Home General Discussion

28 weeks later

Daz
Daz
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Daz polycounter lvl 18
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_atomic/28weekslater/

Hard to tell If it's going to do the first movie any justice. I'm getting a bit of a cheezy vibe from the trailers actually and 'from the producers of...' isn't usually a good sign. Director Fresnadillo doesn't seem to have a large body of work to judge so all fingers are crossed.

*edit* this seems to be a better trailer actually (international) http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/28_weeks_later/

Replies

• spacemonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacemonkey polycounter lvl 18
    Its a zombie film, 2 zombie flicks in 1 year leaves me happy no matter what the quality of the film is like:)
    but I agree.. I cant imagine in comparing to the first half of the original.. second half got a little weak smirk.gif
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    God Damn I love zombies. I fired up Dead Rising again the other night on my friends 61" dlp and damn that looked hot. Brains. I want Brains.
  • Psionic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psionic polycounter lvl 18
    Now that looks like a pretty awesome sequel to me wink.gif Cant wait to see it...
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    If it has more super-tense fleeing from zombies and less... rest of 28 Days Later, I'll be happy as a clam.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    dead rising is a game that I just can't seem to let die.
    I feel the need to resurrect that thing every 2 or so weeks.
    This movie just looks great.
    Seriously.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, i saw this a while back and spooged all over #md about it.
    I personally *did like the second half of 28dayslater, shockingly enough, and i have faith that this one'll turn out good as well. Even if it doesn't though, zombie-movies need to try VERY hard, should they want to dissapoint.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    I absolutely loved all of 28 days, especially the last half.

Disappoints me that it seems to be centered around a child. I hate that shit. Hopefully it doesn't suck.
    New director frown.gif
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    28days later scared the shit outta me, because it's zombies movie so freakin fast! Ack.
    I hope this one is just as good.
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    Absolutely loved 28 days. I really hope this one lives up to the pedigree.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Sooooweet! Carpet bombing zombies!!!!
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 17
    Additional Child Character = Movie Enjoyment Poison : (

I'd rather have Carrot Top starring.
  • MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    Completely agree with the possible anakin kid screwing this one up, kids dont belong in movies. I'l see it in theaters for sure, just hope the kid gets knocked off like half way through, then i'l be able to enjoy it fully.
  • ill_logic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ill_logic polycounter lvl 17
    i saw that it was in the works a while ago & had very low expectations for it until i saw the trailer for it before hot fuzz.
    firstly, the kid thing is just an old horror standby. want to make the audience feel even less in control? show them everything through the eyes of a kid. mostly it's just a cop out. there's a better chance of it hindering than helping, but i'm not passing judgement on that just yet.
    seeing as there's not a lot tying the two films together other than the title & britain in shambles, they seem like different movies. to be honest, i loved the first one until i heard danny boyle ranting up & down that it was 'not a zombie movie' and it kind of just irritated me to the point of turning me off the movie a bit.
    all that having been said, as cool as a vacant london is in the start of 28 days later, you missed some of the best parts in a zombie film, namely, everything turning to shit! this movie looks to be making up for it & then some!

anyway, the trailer made me like muse (it was cut so well), & i hate muse! so i'll probably be shelling out the money to see it. still not trying to get too excited about it though.

-J
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I loved the first half of 28 days later, the second half died in the ass because it wasn't what I was expecting. I'm sure if I saw it a second time, I may enjoy it more.
    I'm not all that into the second one, saw the trailer for it in the theater when I went to see 300. Looks a little balls, but only time will tell.

-caseyjones
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    I loved 28 days later(all of it too), and I'm excited for this film.

By the way, Zombies are undead, these people are "infected" and they're still alive. But if you feel better calling them zombies, alright then. I felt like clearing that one up.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    You can call them the infected, but zombie is a good blanket term to cover flesh eating mindless beings that convert victims into their ranks.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I loved the first half of 28 days later, the second half died in the ass because it wasn't what I was expecting. I'm sure if I saw it a second time, I may enjoy it more.

[/ QUOTE ]Truly a man after my own heart.
  • ill_logic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    By the way, Zombies are undead, these people are "infected" and they're still alive. But if you feel better calling them zombies, alright then. I felt like clearing that one up.

[/ QUOTE ]

you sound like danny boyle smirk.gif yeah, technically. but all of the conventions of a zombie movie are in place. some unknown agent causing people to stop being normal & start eating others without any reservation. survivors using some sort of cudgel to end brain activity. the resulting infection leading to an apocalypse of sorts. that's all pure zombie. and despite the fact the technicality that they aren't dead, the whole danny boyle crusade that 'it isn't' seemed futile & unnecessary.
    if there was one thing that made 28 days later not a zombie it was that at the very end, the complete cop out, allowing the rage-infected to just kind of starve. but i feel better now. a lot of good that did, obviously lol

-J
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    28 Weeks Later is out and its everything I wanted it to be. A lot of people have likened the two films to the difference between Alien and Aliens. 28 Weeks Later takes the elements of its predecessor, combines them in a more coherent fashion and then exponentially increases the wonderfully tense, occasionally shockingly brutal action. The themes and messages are still there, but the movie doesn't grind to a halt to dangle them in front of the viewer.

The two young actors do a good job. Neither of them are exactly amazing thespians, but they do a good job of not being irritating and looking scared and thats all I ask. They certainly don't lower the tone of the movie which is quite a relief.

A tense, sometimes genuinely scary horror movie of rare quality. Go check it out at the cinema - it benefits a lot from the full cinematic audio.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    I went into this thinking it would be just OK. I basically wanted to see it just to know what happened in the storyline after the first film.

Man, this movie kicks ASS. Without going into detail, I'll just say zombie fans will love this (the first ten minutes are INTENSE), and it definitely holds itself up to the first film. A solid sequel (which is rare these days!)
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Agreed.

Amazing movie. Some parts where the acting wasn't great, but you can't expect top-end talent for a horror movie smile.gif

I think I actually liked this better than the first. Very tense moments, absolutely loved it.
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    Sweet! Glad to hear it! I was a huge fan of 28 days later. Especially the whole "digital film" look it had, and the over all cinematography of it. Atleast tell me, aside from it being a supposed kick-ass zombie flick, does it hold the same visual appeal as the first one?
  • ill_logic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    it was ok. have to say i liked the first one a bit more. but as far as the scale of zombie movies, it was pretty good!
    it was cool because it was much more along the lines of the 'zombie war' movie, like land of the dead than the rio bravo/siege type zombie movie. but from the angle of the civilians, which i haven't seen yet.
    it was weird because it seems as though you should be rooting for these people to escape, but there's not much in the way of character development (or at least not enough imo). So when everything does turn to shit, you're not really concerned about their well-being, as much as waiting for the extreme violence. either to the movies benefit/detriment. i'm still undecided.
    personally i thought the kids were annoying, but mostly just straight up retarded.

oh... & begby showing up everywhere got ridiculous

EDIT - And in response to geezus, there's a lot of nice shots in this one too, but mostly they're aerial.

-J
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    [ QUOTE ]
    oh... & begby showing up everywhere got ridiculous

[/ QUOTE ]

one of the few reasons i'm not bothered about seeing this. I am so ... SICK of seeing robert carlye. It's almost reaching Keith Allen proportions
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Not many movies I watch and thing "Bloody hell that was good". This was one of them. Only a few very minor things niggled at me, but overall awesome.
  • MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    man, the part with the helicopter in the field. awesome.
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    Excellent sequel to a really good movie.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    goddamnit. I read this thread and go through the websites for every cinema we have around here (in a pretty wide radius, i should mention. I was pretty desperate to see this one), and find nothing. Apparantly we get it in september.
    fuckbeans.