Home Technical Talk

Photoshop cursor colour changer...please?

Hey guys. It would be a great help to me if someone here knows a way to change the colour of the paintbrush cursor in photoshop.

I'm doing a lot of normal map work using nvidia's photoshop plugin, which means a lot of greyscale painting. And since most of the normal map is a flat 128 RGB grey the cursor becomes invisible in these areas.

I've searched Photoshop help and google with no success, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

Replies

• D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Under what version?

Press caps lock c if that helps? though you can't see the size of the tool. There is also edit /preferences/ cursor and try that stuff there.

I am using Adobe CS3, this information would be awesome to know but I've read you have to just put up with it there was a plugin called Adobe PhotoShop Interface something or other. That plug-in could be ok with CS2 not sure never used it.

Good Luck.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    dont think there is a way man frown.gif It bugs the living crap out of me when i lose my cursor.

only thing ive found is to switch away from a precise setting and deal with the brush icon.

another thing you can try is to add a black or white layer under your normal map and alter the NM layer's opacity, so you move away from the 128 cursor killing colors. just remember to switch the opacity back when you look at the normal map smile.gif
  • greenj2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys. I'm using CS at the moment, tried playing around with the cursor preferences with no luck. I suspected there wasn't a way to change it. Guess I'll have to stick with layer tricks as workarounds. One of my mates at work hits the space bar whenever he loses his cursor to bring up the little hand icon.