Home General Discussion

Happy Father's Day!

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
ebagg polycounter lvl 17
I know it's a holiday dolled up by hallmark and the like, but hopefully the kids made you a nice hand drawn card to put up at the office, told your dad thanks for being so great and maybe got a lil something something from the missus. Happy day to all fathers!

Did anyone celebrate? I got together with my kiddo, fiance, sister, mom and dad for a nice breakfast.

Replies

• notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Went out shopping with my kids on Saturday and got Guitar Hero 2 for me. The kids already have it for their PS2... this was for my 360. Also bought a case for my youngest daughter's DS for getting a good report card. Then went home and rocked it out for a few hours while my kids played my local fans laugh.gif
    It was pretty good... til Sunday, which I had to spend fighting with Newegg to send a Gift Cert to my dad, then had to go to the In-Laws :/
  • JDinges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
    It was nice, I got to sleep in till 10!
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    I just kicked it and watched t.v. My kids sang a father's day song for me they had been rehearsing, and had a great talk with my little brother on the phone. A pretty good father's day.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    I bought my dad a Mars Volta CD and a rerelease of Led Zeppelin. He was asleep the whole day, so I ended up spending father's day watching a movie with my mom. lawls.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    I had a pretty kick ass fathers day. I ended up going to bed late saturday night because of a little crunch time with some work i'm trying to finish up so my wife let me sleep in.

I woke up to my son smiling and trying to give me a card. (He was hitting me in the head with it) Wifey gave me a card and inside was a little piece of paper that said I would have a nice big HDTV delivered monday morning (in the next few minutes) to our house.

I was like holy shit babe. You rock. So yeah I am pretty stoked. Think I'll keep my wife around for atleast another year.

Went over to my dads in the afternoon and had a nice bbq and relaxed for the day and then watched some tv on the couch with my family later that night at home.

A very good day indeed.

Happy Fathers Day to all you other guys out there as well.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I just kicked it and watched t.v. My kids sang a father's day song for me they had been rehearsing, and had a great talk with my little brother on the phone. A pretty good father's day.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah, that's awesome. I'm curious what a father's day song would sound like smile.gif
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    My family took me to a Brewfest. Unfortunately it was a bit cold and gray, but still fairly fun drinking brew, and fighting off my six month old's grabs for my beer glass. (That's my boy!)
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    i found it funny that starwars.com has a father's day page and the link image is of Vader chopping off Luke's hand. laugh.gif
  • snap.crackle.pop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snap.crackle.pop polycounter lvl 18
    Im no father yet, but im saving a spot in this thread so one day a nice fairy turns me into one. Not in too long please i wish (wink) smile.gif

• Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    i found it funny that starwars.com has a father's day page and the link image is of Vader chopping off Luke's hand. laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i saw that as well. I liked it. smile.gif Maybe one day when I'm a dark and evil ruler I can slice off one of my childs apendages with a lightsaber of sorts