Home› 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Space Baddie from 2XXX

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Zephir62 polycounter lvl 12
This is my first character I've completed from start to finish. I believe I'm almost done, although I'd like to do more work on the normal map but I don't really know what to add. The problem is that the way I have the UVW coordinates set up I can't add normal detail to the individual body parts.

Chuba3.jpg
Chuba-1.jpg
Chuba3-1.jpg
015978.jpg
Chuba2-1.jpg
face.jpg

He weighs in at around 10k faces. Comments and criticism are welcome! I'm always learning, so fire away smile.gif

Replies

• Cybroxide
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cybroxide polycounter lvl 17
    you could probably add alot more detail to that armor, both in the normal map and the diffuse.
  • Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Some pointers:

-Give us a wireframe shot, it would make this much easier to crit.
    -Don't use black as a background, it makes the model very hard to see, use 50% grey
    -It's hard to crit the head and its texture with the angle you've given us. I suspect you used this angle to hide texture stretching?
    -Learn how to paint the texture of the head, or use your photo references more effectively (use front and side photos)
    -Add some interest to the armour by using a colour scheme, and adding some wear and tear to the armour.
    -Crop your images

The hair looks good, and this isn't bad for your first character.
  • Zephir62
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zephir62 polycounter lvl 12
    Here's a wireframe and a shot of the head for ya. I assure you that the angle I gave the first render was to help show the hair along with the face and nothing more wink.gif

Chuba5.jpg
    Chuba4.jpg

As for the head texture, yes, I did use a front and side-view of two different people. I'm doing this model for someone else and they don't really want any wear and tear on the armor, just solid shiny gold. smile.gif
  • Skizot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skizot polycounter lvl 18
    did you use antionio banderas for the eyes?
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    antonio is eyes, nose and mouth