Home General Discussion

Two new Star Wars movies...

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
[MILES] polycounter lvl 17
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,270874,00.html

This was news to me...then again...I might be behind. In the article towards the bottom, Lucas mentions the development of two new live action movies based in the Star Wars universe.

Replies

• Jesse Moody
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah I heard rumors about this and the tv show is coming along as well.
  • Wells
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    two live action made-for-tv movies.

oh boy.

I suppose they can't be worse than episode III.

...and I know I'll watch them.
  • Mark Dygert
    ewokm1.jpgewokm2.jpg
    Is it the continuation to the EWOK ADVENTURE!? It doesn't get any better than that! err I mean worse it doesn't get any worse than that... /runs to hide his Ewok stuffed "action figure".

Hasn't he butchered it enough, its not like he needs the money. He should let the guys that did the Clone Wars cartoon write and direct the live action stuff. On second thought just do more Clone Wars...
  • Neo_God
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    I'll watch them, and probably enjoy them. I don't look for great acting and compelling stories in star wars movies. Just kick ass Jedi crap, and interesting futuristic concepts and creature designs.
  • Wells
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Vig... you know they made a sequel, right?

Caravan of Courage!
    999201~Caravan-of-Courage-The-Ewok-Adventure-Style-A-Posters.jpg
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I'll keep my expectations low, then MAYBE I'll be entertained by it. To be honest, I was slightly excited to hear about the TV series, then I realized he'll probably try to target little kids again rather than making a serious series for the 18 and up crowd.
  • Psyk0
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah he should team up with tarantino, add some kill bill flavor to it...with flying limbs and all, that'd be nice.

Not expecting much from star wars or Lucas anymore, he once mentioned star wars bought his "freedom" to do any movie he wanted, i guess he ran out of ideas.
  • Luxury
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'll keep my expectations low, then MAYBE I'll be entertained by it. To be honest, I was slightly excited to hear about the TV series, then I realized he'll probably try to target little kids again rather than making a serious series for the 18 and up crowd.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Funny. I always imagined it as a Dawson's Creek/OC/OneTreeHill teen soap BS. And I doubt that I will be wrong. frown.gif
  • Scott Ruggels
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    30 years ago, Lucas could do no wrong.,, When I was in Junior High, Star Wars was IT! How he has squandered the franchise to stroke his ego, and now, looking at the reactions, he can do no right.

Scott
  • Asherr
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/2_Hour_Long_Live_Action_Movies_For_TV_105678.asp

[ QUOTE ]
    UPDATE: Friend of TFN Mike in Florida (yup there are lots of us Mikes) had some interesting thoughts regarding this news story and I thought they were worth sharing. Here is what he had to say:

"I believe Freidman was referencing the live action TV show(s?) and not a feature film. It doesn't even make sense that Lucas would make a one hour film for TV... Isn't that basically a TV show pilot? If you read Freidman's stuff regularly you know he always has his head in the clouds--so to speak. He probably was drooling to break some Star Wars news and misinterpreted what Lucas said. I guess the only real news is that Lucas is still perusing doing two live action shows instead of the one."

Kind of comes as a bummer to my initial excitement but the other Mike has a good point. I guess we will find out hopefully sooner than later....most likely later.

[/ QUOTE ]

it does sound more like Lucas' comments were misinterpreted.
  • rooster
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    I suppose its too much to ask for him to ever think of something new.. I guess so. Hell if I was him I'd be pumping the starwars crap out forever too
  • danr
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    God ... Caravan of courage got a cinema release over here, I remember flatly refusing to see it even though I was only about 9 or something. Cheap spin-offs are just what they appear, even to kids, who are suprisingly picky. These things have an audience, somewhere, but don't let it trouble you ...
  • gavku
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    star cruiser....CRASH.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    On second thought just do more Clone Wars...

[/ QUOTE ]

They are, 3d series is dated for next year, I think. smile.gif
  • BRUTICUS(CW)
    Offline / Send Message
    BRUTICUS(CW) polycounter lvl 18
    im thinking this could be the most misleading tidbit of news in the history of the interweb.

Its on every news site.

The thing is its VERY OLD NEWS. I'm pretty sure Lucas was reffering to the live action TV series he has planned. Hes calling it a TV MOVIE.

BUT don't worry Lucas will in the end cash in on celluloid Star Wars again. Mark my words.
  • Jesse Moody
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    I just want more stuff with the clone wars and vader hunting down the last of the jedi and kicking their asses. Thats it. Episodes 7,8,9 would just turn out gay.

I want all out Clone battles.
  • hawken
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    it's a jar jar binx spin off.
  • indian_boy
    i thought the tv show was the time period between III and IV. like,... vader hunting down the last of the jedi and kicking their asses. And Obi-wan "Ben" Kenobi protecting lil' baby Luke from the truth and from the dark side and whatnot.....

i'd actually like to see a Knights of the Old Republic series. Or something like that... star wars history? hmm.... i think i've dorkulated?
  • killingpeople
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    fuck star wars. h8
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Lucas should pick Joss Whedon to do the live action show.
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Honestly, I'm hoping he makes just a series of flicks that have nothing to do with the main movies plot lines. Just something that's in the Star Wars era, where there are rebel and alliance forces and bounty hunters. There are plenty of book series that cover these types of storylines that aren't restricted because of the original plot. Not that I'd hate a series based completely on the original plot, but I think it would become too limiting and be criticized too heavily.
  • HonkyPunch
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    I saw that ewok movie and that big ass thing in it scared the shit out of me
    I think I was like 5
  • Mark Dygert
    I heard that Justin Timberlake is going to be Vader and they are going to Disney it up with a bunch of song and dance numbers.

(Yeah its going to be that gay)

I hope I'm wrong.