Home Technical Talk

Chuggnuts UV Tools

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
Hey I love these tools but does anyone know if you can set up hot keys for some of the functions. Mainly the vert alignment functions. It would speed things up greatly.

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I created a thread about this a while back for the exact same reason smile.gif

I now have I and O set to align vertically and horizontally, respectively. P "collapses" by aligning both vertically and horizontally.

I don't have the script here, but at home I set it up to find which sub-object mode you're in - if in Edge mode when you press it, it gets the Loop selection of the current edge, converts it to verts (since the operation only works on verts), and aligns them. Pretty handy.

I still need to build in some error handling because currently I sometimes hit I or O when not editing UVs, and this causes a script error.

Sorry I can't post them here at the moment, the thread has some working script examples though.

Thread here: http://boards.polycount.net/showflat.php...true#Post137274
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Dude you rock. So from what I get from this is that I can hack his code, assign it to my own scripts / buttons and then assign a hot key to it.

Hmm that might actually be pretty easy.

Am I on the right track here?
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    He did release the turbo unwrap beta. I emailed him awhile back about adding hot keys... I gathered that the turbo unwrap was the update to the tools and you can assign hotkeys to everything there.The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't integrate like the script does. I tried the plugin in max 7 and 8 and seems to work fine. I have yet to use Max 9 so no comment.

Alex
  • FatAssasin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FatAssasin polycounter lvl 18
    I have a set of uv alignment scripts you can assign to hotkeys here: http://jhaywood.com/maxScripts.htm

Chuggnut's Turbo Unwrap plugin was made for Max 6 and so won't work with 9 or above. If anyone here can contact him, maybe try and get him to do a recompile for the newer Max versions.

And the older script version of his unwrap tools should still work with new versions of Max, but it's basically a replacement for the UV Unwrap Editor window launcher, so when you use it, you're getting the Max 5 version of the editor and losing the newer menu items (but not functionality) of the newer versions of Max. I know people that have been using it for a long time and didn't know that there have been updates to the unwrap editor because they keep overwriting the script that launches the window with these uv tools. It's a great set of tools to have around, but ideally the code would be re-integrated into each new version of Max.
  • Pope Adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pope Adam polycounter lvl 11
    okay so it's been like 2 years but this thread doesn't seem to have been fully taken care of. Jesse and I still dont have any UV aligners that work with hotkeys lol

I still use Chuggnuts UV tools... anyone found a way to link keys up to this script yet?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    http://boards.polycount.net/showthread.php?t=60553
    Missed this thread did ya?

If that's too much to work with just for align scripts you can try out James Haywood's UV align scripts. Or Soulburn's scripts, he has a good flatten UV script also.

But both of those packages come with a lot of other scripts. I have written a custom set I use, I could dig it up and dust it off if you're interested in smashing a line of verts/edges horiz or vertical, can be added to a hotkey, quad menu, or toolbar.
  • vik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vik polycounter lvl 13
    FatAssasin wrote: »
    I have a set of uv alignment scripts you can assign to hotkeys here: http://jhaywood.com/maxScripts.htm

Have been using FatAssasin`s script for quite some time now (never knew he was a pc`er :>) they work great!