Home General Discussion

Zbrush3

Replies

• venain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    venain polycounter lvl 12
    [ QUOTE ]
    As much as i'm loving the speed and looks, i can't stand the rotating. When you're zoomed in on your model (Which is also awkward), you need to zoom out to be able to click outside the model?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can actually click the rotate button and use that, instead of zooming out. It's on the lefthand side of the UI, towards the bottom. I agree that there should be a way to rotate without doing this though. I tend to work on a canvas size that has a bit of edge showing so that I always have a handle to rotate from (you can rotate by clicking outside of the canvas and draging, just like clicking on a part of the canvas where your model isn't visible).

Pior:

About the performance on rotation thing. Yeah I agree, and although I haven't found an option for it, zbrush does this automatically. The problem is, if you import an obj thats already quite dense, unless you can reconstruct subdivs(which z3 seems to have issues with), it's going to rotate slow. Just an expiriment for you, create a polysphere, and subdivide it till its like, 5 mil +, when you rotate it will rotate at about sibdiv level 3-4 or so and be perfectly smooth. I haven't found a way to control / enable disable this though:\
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    really really really really unstable. totally useless until they release a build that can run without crashing, atleast one that will start up consistantly without crashing.
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    no crashes for me so far..except for the occasional start up problem.

Pior, you can't undo matcap, but you can change the direction of the matcap "points" by clicking on them. You can also delete them by holding alt and click.

Hope you find that useful smile.gif
  • venain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The only crashes I've had so far are from clicking the standard UI button. Thats an automatic crash for me. Yet if I change back to standard UI through the menus, it doesn't crash. I haven't had any startup crashes, but if you do ANYTHING while it's initializing, it will just instant desktop you. Easily solvable by not doing anything until it's done initializing. I'm sure stability varies from system to system, but once I figured out those two things I've had very few crashes.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Holy cow this thing is crashtastic for me. Still, bloody impressive poly pushing on a dual core machine.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    http://www.veoh.com/videos/v525816fTn4JAMR

Awesome new video showcasing the new features!
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    Here's the z thread for the above video.....(direct download etc..)
    http://206.145.80.239/zbc/showthread.php?t=45693&page=1&pp=15
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    still no mail for me frown.gif
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 19
    i got mine! HAHAHAHA in youR FACE!!! time to morph shit into shit
  • venain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn moose, did you try checking old email adresses? Sounds like you may have to give them a call. Good luck!
  • cyborgguineapig
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cyborgguineapig polycounter lvl 14
    [ QUOTE ]
    i got mine! HAHAHAHA in youR FACE!!! time to morph shit into shit

[/ QUOTE ]

Soda ran up into my nose when I read this. more like morphing shit into pretty shit though. wink.gif