Home General Discussion

Global Community and the Future

BRUTICUS(CW)
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
BRUTICUS(CW) polycounter lvl 18
So i been thinking lately about what will be a result of this new global community of ours. It just keeps coming up for me y aknow? I was actually just reminded by the Victory Day thread how we need to think of this as a global community, especially online. The difficulties in transitioning to that etc..

But what will happen in the distant future that we may not anticipate? Here's some things i've been thinking about.

-will we ever have a global police or government? will the role of the UN extend to this some day? As it is now MP3s and movies being pirated between countries is a problem that doesn't seem to have a solution.

-World Time- Will we ever have a world time? not have to worry about what time zone it is in another place, maybe someone can invent this smile.gif

-Wiki pay scales... everything is going web 2.0 democratic will one day the price of music and movies be determined like this? Will radio station playlists and club playlists be determined like this?

-Future religions? most religions are based on a certain geographical place. With a global village will we find a common ground ever and have the same religion one day?

-Weather control?

-colonizing Mars? - I had this idea that when we do get the space elevator built.. we could use it to syphon water out of the earth to help bring down the levels of the rising oceans. We could then contain it in outer space with sonic pulses in a giant ball and then transport it all the way to Mars then crash it there....creating Mars' first ocean...

What else might we anticipate as a result of our world getting smaller....?

Replies