofc thats true. i played ut2004 for a long long time , and loved non-vehicled parts. i'm just olschool&strict when it comes to my old favorite games , and felt kinda bad when i saw ut3 video full of vehicles scenes etc. smile.gif also every ut game gives me a feeling that game is just to showcase&sell the engine. although i like epic , i cant stop having bad thoughts about them. wierd...
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    KA-BLOOM!

the demo doesn't like my pc. i need to build a new one, and then wait for a good mod to release so I can play a fun game that uses the engine.
  • Motz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Motz polycounter lvl 12
    I get about 45+ constant FPS at 1280x1024, max everything. Post processing at default, 3D OpenAL audio. Regular P4 3.2ghz, 8800 gts, Physx Card.

I gotta say, I'm not disappointed at all. Looks fantastic. Only gripe is that it feels like your character is too heavy, not quite as agile as 2k4. There are jump boots that enable a really high double jump, but it still feels like he can only jump 3 inches. Also there is some kind of acceleration left over from the damned console port. The character kinda builds up to full speed for a sec.

The damage needs tweaking, its too heavy. I know they mentioned this in an interview that they were upping it, but its ridiculous. Double Damage is pointless if you have a rocket launcher. Pretty much tears through 50 armor and 100 health in one shot and you can queue 3 rockets : / Couldn't last in a tank for more than 15 seconds online, not very realistic.
  • MacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MacD polycounter lvl 18
    To me, this is what UT2k3/4 should have been; UT99 with currentgen gfx smile.gif I love the look (even the blur! I like it and don't really get what people have against it...) but what gets me is the feel: this IS deathmatch! Oldschool mindless violence :P

I'm playing this on a p4 2.6c, 2gigs'o'ram, 6800GTthingy (v9999) and it plays SMOOTH#1280x1024 with the screen percentage rendering at 100% (I had to look this up: it's basically a resolution modifier. If it's at 100%, you get the resolution you select, if it's at 50%, it will render the game at 50% of the resolution you think you're playing ta and will upscale that to the screenrez; 50%@1280x1024 will thus be 640x512 upscaled to your rez. STUPID way of doing things, IMO).

Just wish that they'd included at least non-selectable headshots of other player characters, to klet you know what you can expect in the full game. Also some other gripes (sniper zoom and vehicles should use mousewheelzoom!, slightly more splashdamage, slightly less downtime after being shot off the hoverboard [which is great!], add glow to the shockrifle secondary so you can see in the environment whereabouts your shock ball is, to judge distance, reduce blue/red glow at large distances [slightly more subtle would be better...now you see a red/blue thing instead of a thing with a red/blue glow]), but still loving the game. UT is back!

And props to everyone here who worked on the environment art....it's awesome! Now let us see the characeter art and the textures at their real resolution :P

And maybe a sneak preview of the skeletons used, so we can start modeling our characters to the correct proportions? wink.gifwink.gif , nudge nudge smile.gif
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    No dodge-jump, not happy.

UT2k3/4 were great because movement was a skill. The whole game wasn't just about aiming, like most other FPS's. Now it just feels generic and constricted.

Well the UT99 fans got what they wanted, finally. Took 'em 8 years, but they got their 8 year old game back in the end.
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah I miss dodge jumping too. Is this all the game modes? I want my bombing run! The handling on the vehicles is nicely done too...

Ah well at least it does run smooth as promised...It's playable at 1440x900 with the sliders set to '3' on a Macbook Pro...which is really saying something! I hate this shitty Mac. The lag on the servers is killing me though. Making me bamf all over the place.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I coulda sworn that I dodged jumped in Deathmatch.. Well, at least I know wall jump still exists? Maybe I was soo busy trying to learn WASD, I mistook these?
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    doesn't run on either my dual core laptop or my older pc.
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    No dodge-jump, not happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can dodge jump just fine

I like ut3's feel better than ut2k3/4's muchly, i don't feel like a tiny fast midget anymore
  • katzeimsack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katzeimsack polycounter lvl 17
    is it just me or does this weapon look bad?
    UT3_shangri1.jpg

Does it have a normalmap at all? Those grey lines are painted and don't look real :/

I really like the look of the two deathmatch maps, but the car map really hurts my eyes. Don't like the brick textures at all.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Is that the latest iteration of the ASMD?

Game bluescreens my work PC. Every other game works quite happily on it, so I don't know whats going on there.
  • neolith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neolith polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    The damage needs tweaking, its too heavy. I know they mentioned this in an interview that they were upping it, but its ridiculous. Double Damage is pointless if you have a rocket launcher. Pretty much tears through 50 armor and 100 health in one shot and you can queue 3 rockets : / Couldn't last in a tank for more than 15 seconds online, not very realistic.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I fully agree.

Right now DD is pointless, everything already is instakill or at least down in two goodaimed shots. Getting into a tank is a bad move in VCTF - it is suicide because you cannot dodge incoming missiles.
    Armor is also a waste of time - it doesn't matter if I just spawned or if I took the time to collect all the armor on the map, the weapons just go through it as if it were paper. In fact I really don't feel a difference to wearing no armor at all... frown.gif

The HUD/Menu could be better.

I really dislike that when you play online via gamepsy that every time you join a server gamespy launches a new instance of the game. It takes quite a while to load and more than once I found myself trying to connect to a full server due to the minute or so that passed until the game loaded. Why the chickens can't gamespy open a game with the already running UT3 instead of opening another one?

Apart from that it looks like a nice game. I really hope that people will start making lots of PPMs again (including me wink.gif)
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    Some Screens
    ut1.jpg
    The only bug i found

ut2.jpg
    Very cool how the legs of the walker move, they also use the walls.

ut3.jpg
    Its easy to destroy the walker with the invisible power up and then collecting the other power ups makes you much more dangerous as the walker. cool.gif

I like the damage of the weapons, UT was always about strafing and jumping to avoid to get hit. Maybe i just like it that way because im a huge instagib fan. smile.gif
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    Hrm. It looks fairly crap on my system, not even close to some of the shots posted in this thread. I can't see normal maps. Everything's grey. Surely my once-badass rig isn't so ancient that it can't run UT3 ..? The march of technology makes me despondent.

katze: those lines are modeled (I modeled it :P), but yeah, it doesn't look like it there. I dunno what's up! Still, that looks better than it does on my system.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    A bit disappointed with the visuals on the demo.
    The developer screenshots look amazing, but in reality the game is very washed out, overly bloomy and a bit low detail up close.
    Still a fun game, but a small let down, visually.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Played it for a fair bit last night, and it runs silky smooth with everything cranked to max and at full res.
    The run speed feels a little unnatural to me, but I got used to it after 5mins. I guess I've been playing too many Source engine based games as of late.
    Great game and looking forward to the full one.

-caseyjones
  • polygoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    polygoo polycounter lvl 17
    I played it and I dont see what everyone else is saying is so great, honestly the color palate is nasty and not pleasing to look at. From what I played in the demo the lighting seems very doom 3 esque with very little ambient, and overall too much contrast. The pixel density in a lot of areas is surprisingly very low on a lot of the environment assets. I feel that the detail normal maps are way over done. A lot of the environment assets look like plastic up close.

Overall the pixel density is very inconsistent in a lot of areas, the characters and some of the vehicles look decent resolution but there are many areas where things just look low texture res. From the screen shots I saw I was expecting a more consistent pass on textures and pixel density and better lighting.

On one of the maps I felt like I was staring into a pit of charcoal. Many things at times can look dark, burnt, and overdone.

Design wise i'm impressed, and a lot of the moving parts on the weapons is really cool, I also like the design of some of the vehicles, but I think the execution of the texture work could be done much better.

Why people think overdone contrast and wood surfaces that look like wet plastic looks good is beyond me. Taking a crappy wood texture and throwing a normal map on there and then post processing it to hell does not fix that fact that the wood texture is crappy to begin with

flame me all you want but i'm just being honest.
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    Damn it, it just black screens my machine and crashes out. I've got an older machine, but with a nice 8800 card. Tried a driver update, and no help.
  • MacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MacD polycounter lvl 18
    For those of you with crashing at startup, try to start the game and immediately set the cpu affinity to one single core. Helps out a lot of people I know.

As for the textures...people do know the demo only shipped with the medium dtail level textures, right?
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I'm wondering how well it will run on my 3.0ghz, 1gb ram, and 6800 Ultra, lower end settings I would hope still run silky smooth.

I've been LAN-ing it up with some coworkers a bit at lunch and its fun as hell. Just miss having those adrenaline pills!
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Honesty is good... So is having an informed opinion.

as others have said many times, they didn't include all the textures at full res. It's possible they knocked down any textures larger than 1024x1024 but didn't touch anything with a smaller sheet than that, so smaller object retain their original texel density but end up sitting on top of objects that only have half the resolution they should. Maybe. Or epic has somehow managed to make some very basic mistakes amidst such an artistically awesome and advanced game in an engine they wrote. Which sounds more likely?
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    For those of you with crashing at startup, try to start the game and immediately set the cpu affinity to one single core. Helps out a lot of people I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ughh... I can't even get to any screen. I run the game, the splash art page comes up, then black screen, computer lockup. I thought it might be the initial load, so gave it 5 minutes, but then my computer started beeping like it initially does on boot. But it was just frozen, and I had to re-boot the machine twice to get it stable again.

Tried running the game 5 times, same results on each.
  • Jay Evans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jay Evans polycounter lvl 18
    Ryno I saw this on the UT3 forums, for people who were crashing at the splash screen. If you can read through the disjointed writing I think there may be a fix worth trying there.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=579918

"3. Go to the Engine Folder....Then to Base Engine....Then Config
    4. Now this is the part where most ppl are having had times with saving having you changes made and notice popping up and read-only attribute....
    5. Right click on it and Properties and at The bottom of Attributes Uncheck and now you should be able to save the file smoothly with out that annoyance of "how the heck to you save it" lol.....lol :P
    6. Once in the Base Engine ctrl+f To find binitializeshadersondemand=false
    7. And now change that to True......"
  • polygoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Honesty is good... So is having an informed opinion.

as others have said many times, they didn't include all the textures at full res. It's possible they knocked down any textures larger than 1024x1024 but didn't touch anything with a smaller sheet than that, so smaller object retain their original texel density but end up sitting on top of objects that only have half the resolution they should. Maybe. Or epic has somehow managed to make some very basic mistakes amidst such an artistically awesome and advanced game in an engine they wrote. Which sounds more likely?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I certainly hope thats the case.. I find it hard to believe that they'd put out a demo with a texture cap on it, but who knows, I guess only time will tell. Personally, I wouldn't believe it until I hear an official word on this from a developer.

The meshes I speak of are so low that I'd be surprised that they require a 2k texture to look decent. They are so low that hey don't even look like a 1k.. unless its so poorly made that it requires a unique 2k texture to look ok.

And yes I do believe that they can make the mistake of having poor pixel density. Yes in perfect world there wouldn't be deadlines or people who lack talent in creating assets that arnt bloated, but unfortunately this isn't a perfect world.

We are not talking about tech, we are not talking about engine experience, we are talking about pure texture for texture quality and density, it doesn't matter that they made their own engine, they can still make mistakes artistically. Just because they wrote their own engine and are trained in their own tools doesn't mean they are shielded from making low quality textures, or not intelligently uv mapping an asset.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I gotta agree with the washed out pallette comments. I loved the previous games of the series, they were vibrant and bright. This game needs that Gears of War desaturation filter turned off.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    btw folks, the demo version has all the textures and so on half what the max is, so the max quality setting in the demo is closer to what normal setting will be with the full game.

r.

[/ QUOTE ]
    If ror says its so... It's so laugh.gif

-caseyjones
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    i can run it on low on my laptop. runs like shit, looks like shit, but at least it runs at all. back to source engine for me
  • Jay Evans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jay Evans polycounter lvl 18
    Haha. wow such varied opinions. Personally I think it looks totally kick ass. I can understand if you don’t dig the art direction or choice of post process filters. But the assets, textures, and design, for such a fast paced game rocks my socks.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    tried it on the internet and it was very difficult to play with about 100 ping, the players just move waaay too fast, predicting where they will be when you fire is a nightmare, well for me anyway. Bots are way more fun so far though I still think the gamespeed is a bit excessive sometimes.
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    The meshes I speak of are so low that I'd be surprised that they require a 2k texture to look decent. They are so low that hey don't even look like a 1k.. unless its so poorly made that it requires a unique 2k texture to look ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anistropic filtering is a must, try turning it on and maybe you won't see such 256x256ery along edges
  • CrazyButcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CrazyButcher polycounter lvl 18
    the source art is definitely awesome, just the final pictures I agree with those who think that the desaturated look, or the overthe edge detail normalmap making everything look a tad too wet, is something that if changed could improve the look. So my critic is mostly about the postprocess / shininess tweaks.

game itself is very cool, that walker level is just awesome, also like the weapon effects, designs and animations. Its like very close to be completely awesome. The screenshots at the end also seem more colorful/vibrant... anyway unparalleled work by the artists, just some minor tweaks by coders to rendering settings could work wonders imo.
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    More Screens
    ut4.jpg
    ut5.jpg
    ut6.jpg
    ut7.jpg
    ut8.jpg

Here are the cheats smile.gif
    Vehicles:
    summon utgamecontent.utvehicle_darkwalker_content
    summon utgamecontent.utvehicle_cicada_content
    summon utgamecontent.utvehicle_fury_content
    summon utgamecontent.utvehicle_paladin
    summon utgamecontent.utvehicle_nemesis

And the "Slow Volume":
    summon utgamecontent.utslowvolume_content

Also, in ShangriLa, you can type loaded and check out the translocator. Note: you'll be missing sounds from anything that isn't naturally in the level.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]

Well I certainly hope thats the case.. I find it hard to believe that they'd put out a demo with a texture cap on it, but who knows, I guess only time will tell. Personally, I wouldn't believe it until I hear an official word on this from a developer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried telling this to a player the other night, and got the same arguement. When I told him that there were game artists here from Epic, he basically stated that Epic people only hung out at the Epic forums, and I was trying to post a virus site... Nice.

Anyhow:
    http://boards.polycount.net/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=232262&page=0&fpart=4&vc=1

[ QUOTE ]
    btw folks, the demo version has all the textures and so on half what the max is, so the max quality setting in the demo is closer to what normal setting will be with the full game.

r.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at Rorshach email contact on his page if you still have a hard time accepting this.

Why did they? Simple. Think of how large a download it would have been otherwise.
  • polygoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well thats good to know, I feel better now knowing that their textures are capped in the demo... that explains some of the low pixel density problems. I thought the screenshots looked higer res, that explains why they look different.
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    Bear in mind the 2nd post i made, clarifying that it will not be a giant night and day difference, it wont be double the res though it will be higher.

If you are mostly happy with the demo, you are going to love the full game. If you hate the demo, you may still hate the full game. If inbetween, you may be pleasantly surprised by the full game.

r.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    'binitializeshadersondemand=false'
    chenged this to 'true' and now it crashes just before the level starts. thats an improvement surely:)

Assertion failed: InitializedMode [File:.\Src\D3D9Device.cpp] [Line: 783]

Stack:
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ryno I saw this on the UT3 forums, for people who were crashing at the splash screen. If you can read through the disjointed writing I think there may be a fix worth trying there.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=579918

"3. Go to the Engine Folder....Then to Base Engine....Then Config
    4. Now this is the part where most ppl are having had times with saving having you changes made and notice popping up and read-only attribute....
    5. Right click on it and Properties and at The bottom of Attributes Uncheck and now you should be able to save the file smoothly with out that annoyance of "how the heck to you save it" lol.....lol :P
    6. Once in the Base Engine ctrl+f To find binitializeshadersondemand=false
    7. And now change that to True......"

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Jay, that worked perfectly!
  • Motz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Motz polycounter lvl 12
    Is'nt this kinda false advertising? If you get people to play and run the game on max with the demo, they expect to be able to do the same with the full game. People make purchasing decisions based on demos, and there is no disclaimer that this is half texture res. Joe schmo will buy it based on it running well on max, set it to the same on the full version and complain how slow it was compared to the demo.

Also:
    Knowing now that I only get 45-50fps with an 8800gtx at HALF the max texture res. Why would I bother buying the full version knowing I wont see max textures with a 400$ video card? At least valve targets the majority card holder. No offense, great game and all and ill probably still pick it up. but how disappointing that they would intentionally or unintentionally trick peoples performance expectations.
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    joe shmoe can still run the game at the settings he had in the demo, they just wont be the max any more. It's not like the the full version's equivalent settings will somehow run slower. Are you really going to blame epic for a stupid user's mistake?

also: yah, what kind of company makes a game that will continue to look cutting-edge past its launch date? madness!
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Also:
    Knowing now that I only get 45-50fps with an 8800gtx at HALF the max texture res. Why would I bother buying the full version knowing I wont see max textures with a 400$ video card? At least valve targets the majority card holder. No offense, great game and all and ill probably still pick it up. but how disappointing that they would intentionally or unintentionally trick peoples performance expectations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well an x850gt 256mb on a single core a64 3200 gets roughly the same framerate at the same settings a x1900 gets on some coreduo i've discovered, it seems the game is more CPU bound than gpu, ans I've also get the same framerate at minimum settings

Try playing on some online server rather than bots, you'll notice a nice performance increase smile.gif