Home General Discussion

stranglehold demo on xblive

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
Its pretty sweet! Everything in the level is destructable, and you can use the objects as weapons for enemies. The demo has sold me laugh.gif

Replies

• Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah I was gonna post this earlier looks like you beat me to it. Yeah I was a little iffy at first but it just got better and better as time went by.
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    a) i dpn't have an xbox 360 yet
    b) i can't find the PC demo download anywhere..... im about to burst!!!! i need my shot of Tequila right noowww!!!

so how's the game looking?
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Yep, I'm sold. Damn cool action. Can't wait to pick the sucker up.
  • Robert Headley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Robert Headley polycounter lvl 18
    yeah, but I'm pretty sure everything in stranglehold is old school destructable.. meaning you have a mesh, then you have that mesh broken up into a billion parts and you just switch them out.

Im more interested in things that destruct dynamically, but I'm sure I'll check the game out, just not on my PC.

Those minimum requirements are insane.

Windows XP SP2 / VISTA (Games for Windows compliant)
    Dual Core Processor
    2 Gigs of Ram
    Nvidia 7800 or higher / ATI x1300 or higher
    Disk space: 15 gigs
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    Minimum, I comfortably beat... but... What the hell are the Recommended specs? blush.gif

4 Gigs Ram, Quad-Core and a G80? laugh.gif

Downloading the 360 demo now...
  • FAT_CAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP polycounter lvl 18
    RE: Robert Headley - Yeah the stuff in Stranglehold is "old school destructable" but this is the first real effort from Midway into next-gen and the team was forging ahead on its own from a while back... alot of the other teams have built on the technology that those guys had to get nailed down pretty early in the process.

The actual amount of desturctability in some levels is insane though!
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Their min-spec on PC is quite ridiculous smile.gif
    What do you need 15gb of HDD space for!?
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Their min-spec on PC is quite ridiculous smile.gif
    What do you need 15gb of HDD space for!?

[/ QUOTE ]

You forget, this is next gen. We need 1024x1024 maps for all our nine-million-per-object gib models!
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    I downloaded and played through it. I cant say I'm as impressed as everyone else, but it was fun. It felt (and kinda looked) a lot like Total Overdose, which was average and last gen. John Woo fans will love it and the action is definitely fun though cool.gif

Edit: Oh yea and the destructibility. Man its just like real life when I walk around and everthing I touch explodes mad.gif
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I remember seeing some videos of this game running and it seemed to look more like an xbox1/ps2 game than what the initial screenshots looked like. So how does the game actually look?
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    It was fun. I really didn't like the lighting in the level. There isn't a lot of contrast in it. The color palette in the level is all over the place too. The gameplay was fun. But I really can't see myself spending $60 on this when Halo 3, Ratchet Future, and with a slew of other games coming out this fall.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    It does look kinda last gen with some added next gen typed assets added - loads of particles and... not a whole hell of a lot else. Gun fights are still mad chaotic fun, even if its not the prettiest game around.

Bonus points to the demo for having multiple unlocks for playing through several times.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    This game was fun for about 30 minutes.
    I'm sure full version will be better, but something about the lighting really bothered me.
    Game is pretty fun though, and multiplayer will probably be a hell of fun
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    While it isn't the most beautiful game out there (still nice looking), that was a ridiculous amount of fun. They don't even allow you to do half the moves of the full game but it still was plenty to entertain the hell out of me for 30 minutes. I loved shooting the wooden boxes that people were hiding behind and watching them get blown to pieces. Very cool.