Home General Discussion

Two Worlds?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
sonic polycounter lvl 18
Has anyone picked this up? I've been looking at the screens and it looks awesome, but I can't find a review that's not in German.
1603071213172W_Scr_212_0800.jpg2212060454022W_Scr122_800.jpg
Just in case you haven't seen tongue.gif

Replies

• bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    not out yet. late june.

very interested.
    potential to be crap high though.
  • McIlroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McIlroy polycounter lvl 17
    Those enviros look pre rendered like Myth are they ?
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    they dont seem pre rendered :P and this game doesnt look something out of the ordinary, but if it is fun to play count me IN !
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    The ground in the top screen looks really strange! Like it has its own lighting.
    For example:
    Look at the pillars on the right, they look like they are floating in mid air because there aren't any shadows on the ground.
    Bottom left, there is a light source, yet the shadow on the texture shows a light source from the opposite direction.
    Apart from that, I really enjoy the style and most of the textures look nice and crisp.

-caseyjones
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    [ QUOTE ]
    The ground in the top screen looks really strange! Like it has its own lighting.
    For example:
    Look at the pillars on the right, they look like they are floating in mid air because there aren't any shadows on the ground.
    Bottom left, there is a light source, yet the shadow on the texture shows a light source from the opposite direction.
    Apart from that, I really enjoy the style and most of the textures look nice and crisp.

-caseyjones

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to mention the exact same thing - it looks like the "tile" ground has it's normals flipped.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Looks like Gothic 3 - large scale RPG with some patchy art. It lacks Gothic's endearingly disproportionate characters, but otherwise they'd be pretty hard to tell apart. Heres hoping it ships in a more playable state than Gohtic 3.
  • neolith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neolith polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    For example:

[/ QUOTE ]
    That's because it uses the Gamebryo engine (just like Oblivion and Gothic3) which comes with really strange terrain rendering.
    Try to find screenies that show some terrain in the distance - it looks like puke.

Apart from that Two Worlds is said to have serious bugs and if you know how you can beat the game in about one hour.
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    After playing Oblivion, I can't see how this game can even appeal. Could be wrong but from what I've seen it just looks like ass.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I actually noticed the strange mipmapping first. Doesn't it seem like it's sort of random? Rather than becoming blurrier as it goes into the distance, it seems like patchwork, although that may be due to textures as well.
    All in all it looks a lot like Gothic, although the night-lighting seems better. I don't like the black shading during the day though. I hear people bitching about ambient light a lot, but in this case it would've been preferable to have some coloured ambient, right?