Home General Discussion

PS3 $100 bucks cheaper

Replies

• Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    That or at least use a higher quality lubricant on us.

I personally hope the PS3 bombs hard in Europe, not for any malicious or fanboy reasons, but just to (hopefully) teach Sony something, and (hopefully) avoid such bollocks in the future.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok so let me get this straight, so sony is just as fucked with their $600 console now almost twice as expensive as a 360, aside from this month long price drop, and they forced ms down closer to the price of the wii? Wow, smart guys there.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Apparently all that stuff said about the 60gb version only selling what's in stock by SCEE was wrong. SCEA replied to it saying that the 60gb version won't be going anywhere.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    More Sony word games

[ QUOTE ]
    Kaz Hirai himself says the one SKU strategy is the plan. He told Scandinavian website VGTV, "[We do not] have a 2 SKU strategy in the US, we learned very quickly customers respond better to having one SKU than two. We dropped the price on the 60GB model, as you know that model is no longer in production, once it's no longer on store shelves it will just be the $600 SKU."

[/ QUOTE ]

link
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    Apparently all that stuff said about the 60gb version only selling what's in stock by SCEE was wrong. SCEA replied to it saying that the 60gb version won't be going anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got a link for that? Cause I got one that says otherwise:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26704

If this is real, I cannot believe how stupid this is of Sony. We're going from a $500 model and a $600 model to one $600 model with 20GB more storage? They have the fucking audacity to call that a price drop? What a bunch of fucking assholes.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Yea, doc_rob, apparently that info was incorrect. There's been a lot of back and forth crap on this. I don't think even Sony knows what Sony's doing. :S
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Wow sony is seriously confusing. Like you said I don't even think they know what they are doing. When does the Sony madness end?
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    [ QUOTE ]
    Wow sony is seriously confusing. Like you said I don't even think they know what they are doing. When does the Sony madness end?

[/ QUOTE ]

When people are sitting around going "hey guys what's the difference between the Dreamcast and the PS3? The Dreamcast had a library of fantastic games when it died and will be cherished forever as a cult classic."
    smile.gif

I waiting a year and a half before I bought my 360 because there weren't any launch titles that interested me. Right now the PS3 has some decent games but doesn't have any system sellers in my opinion, and probably won't until MGS4, and I'm not going to drop $660 for MGS4 considering I didn't like MGS3 that much.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Both Kaz Hirai (U.S) and David Reeves (Europe) have stated that they are selling out the 60GB stock, in order to sell only the $599 model (this is only happening in the U.S).

From David Reeves interview: [ QUOTE ]
    "All they're doing is taking their stock in trade that they've got at the moment of the 60GB model, marking the price down and it will all be gone by the end of July."

When asked to clarify if this will mean the end of the 60GB model, Reeves answered, "In America, yes."

[/ QUOTE ]

From Kaz Hirai: [ QUOTE ]
    "From a hardware perspective, the $499 price adjustment we did for the 60GB version for the American market, we're no longer in production for that product." He said in an unedited on-camera interview. "Once that product is gone from the retailer shelves, then we're back to a $599 SKU only, so it's not like we have a two-price strategy in the US market."

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly seems final to me.
    I picked up my 60GB system today after work ^_^
    No point paying $100 in the future for a mere 20GB more and a game I don't want.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    My brother works for 'The Sony Store' and he was told the 60GB versions were being sold out. He also confirmed Motorstorm sucks and isn't worth being part of the additional $100 you pay back into that package.