Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio design

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Fuse polycounter lvl 18
My portfolio site

www.fusebrush.com

Officially on the job hunt now.

BTW. if you like to link yourself from my page just leave your url to your portfolio in this thread.

Replies

• adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Wall paper background!
    Splattered paint!
    Off-centered text!

HAX!
  • Em.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Em. polycounter lvl 17
    Looks good to me, nice and simple.
    The splatter design, 2 colored bg and the fleur di lis pattern aren't working together for me, feels too busy. Maybe lighten up the fleur di lis a little or drop it all together?

I think your name and title could use a little more breathing room too, maybe move those up a bit. Other than that, like I said, clean and simple, good stuff, looking forward to seeing it all functional.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Damn Brome.

-Lose the wallpapered background. It doesn't look that nice in my opinion. It is distracting.

-The pinkish color on top. Not my style either. Bold colors to attract attention.

-Instead of the splattered paint what about a shadow / fade / sillouette of one of your models instead.

-put your contact info on top. email, address, phone. Have it on each page and the person on your site wont have to dig for that info. Also put it on your contact page along with your aim, msn, yahoo, etc account names so people can message you that way.
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    The Fleur de Lise and the splattered paint and the modern layout are all clashing horribly. I would cut the Fleurs and go with the plain background color, and go for a model silhouette where the splatter is, keeping the same white/black breakup you have now.

I like the colors. The whole thing is sort of muted but clean looking, which is good, and won't pull the eye away from the pieces. You don't need to attract their attention to the banner, you want them to focus on your portfolio work.

Here's a mockup
    likethismk3.jpg
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    taken in your crits, thanks a lot guys ..

Updated above
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    www.fusebrush.com

here's the work in progress
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    look simple and good, i think background color could be not so light grey, bit more dark on my taste could be cool.
    how do you that? photoshop/Dreamweaver?
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    Updated with my works uploaded !
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    I like it a lot, but here are my 2 cents.. first beef I have is your links in the top right corner.. 'work resume links Email' why is the E in Email capitalized when the rest of the links are lowercased first letters? I just think it would be better if there was some consistency, make it email, or caps the rest of the first letters, but that's just me.

second is your name, address, and phone aren't on the main page. It's not necessary but from all I've heard/read it's a great idea. maybe you can put it in a line of text right above your copyright notes or something, it's just a thought.

but yeah, I really like it!!
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    Updated! with some tweaks and links, as well as some recent life study work ..

Officially applied to a few companies .. Now the wait begins smile.gif

Would love to hear some feedback on my work.

A bit nervous with this whole job hunt blush.gif
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Soldak Ent. contract job, isometric rpg monster.

that appears on a lot of the descriptions. you may want to fix that...
  • Panupat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Panupat polycounter lvl 15
    You should clean up your 2D works a bit more if you're going to show them. Play with curve/levels, bright up the background and darken down the lines.