Home Full time/Part time work

warhammer online needs more artists!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
World character and tech artists needed at ea mythic we’ve picked up quiet a few artists from these forums over the past several months, so here I come again to try and job up a few more of you guys. Email me at thunt at ea.com with resume and portfolio. If you do not have a resume and portfolio please do not email.

P.S. Offer is for onsite work. Applicants from the united states are preffered.

Replies

• Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    You should really spell check that stuff, man.
    ;p
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matabus polycounter lvl 19
    Tracy's splling maeks me hapy.
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    I think it's worth clarifying that we are hiring for Warhammer Online and other projects here at EA Mythic. We are looking for all experience levels.
    http://jobs.ea.com has more info. Click on 'United States' and then 'Fairfax, VA.'

World Artists
    Character Artists
    Tech Artists (REALLY NEED SOME OF THESE, although it appears it isn't listed on the site)
  • Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    I submitted something through jobs.ea.com couple weeks ago but haven't heard anything back so far. should I submit again?
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    email it to me please Hito.
  • animatr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    animatr polycounter lvl 18
    what program do the tech artists primarily use?
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    I applied for World Artist a while back but did not receive anything back about the position.
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    More to the point:

Are your tech artists primarily character TD's, handling general rigging setups and animation production tools, or are they closer to the programming side being more tools programmers and shader artists supporting the art department?

yes I wanna be a technical artist, like a lot.
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    Re: Tech Artists

We use Max and a heavily modified version of Gamebryo. I think we're looking for help across the board when it comes to:

- Pipeline development and optimization. Since we make MMO's there's TONS to be done here from customizable characters and their metadata to weapons to FX to world objects and on and on. We have mountains of content, data, people and game systems, and there's lots of work that could be done to get it all to hook up better.
    - Max Scripting
    - Tools development for animation, shaders, lighting, object export and more
    - Rig development
    - Shader development
    - We're not even using SCM for art right now. It would be nice to have somebody experienced with that come in and see if it could work.

I don't think we expect a candidate to have all of these skills and be a great artist and a great programmer, so I think the plan is to basically look at each candidate as an individual and see where they could fit on the team.

Guys who haven't heard back; feel free to keep applying or email Rhinokey or PM me. No guarantees that you'll hear back from us (lots of applicants and all), but it can't hurt wink.gif
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've been trying to at least touch base with everyone who emails me. But I am pretty busy here, so it may take a bit of time.
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks guys. I'm heading to AZ in a few minutes, but I'll see if I can work up/polish up a few better technical examples to send your way. I'm mainly using Maya at the moment, do you have access to maya to take a look at things, or should I take a week and convert over to max first?

SCM for art, as in like a version control system? The Starsiege 2845 project I was working on for a few years used that for a while. It got a bit complicated with culling out the garbage assets, but I feel that came down more to planning on the management side than to artists. It can work well so long as everyone pays attention and follows the procedures, and doesn't break the server. The biggest issue becomes coordinating the art version system with the code version system, ie making sure the build gets the right art assets, but I imagine that could be taken care of by some script that gathers properly flagged assets from both servers into a build server.
  • PeterK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeterK greentooth
    T: why don't you guys drop us a line? http://www.exisinteractive.com, I can assign 20 guys on the project for you.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pete- this will all likely be for full-time in-house positions.
  • nacire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nacire polycounter lvl 17
    I'd love to put in for this and work with some old friends, but I just can't afford a move. Game is looking great btw!
  • Thurban
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    are you guys doing any kind of relocation assistance?

Better question, do ya need animators?
    http://www.mattlefferts.com
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thurban- I'm not sure about how it's all done now that we're a part of EA, but I know that when I came down there it ended up only being the plane tickets that I actually had to pay out of pocket. Mind you this is from going from coast to coast, though.

I'm sure any of our more recent converts (Justin_Meisse and TelekineticFrog) can give better information on this.
  • PeterK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeterK greentooth
    ah, well, good luck then. You guys are doing awesome stuff over there.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I was flown up from Florida for my interview, the company covered everything except meals and the taxi ride from the hotel to the office.

All my moving expenses were covered and Mythic has a contract with Mayflower. I don't know if I'm allowed to say what the max limit is on moving expenses reimbursement but I can tell you that the moving truck bill only hit about half the limit. I only spent about $50 driving up, if I wasn't so lazy I could get that reimbursed as well.

As far as housing... there isn't any but a crap load of us live here, it's about a mile away from the office and right next door to a bunch of restaurants and a movie theater.
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    um, there is no chance for outsourcers, i guess.
    gluck!