• Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    which means that somehow Nathan and Peter survived? blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They've already shown both of them in the NBC previews, so yeah smile.gif

Remember, Peter can regenerate. I'm sure that he told Nathan to let him go, before he exploded. So he got away in time.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    regenerate or not, we know peter can survive the blast in two ways:
    1. in the "5 years later" episode, he is clearly still alive.
    2. Ted survived 'asploding in clares house.

and i don't get NBC in england =[
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

1. in the "5 years later" episode, he is clearly still alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was in the timeline that they WERE on. Hiro's friend didn't die, which sent Hiro into the killer he was in that future also.

But, apparently Peter survives because he's in the commercials for this season smile.gif

Also, have you guys seen this: http://yamagatofellowship.org/videoEvents.shtml
    I just saw it today and it won't play the videos at work, so I don't know if it's cool or not, but it looked interesting.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    no what i meant was, Peter survives the 'asplosion regardless, as he was the one who exploded in that timeline too, and was very much alive.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    True.... I guess he was suppose to explode in that one also. I stand corrected wink.gif
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Peter, like Ted, probably would have survived the explosion. Ted was essentially immune to his own power - he didn't get burned up, his clothes were fine, etc - and Peter would be the same.

How Nathan survived, that remains to be seen, but I think the best explanation is that he let go of Peter in mid-flight. Nathan knows Peter can also fly, so it's just a (questionable) matter of timing it.
  • skrubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skrubbles polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    How Nathan survived, that remains to be seen, but I think the best explanation is that he let go of Peter in mid-flight. Nathan knows Peter can also fly, so it's just a (questionable) matter of timing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole reason why Peter didn't fly himself was because he wasn't in control of his powers. Maybe Nathan flies as high as he can, lets go, Peter explodes, and then Nathan catches him as he falls.

And just because Peter and Nathan are in the cast for the new season doesn't mean that they both survive. There can be flashbacks, memory alterations, shape-shifters, and illusionists that can explain why we're seeing one or the other tongue.gif
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    the only way i can see peter dying, is if he falls and slams his head on the ground. it was already established he can't regenerate if his brain is damaged.

did he ever come into contact with linderman by the way? if so he would be able to heal others too (but not ressurect, according to the graphic novels).

arg, i wanna watch the whole series again nao!
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I had no idea about the Heroes comics either. Then again, I wasn't the biggest fan of this show but still watched it all the same. Reading through them now though.

-caseyjones
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah the comics are pretty dope. Man I can't wait for this show to start. With all the crap like Flava Flaves hoetastic holiday bitches in heat from New York ghetto love train orgy fest on this summer I look forward to something I can actually enjoy watching.
  • skrubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a friendly reminder that the season 2 premiere of Heroes is TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes all those exclamation points were needed... actually more are needed, but I think some might find it annoying to have an entire page filled with them.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah i know it is and my happy ass will be picking up my copy of Halo 3 so I'll have to watch this later. GOD DAMN IT!!!!!

I wish I had tivo.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    wasnt there going to be 6 episodes where a hero would be introduced in each one ? or did i miss something ? also the making ofr episodes werent they 24 too ?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I start a new semester tonight... I wish I hadn't taken a Monday class frown.gif I'm going to be a day behind after every episode, and I KNOW I'm going to hear people talking about it before I get to see it. Damnit!
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    it's not out here in england yet, so i'll have to wait til tomorrow when someone has uploaded a it.

i need my heroes fix NAO!!! D:
  • skrubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually I tend to forget about shows at night. So I'll be doing with Heroes what I did last season. I have my DVR set to record every new episode, and I usually just up watching new episodes the next day after I wake up... drink my tea and watch Heroes = great way to start the day!
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Johny, I guess they missed that for this time, but they're doing it next year. After the winter hiatus, they'll be doing HEROES: Origins. They'll go into more details on the people, as well as introduce new ones.
  • skrubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Johny, I guess they missed that for this time, but they're doing it next year. After the winter hiatus, they'll be doing HEROES: Origins. They'll go into more details on the people, as well as introduce new ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was always planned for the winter hiatus. That way you get Heroes action during the Heroes downtime... GENIUS! For those that want more info, there's suppose to be a different director for each episode of Heroes: Origins, and the first director known to do one is Kevin Smith. Should be interesting smile.gif
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought the premiere was great. I felt attached to the new characters right away. In LOST, the new characters felt very out of place. They did it in a smart manner. Can't wait to find out more of the story laugh.gif
  • skrubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Everything was great! I particularly loved what was going on with Hiro and who he finds.... I wasn't expecting it to be like that at all.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    i loved the first episode, the ending was like "WOAHHHH"

i personally think Hiro is going to take the identity of the legendary swordsman, and end up being the person he reads about as a child... little bit of a paradox, but why not?
  • skrubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've been thinking the same thing... man, I really want to watch chapter two right NOW!
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah, I was screaming that during commercials to my roommate gir. I'd be shocked if that isn't the case. The twist with the 9 left bit is cool too. I'm anxious to see what the deal is with that.
  • Spoon_of_death
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon_of_death polycounter lvl 17
    Nathan having his beard while mourning is SOOOOO Bold and the Beautiful hehe
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Anyone notice the symbol on Kensei's sword handle is the same as that on Peter and the photos? I THINK THERE'S A CONNECTION!?!?
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ahh the new episode is online... i'll be back to post more after i watch it... YAY!!!
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    what was with nathans hideously burned face in the mirror?

you know what gets my goat though... all the "japan" stuff looks like it was filmed in midwest america. I keep expecting to see little house in the prarie or dukes of hazzard in the background. Those are not trees that grow in Japan. Find me a plain of grass on a nice hill (eclipse scene) and I'll give you my finest hat.

It was bad enough with the "japanese" metro train in the first season, or hiros "japanese" clock, or the fact that the guy who plays hiro is the only Japanese on set. They could do better.

And the Irish accents??

"I tink its number tree" - OK heroes is now slightly comical for me.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Was it Nathan's face? or Peter's? I saw it as Peter's face that was haunting him. But it flashed so quickly, I wasn't able to tell.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    omg omg i want the next episode NOW!!! Holy cow this show just gets better and better. The ending...he doesn't remember and what / who was it that attackeed Hiros dad...

I also think Hiro will become the swordsmen... Damn it...so many questions and not enough answers....
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    i want more Sylar D:

he is one of the best TV villains to appear in almost 10 years by my count. he's just too awsome blush.gif

oh, and they shouldn't film + release at the same time, they should like, film every episode, then release them all a day after the other. i'd gladly take my years 21 days of holiday allowance to watch them all in a row :P
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another glaring plot hole:

in season one, Noah Bennet and his wife are on the run from the company, staying in a hotel. The shape changer lady is sent to infiltrate and impersonate his wife. One can only conclude that his wife is dead because after that scene, we no longer see his wife during season 1!

Glaring breasts:

Dania Ramirez appears to have grown quite a bit since x-men...

ramirez.jpg
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    lol hawken.

i actually think the mother thing can be explained. did bennett ask the haitian (where is that f00 anyway?) to wipe his memory after he found out his wife was being impersonated?

if so, he probably suspects the company have infiltrated his house...somehow, but isn't sure how, as when they are sat round the dinner table, he and clare are very like "nothing interesting happened at all today.."

acting as though someone were listening in.

that being said, we only know that mrs. bennett is ill in season 1 with cancer, she could have been in hospital (which is where we last saw her) for the remainder of the series.

as for the ugly chick who has big tits now? well, at least she's TRYING to look good?
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    as for the ugly chick who has big tits now? well, at least she's TRYING to look good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugly? Man those are some high standards.
  • skrubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I honestly don't think the illusionist woman is impersonating his wife. Why the hell would Bennet bother hiding from the Company, if he he suspected that?!?! I think the illusionist is too busy dealing with Sylar anyway.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not your type eh?
  • Spoon_of_death
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon_of_death polycounter lvl 17
    yeah, that irish accent was pretty hilarious! 'tird ro back' It looked like peter was surprised he could use his powers so fast, maybe he had some secret training in those months he was gone?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    i actually think the mother thing can be explained. did bennett ask the haitian (where is that f00 anyway?) to wipe his memory after he found out his wife was being impersonated?

[/ QUOTE ]I think he died? Maybe that was in the future that never happened... I need to go back and watch them all again, but I am pretty sure he died.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    i'm disappointed we're not gonna find out what power hiros dad has frown.gif
  • skrubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gir - I'm sure we're going to find that out. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Takai in the past with Hiro at some point. I think Takai is immortal (longliving, but can still be killed). That's how and why he became a bad-ass with a sword and why he tells Hiro the story of Takezo Kensei. I was pleased to hear Takai say something in the last episode that furthered my belief in him being immortal... he said something to the effect of "I'm a patient man."
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn that was awesome. Not like over the top crazy but it was bringing some stuff back. Peter. Oh man... The haitian is back. I want to know who the little girl sees and is the bad man. It's not syler because they said that in the first season. I'm wondering if it's that girl from south americas brother. WHAT THE FUCK is up with those two?

Damn it it just keeps getting better. Hiro was a total bad ass. Mrs. Patrelli was almost knocked off. Jesus bring on next week already.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    I CAN'T FIND IT ONLINE, I NEED THIS MORE THAN I NEED MY NEXT GRAM OF COKE D:
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'll bet the bad man is actually Kensei.

Great episode last night. Peter is fucking badass now. Hiro's kicking ass and Claire can regenerate? WTFZ!?
    GIMME MOAR!
  • Em.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Em. polycounter lvl 17
    Pretty crazy when Takezo Kensei got shot by those arrows at the end...anyone else wonder if he's related to Claire?
    The toe chopping was pretty intense too.

I'm glad this show didn't get cancelled like most of the shows I end-up lovin, like the show that was previously in Heros' spot, Surface.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    What if Takezo Kensei is/was Nathan and Peter's dad?
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    What if Takezo Kensei is/was Nathan and Peter's dad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I was wondering. He has to be related to the story some how.

I dont think Kensei is the bad man. I really think the two from South America are gonna turn out to do some bad things.

I just want next weeks episode already.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    i'm betting i'm very wrong about this, but everything the killer has done so far could have been done by hiro.
    he could have placed the photos in the paper and in front of mrs petrelli easily enough, jumping off a building isn't going to matter much to someone who can teleport. mrs petrelli's seizure could be done by him speeding up her heart or whatever. that's a stretch but he controls time, and we've seen him slow down time as well as stop it, so it's plausible he could eventually learn to speed things up too. he could easily be one of the nine members given how often he's travelled through time.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    oh man... heroes is baaadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssss!!!

heh, i'm willing to bet Takezo Kensei is the killer :P
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    i'm disappointed we're not gonna find out what power hiros dad has frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Hiro's father is part of the old generation, which also includes Ms.Petrelli. My guess is that Hiro's father is actually the "sword maker" in feudal Japan, and that his power will be revealed in that time.
    Kensei is obviously part of this old group as well, as was revealed in Monday's episode. It's still my belief that he's probably the "bad man" on today's timeline. Since he can heal, he could have easily gone off the edge with Mr.Nakamura and walked away unscathed.
  • Ozymandias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ozymandias polycounter lvl 18
    I just watched the new episode, I have to wait until Tuesday night here in South Korea before I can watch it on tvlinks, which is grueling. I absolutely love the new season so far, and Claire being able to regenerate is just awesome.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vassago I never thought about hiros dad being the sword maker. That would make sense if you think about it. Wow that would be crazy.

Kensei does seem like an interesting person and could possibly be the bad man. Maybe thats why hiros dad said he never thought that it would be him.

God I love this show. I seriously haven't been into a tv show like this and just want the rest of the week to go by so I can get my next episode.

Only the second episode of the new season and we have seen a lot of cool stuff already.

If anyone hasn't seen this show yet you really need to get the dvds and watch season 1. It is just amazing and has an awesome story and is just well awesome.