Home General Discussion

E3 '07

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
So uhh... yea, it's happening eh? Haha, it seems fairly subdued this year so far. I was wondering though, anyone know where I can get video of the MS press conference?

G4 is suckin the big one, as is gamespot... anyone know of anywhere reliable to get good quality video of it all?

Replies

• Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, if anyone else is interested there's a shat quality version up at gamespot - http://www.gamespot.com/video/0/6174084/videoplayerpop?rgroup=e32007_live

I'm still watching it, hadn't really realized how flippin ridiculously good the 360's holiday line up was until they did their montage. Like seriously, there's so many amazing games coming... :|
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    yeah this years holiday lineup starting around the end of august through xmas scares the fuck out of me and how much money i'm gonna be dishing out for games I have to have. It's gonna be crazy as hell.

Some other stuff from E3.

- Gears of War and Viva Pinata confirmed for PC.
    - Gears will come with a level editor.
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Most will get delayed to xmas 2008 or 2009.
    Anyways i think MS covers their E3 on Xbox Live, atleast there was some announcement about it. Should include trailers, demos and MS presentations.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    assasin's creed
    bioshock
    gta4
    fallout 3
    = WINNAR
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    bunch of videos are on xbox live marketplace already including a blue dragon demo, couple halo vids, pgr4 vid

golden axe with live multiplayer and sonic (original) are on live arcade.
  • Joseph Silverman
  • Turoid
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    Dutch awesomeness

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21490.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Shit, that looks ingame to me. That's fucking HOT.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    - Gears of War and Viva Pinata confirmed for PC.
    - Gears will come with a level editor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fuck vista and the games it road in on.

While I am kind of warm to Microsoft making an effort to pave over the void they ripped in the PC market a few years ago. I can not say I like them forcing games to only be on THE new OS, just to help peddle it. I hope someone recompiles GoW...
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    dude, chill. Gears is coming out on XP and Vista.

With editing tools smile.gif Hello 40k mod smile.gif
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    (Cough) I believe its already been confirmed that Gears of War will run on XP PCs, not just Vista. Epic doesn't belong to Microsoft. And they aren't stupid. They know that Vista's adoption rate hasn't exactly been...stellar. Microsoft can force their in-house developers to push games onto Vista exclusively. But they don't have the leverage to do the same with Epic.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NICE! That's the first news I have heard that GoW will be on anything besides Vista. Good news indeed.

40k mod =) I feel light headed.
    Warmachine mod =D I filled my pants.
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey, sorry about opening another thread for E3 discussions.... i hadn't seen this one! [i'd just woken up and posted].

well, if you want to read my thoughts about the assassin's creed video:

1) didn't like the digital touch during play. Got into the way of the medieval feel. The weird digital distortions with the bluish tint, and the small txt indicators and descriptors when u change ur target felt kinda irritating, and even forced.

2) I was kinda' worried about not seeing the hay fly, and not seeing people react to this guy in white and red flying down against a yellowish backdrop into that pile of hay. jade raymodn: "luckily no-one saw that." uhhh what?

3) animations at the start did look a little iffy. animations during the free running session was great though!

4) where's the physics? that body that floated above ground may be a 'bug,' but if the physics engine is active like in the fight, then the body should still have tumbled down! Speaking of physics, when in the fight, that guy was thrown into the scaffolding; why did he fly into the air?

5) speaking of the fight: uber-greatness! the countering loks nice, and the brilliant camera movements are adding to the flair. Only unfortunate bit was that it seemed like they were coming at you one at a time. Multi-direction fighting should be a norm these days!

6) "Free running," "par cour" (parkour?) or simply uber-awesomness... whatever you want to call it, it was great. The only thing i'm wondering is, if you don't have a great memory of your recon mission, you won't be able to use ur skills in the middle of a chase. Maybe if u can set up 'beacons' during recon, that appear on a minimap during the second half of the mission, that would be great!

7) What were the alternates? What were the other choices in this mission? Possibly force ur way through the front door. What else? I don't see u entering a muslim's palace with christian monks [for example].

that's my thoughts for AC thus far. Hopefully these things will ne cleared up soon. They do have time till mid September (i would think) if they want to sell by november. Can't wait to see more on this game as the week continues.

you might be thinking, why only assassin's creed.. .well, cuz it's my most anticipated game for the year lol!
    peace!
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    GoW with 5 extra chapters with AA + AF... YES PLZ!

Lost Odyssey looks like a really good RPG to me, reminiscent of the playstation Final Fantasys... Before it all turned to shit.

UT3, I'm lost for words, just hope it hurries up :P

Killzone2 trailer impressed me despite dipshit comments on gametrailers that it's every bit like the pre-rendered cinematic (morons). I doubt it'll sway me to purchase a ps3 any quicker.

The news of MGS4's Fragile "Exclusive" title has my hopes up on a 360 release. Which will definately impede my purchasing of a ps3.

360 Elite for Europe in August.. Bout fuckin time.

Mass Effect November release, Too long! I need now! frown.gif

Burnout Paradise looks absolutely shit hot, the amount of effort put in definately shows, as with PGR4 and it's weather effects.

Resi 5 looks promising though I'm not entirely certain that killing posessed natives AGAIN is really gonna be stellar. However when the negro starts profusely bleeding/rotting, definately looked cool. Has potential, not nearly enough gameplay/story details.

Oh, and Halo Wars is looking great u Ensemble tools! wink.gif
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was very impressed with the MS stuff. They have an incredible line up and added some incredibly important shit.

Partnering with Disney? The marketplace just got a major score, and it's finally coming to Canada! laugh.gif

Be interesting to see what Nintendo and Sony show now. laugh.gif

The Scene it thing actually has me quite interested as well. I'm wondering if there are plans to use those controllers for other similar "party" style games.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    Finally some Unreal Tournament 3 news!!!

Looks like it is going to be coming out in November (but this IS Epic we are talking about).

New trailer here...

http://download.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_unrealtournament3_e32k7_h264.wmv

Definatly going to get GoW for PC
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    UT 3 looks like so much fun! Cant wait to play it after all the "delays" (and the name change). smile.gif
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well... nintendo's was pretty disappointing. WiiFit... wtf is that? I missed the first little bit though, anything interesting announced that I might've missed out on?

Considering that it was so seemingly underwhelming though, and that MS didn't make any huge announcements, Sony's got a good opportunity.

And yea... Unreal 3 looks freakin sexy. Found it funny when it said "From the studio that brought you Gears of War" though. smile.gif
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    no nothing really interesting. mariokart is coming next year, with fulti multiplayer support and the steering wheel... if that floats ur boat.

but i'm gonna be mising the Sony one right now [gotta go somewhere]. I just wanted the Microsoft and Sony ones [don't quite care for Nintendo sorry] so in case i miss anything uber-interesting, please post the stuff here.

UNREAL 3? no questions about it.... imma buy it, for PC 360 and PS3 [even though im not buying a PS3.... wait, is it even coming to PS3? even if it isn't, ill buy another game, and replace its cover with one of UT3...] thats how much i'm loving it!
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, as much as I still hate Sony, they really have a chance to gain back some credibility if they show something cool- full-sized "hardcore" downloadable games? Some new exclusive?

Wii Fit looks kind of cool if you play a lot of DDR like I do, and the zapper looks kind of neat, although Guncon 4 looks like it will be more comfortable for extended play sessions.

Microsoft did fine. Nothing new, but a good solid lineup while keeping their next year lineup mostly under wraps. They may still have something to show after the Sony presser I wonder?
  • Pseudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pseudo polycounter lvl 18
    Where are you guys streaming from? I can't get the GVtv or the Gamespot streams to work for the Sony conference.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I got em both to work.
  • Ninjas
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mario Kart Wii presentation was like totally lamest ive seen. The guy wanted to sound like they have found a cure for cancer and aids and war.
    Ffs there is nothing dramatic about the wheel attachment for the game. Like wasnt there a launch car game that had it??
    And it looked like it could run on N64 -.-
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    MGS4 trailer was stunning -- Raiden vs Vamp knife/swordfight was awesome.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    BAM! Unreal 3 tournament ps3 exclusive also play UE3 pc mods on your ps3.. awesome awesome... i wonder how well this work.. seems a pretty awesome move for sony..
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    Epic has officially given the finger to the fans that made them what they are... (I don't care if it's only a difference of a few months... I was looking forward to this game too much to hear that it's going to be a PS3 exclusive for any amount of tmie)

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/47891

Fans looking to play the next entry in Epic Games' multiplayer shooter series will need to wait until 2008, unless they own a PlayStation 3.

During Sony's E3 press event this morning, the company announced that both Unreal Tournament 3 (PC, PS3, X360) and Free Radical Design's shooter Haze will be released exclusively on the PlayStation 3 this year. Both titles will be debuting on the system this November.

edit: bah, arsh beat me to it. BUT I HAS A LINK!

EDIT NUMBER TOO: OK OK NOT FUCK EPIC BUT STILL FUCK SONY. It's going to be ps3 AND pc exclusive. Shacknews lied. Here is the REAL news: http://e3.gamespot.com/story.html?sid=6174170&tag=latestnews;title;1
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    UT3 PS3 exlusive meaning its not coming for PC either? Or just not for 360?

(edit)
    WTF whores selling out to Sony, niiiice not gonna buy this shit most likely then.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Its coming out for the PC and PS3 at the same time.

Doesn't matter to me, its going to be the best on the PC like anything else.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    i think it's another sony fuckup regarding the use of word "exclusive" ....
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Meh..another pretty boring presentation...
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    i think it's another sony fuckup regarding the use of word "exclusive" ....

[/ QUOTE ]

"Exclusive" in the console world, meaning it won't be coming to the 360 or Wii. In general the PC isn't considered part of the console war between Sony, MS & Nintendo.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    I think I was secretly hoping they would show the follow up to Shadow of the Colossus. That would have been enough to put them over the top.
  • FatAssasin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FatAssasin polycounter lvl 18
    It is coming to the 360, just later than the PS3. So not really "exclusive".
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    Oh I understand that. But i was liked to the live steam of the keynote and i am quite sure he misused the word quite a few times on some of the thirdparty multiplatform titles.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    ahh yes it seems its not really exclusive, sony is just getting it first..
    anybody know if 360 users will be able to play PC created mods?
    This seems pretty big as right now its the only plausible way for anyone to create content for consoles that can be easily accessed and distributed.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea, the UT3 thing was a bit of a surprise. I'll be getting it for PC, but I gotta wonder why that decision was made. One of the guys at work brought up a good point about some of these "exclusives" (Haze forsure, maybe UT3?) actually being delayed on 360 because of Halo. Too much competition, so they're holding back on their release for the 360 kinda thing.

All in all I figure Sony definitely had the most interesting new announcements. MS has by far the most solid line up coming into the holiday season... Nintendo was a MAJOR let down.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    ok after reading the article again i'm not worried. i would rather have it on pc then my 360 anyways and Gears for pc is coming with an editor as well.
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fracture.....
    oh
    my
    lord!
    The terraforming capabilities [and the ai reacting to it] seems like its gonna rock! another game to add to my list! [for next yer unfortunately].
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Metal Gear 4 no longer a PS3 exclusive, either. It's coming 360, biatches!
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Metal Gear 4 no longer a PS3 exclusive, either. It's coming 360, biatches!

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm, much as I'd like that, when was that announced? I know there's rumours, but I've yet to see anything even approaching confirmation.
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well the little ticker tape at the bottom of G4Tech TV states that it remains an exclusive?
  • Asherr
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
    From the videos, MP3:Corruption looks much better than past footage. Super Mario Galaxy will be a "must have." My wife was totally digging Endless Ocean...and I think I was too. Mario Kart Wii was expected...but no footage but a couple screenies. Battalion Wars 2 looks really sweet. Wii games for the Fall will be in abundance. Still looking forward to Square Enix's stuff as well. (Not to mention Opoona looks very cool).
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Killzone 2, Lair, MGS4, UT3, Haze, Call of Duty 4, Resident Evil 5, Assassins Creed. Damn you Sony, that lineup is making it fucking hard to choose a console.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Killzone 2, Lair, MGS4, UT3, Haze, Call of Duty 4, Resident Evil 5, Assassins Creed. Damn you Sony, that lineup is making it fucking hard to choose a console.

[/ QUOTE ]

List fixed -

Killzone 2, Lair, MGS4
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Just because they aren't exclusive doesn't mean they aren't part of the lineup.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

List fixed -

Killzone 2, Lair, MGS4

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-fixed
    - Killzone 2
    - MGS4
    - Assassins Creed

wink.gif

Although bear in mind, Assassins Creed is coming to 360 as well.
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well, asmuel, consider this... Assassin's Creed claims to have better AI on 360. Mass Effect, Fable 2... 360 exclusives [may come to pc, but not ps3]. RE5 is Xbox 360 aswell. UT3 will come on PC. Killzone 2, Lair, MGS4 [which (i bet) will come to PC in a few years] and Haze are good reasons to get the ps3, but... the 360 still seems stronger in my opinion, plus with an easier-to-digest price tag.
    And who knows, rumours state that the elite will be cut down to cost as much as the pro, pro as the core, and core even less... rumours. oh, and live gold might become free [rumours once again].

i was also on the fence [moreso because of Heavenly sword and DMC4 tbh... but DMC4 is 360 aswell], but i am leaning more towards the 360.