Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Modeling Reel

Mongrelman
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
Put this together over the weekend to send to some VFX houses (some only accept hard copies, no websites grr). Some flaws it in, but I was more focused on showing the models and getting it done quick.

coverimageqr6.jpg

High Quality (59 mb)

Low Quality (30 mb)

Replies

• jgarland
    The models look great. I really think you could polish it a bit more, though. Spending time on the presentation can go a long way.

I'd also add one or two more models. The McLaren in your portfolio looks nice. I know you're looking for a job as a character artist, but it could show your hard surface modeling skills.

Spend a bit more time on the presentation, and I think you'll have a top-notch reel. smile.gif
  • Davision3D
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    Awesome!

I can see a lot of tris, in the basemesh of Lictor, that make it look bad. You should consider to show the low poly of it that you also showed on your website.
  • Bryan Cavett
    Offline / Send Message
    Bryan Cavett polycounter lvl 19
    modeling reels make me dizzy smile.gif

cool modeling but the same rotation gets boring. I think Daz's reel was one of the only reels that didnt have a lot of rotating in it... maybe take a look at his if its still around. I agrre with the presentation comments
  • Por@szek
    Offline / Send Message
    Por@szek polycounter lvl 18
    Hi dude.
    U have made stunning work for this reel.
    Licor is IMO the best of works U've show in here, should be first smile.gif
    Cool stuff, good luck with job hunting wink.gif