Home General Discussion

Heroes thread!

Replies

• ill_logic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ill_logic polycounter lvl 17
    ok, resolving the manhattan stuff in the first few is maybe an exaggeration, but to have the WHOLE first season revolve around that is still very slow. i mean the episodes regarding six months in the past or five years in the future? that's not needed. on a whole things certainly happen faster than lost, but in comparison to anything else, it's really slow.

authority was more fun than stormwatch. lol i always forget ellis worked on it before they changed the title. when i hear stormwatch i think of them back in the day. when they were essentially UN x-force/x-men with guns. i can appreciate the leaps between keeping audience vs crazy superhero slugfest wrecking the world, but lost takes these huge jumps in coherency of its show & people still watch. so you have a point, but depending on how it was handled i think someone could probably pull it off ok & still keep the viewership.

but right now, it's just not working

EDIT - & i agree with caseyjones. perfect example of unnecessary storylines going on within the show.

-J
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    The Nikki/Jessica, Mikah and DL episodes are balls! Anyone else agree? What's with Nikki's "superpower" anyway... Mental illness! Wooo... Look at me, I have a split personality.
    I only seem to watch this show now because I've already invested enough of my time and may as well see what happens. I find myself finding plot holes and just odd bits that don't work or make sense. Its a fun show to complain about.

-caseyjones

[/ QUOTE ]

you do realize she has super strength right? And that the split personality is because of bad things that happened to her/her sister?
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Yes, I'm aware of the super strength. But all the backstory shit that just isn't relevant to anything! That's the part that bothers me. Every time I see an episode focused on the 3 jerks, I know its a filler episode. Most of the time 3 minutes of the episode is actually important and the rest is just Nikki fghting her Jessica personality and bitching about losing Mikah.
    BALLS!
    If I want to see a show about a woman fighting her evil twin sister and bitching about her son, I'll watch Days of Our Lives or Jerry Springer.

-caseyjones
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    yea, i pretty much agree.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    If only she would turn green, it would be more obvious!

Jennifer Walters Jameson
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Yep, I've been thinking the same about Jessica/Niki. To be honest, I'd rather see more of DL and Mikah than her. At least DL has a cool power and Mikah's potential still hasn't been explored. I'm glad they took him away... now we can learn more about Mikah without the split personality BS.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Anyone see this weeks episode? Damn what is up with Sylars mom? No wonder that dudes killing people.

Who thinks the bombs really going to blow up?

Some interesting things that came up in this weeks show.
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    right now there are 3 possible candidates for blowing up NY, Peter, Sylar and that nuclearman
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Hotness! I'm amazed that peter wasn't in the truck with the exploding man. That would have been sweet, but wouldn't have worked. Also loved the way that linderman went... been waiting a long time for DL to do that. Can't wait for the last show!
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah tonights show was pretty bad ass. Man oh man some shit is gonna go down next week.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    *kicks the door open*

*farts*

*runs*

muwahahahahaaa!
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    I just watched the all the shows so I'll know whats up on the finale. this show rocks. I hate to keep comparing this show to lost, but SO much more payoff. I like each and every character in this series.
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i just wanted to check: where are u guys at in Heroes? today i just saw.....
    :

(forgive me i can't remember names atm, except for Hiro laugh.gif]
    the whole family of the "Regeneration Girl" finds out about the Hatian and the special powers, after the 'nuclear' guy and the 'thought-reading' cop enter into their house.
    at the end, the 'paper factory' owner gets shot by the Hatian, and his memory is [supposedly] drained.
    in this episode, we also find out the history of 'paper factory' guy, 'invisible' guy, and the daughter who "if she manifests" will be taken back my Hiro's dad.....

just wondering where u guys are at?
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weeks ahead dude! Many weeks ahead!
    Finally Mikah served a purpose in the whole scheme of things, its all coming together. Still a piece of shit show :P
    *follows Brome*

-caseyjones
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    damn... im guessing reruns dont start till a season's over? damn, i've missed too much frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Finally Mikah served a purpose in the whole scheme of things, its all coming together. Still a piece of shit show :P

[/ QUOTE ]

You're still watching, I see wink.gif
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just like a train wreck, you can't look away. Doesn't mean I enjoy train wrecks :P

-caseyjones
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    damn... im guessing reruns dont start till a season's over? damn, i've missed too much frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure you can watch it on the net.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    What, no comments about the finale? I'm still waiting to see all of it since I have school on Monday nights. I have it on my DVR waiting for review. I did get to see the last half hour, so I know that Slyar went down, Nathan flew off with Peter and exploded in space, and Hiro went flying into the past. I'm not sure what the connection is with the eclipse though.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure you can watch it on the net.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.nbc.com/
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    Serious letdown on the finale. Really, to many WTF moments for me to enjoy this episode. Not going to list any details for those that have not seen it yet, but I cannot believe for the final show they could not do more.

Spark
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    <- Also terribly disappointed.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really did not enjoy the finale. Slow to build, very anticlimactic. I always record the show and watch it after so I can skip commercials, but actually found myself zipping through some of the really slow bits in hopes of getting to the good stuff.

Incidentally, this happens in New York City, yes? WHERE THE FUCK WAS EVERYONE? Peter passes out in the street, there's no one around. Claire jumps out a ten story window, there's no one around. A half-dozen superpowered people slug it out in the middle of Kirby Plaza, there's no one around. Sure, it's late at night, but we're talking about the city that never sleeps, right? I would have been much more interested if news crews had been on the scene and captured this, with season 2 exploring the rest of the world's slow realization that heroes are real, etc.

The only highlight was Hiro's epilogue, but even that was kind of unfulfilling. The cop-out with Sylar's fate really annoyed me, just typical cheap TV bullshit.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I want to know who the bad bad man is. If it's not Sylar than who the fuck is it? Yeah I wanted to see a lot more between Peter and Sylar and if Peter is near Sylar why can't he get his powers from him? So Peter could toss Sylar around like he does to people.

Hiro should have cut off his head. Problem solved. Oh well. I think the reason for a lot of this was to have a huge opening for Season 2.

Gotta leave people hanging...Thats just normal.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I'm getting pissed off at the good guys in this damn show. How hard is it to kill Sylar for good when he's down? Hiro and Peter could be totally badass like in the future episode, but NO!

And how come their powers only work selectively? Sylar can hear for miles yet people sneak up on him like the blonde chick? Peter can fly but instead his brother sacrifices himself to fly Peter into the atmosphere.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sylar's only real power is the ability to 'digest' other people's powers - the telekinesis, freezing powers, etc, aren't inherently part of his DNA. I think that Peter can probably only copy a target's actual ability. If he tried to emulate Sylar, he'd have the brain-eating option, but not the rest.

As to why he didn't fly off himself, he mentioned that he wasn't able to move or do anything. I think not exploding was requiring all of his focus (well, except for running his mouth), and trying to switch to the flight ability would have allowed the nuclear power to detonate. We've never seen Peter use two powers at once, so I guess that holds up.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    Sylar's only real power is the ability to 'digest' other people's powers - the telekinesis, freezing powers, etc, aren't inherently part of his DNA. I think that Peter can probably only copy a target's actual ability. If he tried to emulate Sylar, he'd have the brain-eating option, but not the rest.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sorry Verm, but actually totally disproven just by the fact that Peter has used Telekinesis. Sylar stole that from Brian Davis. The production team has stated many a time that Peter has everything Sylar has, and whenver Sylar gets something new, and encounters Peter...he gets an "update" w/ new powers, including super-hearing, etc.

Peter is just too much of a 'tard to use em.(hard to use a power you dont actually know you have) Unlike Sylar though, Peter apparently has to think about the person he got the power from to use it. If he never met super-hearing lesbian? He'll never use it.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Err... is this something you read or saw in an interview? I don't recall anything like that mentioned in the show. I do remember Peter using telekinesis, now that I think of it.

Anyway, the episode kinda sucked regardless of those issues. Just dull. Someone posted in another forum I read that Heroes is great at building up towards conflict, but the action never has an exciting payoff. Granted, TV budgets limit the potential for special effects, but we never get a really good on-screen super power fight.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    i'm glad they didn't kill off sylar, he's my favourite character, along with hiro.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I think what I don't like about the series is this last episode is really the only one that shows a good show down. So far Sylar has only killed completely helpless people. Whenever two characters meet, one is at a disadvantage and loses, or in the case of Peter vs Sylar, Peter is always a weakling.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
  • Ramucho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ramucho polycounter lvl 18
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    Well didn't anyone notice that Sylar's body was missing at the very end and that there was a blood trail as if he drug himself to a manhole and apparently crawled in? Also the main point of all the episodes was to prevent the destruction of New York..mission accomplished. It was also cool to see all the "heroes" together in one spot. smile.gif End of "Volume 1". Next Volume 2.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    hiro is a noob, with all the junk he watch, all thoses comic n superhero shit, HE SHOULD KNOW THAT THE VILAIN NEVER DIES THE FIRST FUCKING TIME< U FUCKING PIECE OF TRASH<

In a perfect world, after he stab that douche, he could of STOP THE FUCKING TIME< AND FUCKING SLICE IS HEAD , THEN BRING THE HEAD INTO THE OCEAN, THE OCEAN IN ANOTHER TIMEZONE, THEN LOCK IT IN A CAVE IN THE FUTURE OR SOMESHIT

DAMN!

silar, peter, DOUCHES, where is wolverine when u need him.

btw the girl was NOT WOLVERINE, but some douche like silverfox or something, WEAKLINK.. woo i can heal.,

She hulk could of punch peter into space! why didnt she,
    And that Shadowcat Dude could of just bring peter 5000 feet into the ground, or or or, Lame BUT expected.
  • tpe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tpe polycounter lvl 18
    Peter had to go, he was tooo powerfull, he could just fix everything etc.

Even if syler doesnt make it into next season the little location girl mentioned another hero even more scary than syler, that she wouldn't locate because he would know she was thinking about her. Could they be mixing their story lines here, isn't that xaviers job? Then they will have to bring a magneto in somewhere.
    Anyone know when the next season starts btw?

tim
  • Ramucho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ramucho polycounter lvl 18
    NBC has added a new Heroes spin-off to its roster, Heroes: Origins. The new show will introduce a new character each week and the TV audience has the opportunity to choose their favorite character by voting at the Heroes website on NBC.com. The chosen character will become a new cast regular the following season. The new series will air on Mondays in the Heroes timeslot with only six episodes while the regular series is on hiatus.
  • tpe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tpe polycounter lvl 18
    Nice smile.gif thanks for the info smile.gif

tim
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    Disappointing finale, overall. I won't go into any of the issues with specific powers or whatnot. It's fiction afterall, and its perfectly normal for there to be mistakes and small plot holes. The real dissapointment was that nothing was really resolved. At the end, there was no particular revelation for the characters, no moral resolution. None of them really learned anything, or changed in a meaningful way. That's what a finale's for. Instead, we're left with a lot of static characters and a transparent set-up for the second season. There was a real opportunity to milk Nathan's internal struggle over the deaths of millions of unknowing citizens. Instead, he deus-ex's his little brother into the stratosphere as if their taking a Sunday stroll. "Oh hi! I just stopped by to fix everything in the most obvious way possible." Very weak. Nicole, one of the more conflicted characters in the show, had her big moment in a previous episode. The potential conflict between the psychic and the G-Man father over the fate of Molly was completely wasted, they glossed over it in the first few minutes.

So much storyline potential was squandered and wasted in order to "wrap things up." It just really felt underwhelming. Especially given how interesting the lead-in to this finale was. I can't help but feel that they missed a sterling chance to end the season on a high note, and instead opted to get the audience salivating for the next season. It would have been entirely possible to do both. Very lazy of them.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Verm: Yes sir, 'twas in an interview or 12. That was one of the most asked questions.
    I was also pretty dissappointed at the lack of a REAL showdown in the finale. Several episodes during the season seemed to have much more exciting conflicts & action/effects. I guess they expended the budget then, rather that saving any for the finale.
    I feel let down, but of course I'll watch Volume 2 anyway...
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    HI TIM, HOW YA BEEN!? grin.gif
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    finished watching finale. cant believe that sylar lived. Awesome series.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Bought the series on DVD this Friday - finished it last night.

AWESOME.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah i'm gonna be picking it up on dvd as well. They have the hd dvd set as well. 100 bucks though and thats a bit steap but we will see.

I can't wait for this show to pick back up.
  • skrubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skrubbles polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I can't wait for this show to pick back up.

[/ QUOTE ]

September 24th!!!! Don't forget to catch up on the graphic novels, because they've been coming out regularly during the entire break.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Graphic novels? wtfz?

WHERE!?
  • Joseph Silverman
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Graphic novels? wtfz?

WHERE!?

[/ QUOTE ]

/me lifts rock to find Vassago sleeping under it.
    Oh thats where you've been! psst, here, take this. It could end up saving your life when the angry herd of nerds comes to hunt you down.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't read comics, damnit!
    So how was I supposed to know? :P

Thanks a lot for the wiki link. I'll read up on these tonight.
  • skrubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skrubbles polycounter lvl 18
    Vassago - You should catch up!! During the Season they release a new 'graphic novel' (though they're really just mini-comics) between episodes... you get a little more info on characters and stories, and sometimes you see new characters before they even appear in the show.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    my favorite character was the lady who could interact with technology to a greater degree than Micah. i think she ended up inside the internet or something, because she talks to Micah through the computers or something.

i can't wait for the next series though, they've already confirmed the actors that WON'T be in it. which means that somehow Nathan and Peter survived? blush.gif