Home General Discussion

Burning Crusade and Ebay

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
Holy flippin hell. I missed out on grabbing the CE in stores (Wanted it to go with my original CE, and the art book/dvd are worth it), so I checked ebay. The goddamn things are going between 200 and 400 bucks. That's obscene. I was expecting like maybe 120, but what in the hell?

Who is it that pays that much for it? Or 2000 for a PS3 or 600 for a wii etc...?

Replies

• noritsune
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noritsune polycounter lvl 17
    certainly not anyone around here. the EB around my office had plenty o' copies when I snagged mine at lunch.
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    We got pre-orders from EB, and waited in a two block-long line at midnight in nut-freezing weather to pick them up. It was miserable yet still fun. wink.gif
  • StrangeFate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StrangeFate polycounter lvl 18
    i got mine during lunch, tons of copies at EB, no waiting, horrible weather...
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They'll part everything out except for the pet just like they did with the original WoW CE. Pissed me off when they handed out the Panda at a Korean Convention and allowed those people to redeem it on the US servers.

I pre-ordered 1 copy of the CE TBC and later canceled it after a heated conversation with a GM which turned into a heated email exchange and then a heated phone call. I cancled my account for 2mo and recently decided to start playing again. I'm still pretty pissed about what happened and since the problem was on their end and they wouldn't own up to it, if I hear of it happening to anyone again I'll drop it like a bowl of hot cocks.

I'm still pissed now that I think back over it mad.gif
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Got my copy! I heard the BestBuy in vancouver had a line of +400 waiting to get a copy of BC.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    got my copy last night at 12:05, about 30 people in line. They only had 3 collectors editions, 1 was mine. Went home, checked ebay prices, thought about it for a bit. I really wanted the artbook and DVD. Since there were 7 pages on ebay going for 200+ I decided to keep it. Artbook is stunning!

now ebay is upto 1598 collectors editions on ebay. Seems like the word collector has now since gone, since every tries to capitalize on selling on ebay.
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    I got a CE just by walking into Best Buy this morning. I haven't opened it yet though. Before I do can someone tell me if the art book is really any better than the last offering?

I'm sure i'm not alone in thinking that the original WoW artbook was 70% garbage. Some of the sections were a joke with either in game models as 'concept art' or half finished sketches. A repeat of that isn't worth the extra cash for me.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    I loved the WoW art book. *shrugs*

You guys who managed to get it are damned lucky. Looks like I'm shit out of luck. frown.gif
  • fmnoor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fmnoor polycounter lvl 17
    The lines at midnight were PS3 long here in downtown San Francisco (apparently). Some stores had 2000~ copies. Crazy stuff, maybe I should try WoW again.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Apparently Fry's had shitloads of copies... and people were literally filling up shopping carts with 'em. At least, that's what I've heard from coworkers... I have no interest in the game. tongue.gif
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    Having looked through the new art book it is indeed better than the former, but not by leaps and bounds. As is the case with the game itself, the book is mostly new environment art and a smattering of the new character stuff.

I'm just happy to have my little baby hippogriff. He looks like Tucan Sam and a reindeer had a cute mutant baby.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    I'm on the trial, and have two characters, and definetly intend to buy the game. But not for nearly that much.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, I grabbed the original WoW CE and used it for myself. Fuck selling it! I have an awesome mini-diablo, zergling, or panda for each of my characters.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, I grabbed the original WoW CE and used it for myself. Fuck selling it! I have an awesome mini-diablo, zergling, or panda for each of my characters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because character transfer sends all items along with the character. My wife's (non collectors edition) account has mage with a panda now.
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    Got the CE edition too, got it today... better, my brother got it today, long time i don't play that productivity killer.
  • Jelmer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jelmer polycounter lvl 17
    It's taking over my life again.... must..... resist....
    CAN'T!, brb
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Having looked through the new art book it is indeed better than the former, but not by leaps and bounds. As is the case with the game itself, the book is mostly new environment art and a smattering of the new character stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]You know, if you're not happy with the art book, I'd be happy to take it off your hands for a reasonable price (say half the cost of the game). That goes for the rest of you Warcraft players too.