Seige Weapons!
level 80!
Death Knight Hero Class!!!

Replies

• Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Ok so there will be one hero class?? Like how it works? Like druid becomes death knigh and warrior becomes death knight and oh mage becomes death knight and so on and on???
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    no once you get to level 80 there is a quest chain you can undertake which will unlock the class. the Death Knight will then be selectable from the character creation screen and the class starts around level 55, 60 or 70 (they haven't decided).
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Does it destroy your current character or is it a new character?
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almost positive it just opens the class up for when you go to make a new character.

maybe i should resubscribe. i might even be able to get to 70 by the time this expansion is released (probably some time next year)....
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Wrath of the Lich King? Jeez sounds like Wrath of the Witch King which would be Lord of the Rings and that helmet looks very much like Saurons in many ways.

Never really got into WOW. Played for 2 weeks with a trial and formatted my system to remove all remaining files possible. Just didn't really bite me as being as much fun as people say.

I do like the cinematics though.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Le sigh... kind of makes me want to get back into the damnedable game. Oh well. :P
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

//edit: Im excited, and i'll play it, but my above comment still stands.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    How can blizzard do this to people with a clean conscience?
    Just as my friend is about to quit, they announce this?
    And siege weapons/destructable buildings seem like they're trying to make people think warhammer is copying them (yes, my friend thinks that)
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    so another expansion?
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    do we really need another flavor of crack?
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    [ QUOTE ]
    How can blizzard do this to people with a clean conscience?
    Just as my friend is about to quit, they announce this?
    And siege weapons/destructable buildings seem like they're trying to make people think warhammer is copying them (yes, my friend thinks that)

[/ QUOTE ]

dunno, quitting then hearing this would probably put the nail in the coffin if he really wanted to quit. less grind and bs to worry about smile.gif
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    no once you get to level 80 there is a quest chain you can undertake which will unlock the class. the Death Knight will then be selectable from the character creation screen and the class starts around level 55, 60 or 70 (they haven't decided).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooookay... When/before WoW was released they said each class gets like 3 hero classes and so on, now it seems like they going cheap and just doing one. Can you imagine how many death knights there will be? Like every 2nd char will be one. Totally lame...
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    I agree Toomas. Blizzard knows they have everyone by the balls so they don't have to release tons of new and good content. Look at how much extra shit has been added to Guild Wars since its release. They are the ones who are busting balls to mix the game up for players, and they don't even have a subscription fee!
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    When/before WoW was released they said each class gets like 3 hero classes and so on, now it seems like they going cheap and just doing one.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh didn't they say that back before/during the beta for WoW? you know 3 years or so ago? they scrapped that idea of Hero Classes a long time ago from what the WoW forum CMs repeatedly said.

as for the number of Hero Classes. there's this from the live blog during the BlizzCon expansion demo panel:

1:36pm: Hero classes are Unlocked, allows us to release more in the future. Can't release them all at one time, because of game balance, but what it boils down to is your favorite WCIII heroes, playable.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    I fear that I may never see dear sweet Benjamin again.
    Or my uncle
    Or my cousins
    Or my aunt
    oh lawd
  • jgarland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm really looking forward to this. It's been a while since I've seriously put time into the game, and I think this might just be the excuse to do so. The Burning Crusade content was all fine and dandy, but there was nothing particularly "new" about it. I'd love to have a new class to play with and learn.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    the thing that has me jazzed the most is the quality of art direction/concepts/and art of these new environments. BC was pretty, but it felt too mysterious to have history. This new content seems to be as centered around "Warcraft" history moreso than the Outlands feel of "hey there are a bunch of dudes who ran here!"

hope they start being a little more liberal with texture sizes, or maybe increasing pixel shader usage into the main-stream environments, and not saved for specific character effects (ie more volumetrics, maybe some dof, motion blur - though would be TERRIBLE at lower fps's :P)
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Can't release them all at one time, because of game balance

[/ QUOTE ]

when has the game ever had balance? tongue.gif
    it took 2 years for them to get all the base classes 'balanced'
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea lol @ it being balanced. The hybrid classes were so totally broken for ages, thy didnt care.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    paladin is still broken. worst dps ever.
  • greenj2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Man, my desire to play more WoW, BC and eventually this is matched only by my loathing of their slow, grinding XP system. Really want to play but I can't justify the amount of time needed to get anywhere. Agree about the singular new hero class thing too. You'll just end up with millions of death knights running around for a while. Until people get sick of them.
  • Asthane
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asthane polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Agree about the singular new hero class thing too. You'll just end up with millions of death knights running around for a while. Until people get sick of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You say that as if it's not common in every MMO that ever gets an expansion wink.gif Not that I'm defending WoW or anything. I avoid it as a rule.
  • greenj2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, that's true. Most MMO's I've played offer at least two new classes per expansion. Which makes sense to me, adds a bit of variety and balance. Only having the one extra class seems like a bad move regarding gameplay balance and also removes some elements of individualism and player choice within the game. Not to mention being a blatant carrot on a stick feature. Just have to wait and see how it plays out I guess.